Autoweek: Bubba Wallace to drive 43 car in 2018

As stated in the article:

"Wallace will become the first full-time African-American driver in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series since Scott. Partners for Wallace and the No. 43 team for the 2018 season will be announced at a later date."

When the article reads like this, (below) then we will be way better off for getting rid of the racial association.

Wallace will become the full-time driver for the Petty 43 in the Monster energy cup series in 2018. This is all that is important, nothing else. JMHO

PS: I am glad he got a ride for 2018. :)

As stated in the article:

"Wallace will become the first full-time African-American driver in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series since Scott. Partners for Wallace and the No. 43 team for the 2018 season will be announced at a later date."

When the article reads like this, (below) then we will be way better off for getting rid of the racial association.

Wallace will become the full-time driver for the Petty 43 in the Monster energy cup series in 2018. This is all that is important, nothing else. JMHO

PS: I am glad he got a ride for 2018. :)
Agree.
Glad to hear Bubba got the ride. Let's see what he can do in 2018.

He's done more than Bowman has to deserve a top cup ride, so if you're ok with that one then you should be this one :idunno:

Bowman outperformed the current driver and a first ballot Hall of Famer in a car he was dropped into out of the blue, and has proven he can be a loyal team player. Good enough for me.........

My new driver once my driver doesn't show up for the 500 next year. I like how him and Ryan are together.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Same goes for Bowman, I'm happy for any driver getting their shot.

I was really pulling for Bowman to get the 88 ride, I liked what I saw when he replaced Junior.
I think he is the opposite of Jones and more like Chase.

Happy for Bubba and RPM. He has skills but I'm sure it will be a challenge for both he and their program to be competitive week to week.

Well said as I think some folks are under the impression he will be a fixture in the top 10-15 every week and that will be a tall order.

Would be easier to just say what's really on your mind.

I think I'll ask that question the next time a certain manufacturer gets bashed "just because" even though the reason is as plain as day.

If Bubba is a fixture in the top 20 every week that will be good. Given he didn't have any previous Cup starts I was quite impressed with his results in the 43 compared to Almirola.

New to the sport sponsors. Now that is good news and I think as drivers salaries decrease more sponsors will take advantage of the opportunity. Lot of companies out there who just can't afford the 5 million + for one of the current top drivers.
IMO a lot of fans don't like the idea that someone driving a car can make over 5 million a year when you take into consideration there is a very slim chance of being severely maimed. Drivers today are safer than some regular jobs out there.

Claire was saying last night (heard the replay this morning) she thinks it could possibly be Nickelodeon based on previous conversations she had with I guess their CEO (some higher up), and how they sponsored Bubba for the one-off Xfinity race at Chicago and they really really like him. They did say their goal was to get more into the sport to try and get kids more interested.

Claire was saying last night (heard the replay this morning) she thinks it could possibly be Nickelodeon based on previous conversations she had with I guess their CEO (some higher up), and how they sponsored Bubba for the one-off Xfinity race at Chicago and they really really like him. They did say their goal was to get more into the sport to try and get kids more interested.

Nickelodeon has a NASCAR-themed show that Karsyn Elledge hosts.

Some sponsor made a smart move. Bubba was better in a short stint than Almirola

If this is true, I wonder how many people will go from loving to hating Bubba overnight?

Really, the Toyota hate was pretty quiet until Kyle's Championship. Then the Manufacturers Championship. Now, leading the Championship. I see a trend. **** I hadn't heard for 10 years has resurfaced. Blah, blah, blah, and blah.

So Gibbs will have another ‘alliance’ if Toyota rumors are true, I wonder if Petty brings back the 44 for Bell in 2019

Really, the Toyota hate was pretty quiet until Kyle's Championship. Then the Manufacturers Championship. Now, leading the Championship. I see a trend. sh!t I hadn't heard for 10 years has resurfaced. Blah, blah, blah, and blah.
In my case it wasn't a hate on Toyota ( not a hate at all) but a true disappointment in Nascar that they would have the nerve to turn the championship into gimmick. The first act of the circus was when they added Gordon to the chase. Then of course allowing Kyle to miss so much of the season and still qualify. I do understand that by racing into the top 30 is why he qualified. But any time a top 30 car can qualify just shows how shallow the championship now is.
I don't care what manufacturer wins it. Toyota snookered Ford and Chev so if they win it I say good for them. Older fans realize ( or should) that GM bought favoritism for years.

Ah, Flashbacks to the Lake Speed number 9 Cartoon Network Ford

In my case it wasn't a hate on Toyota ( not a hate at all) but a true disappointment in Nascar that they would have the nerve to turn the championship into gimmick. The first act of the circus was when they added Gordon to the chase. Then of course allowing Kyle to miss so much of the season and still qualify. I do understand that by racing into the top 30 is why he qualified. But any time a top 30 car can qualify just shows how shallow the championship now is.
I don't care what manufacturer wins it. Toyota snookered Ford and Chev so if they win it I say good for them. Older fans realize ( or should) that GM bought favoritism for years.

Never heard all of this about Kyle missing so much of a season and then winning the Championship. Where have I been? :idunno: Oh yeah, that's right, trying to revive the horse. Still dead.

It is my sincere hope that footage of the Toyota snookering meeting is released. National Enquirer has worn out Caitlyn Jenner.

....and now we hear that all of the great champions from the GM stable have been a farce. Do not even go there with Santa. I'm serious.

You work really hard.

So Gibbs will have another ‘alliance’ if Toyota rumors are true, I wonder if Petty brings back the 44 for Bell in 2019

I'm wondering if this is a short term thing (if true). I feel like the 77 isn't done forever.

Never heard all of this about Kyle missing so much of a season and then winning the Championship. Where have I been? :idunno: Oh yeah, that's right, trying to revive the horse. Still dead.

It is my sincere hope that footage of the Toyota snookering meeting is released. National Enquirer has worn out Caitlyn Jenner.

....and now we hear that all of the great champions from the GM stable have been a farce. Do not even go there with Santa. I'm serious.

You work really hard.

I'll beat that dead horse on the current championship format with my dying breath or until it is changed. With Nascar that shouldn't be to long.

I'm odd I suppose in that I like cars period. Yes I have love for brands, but I never locked into one where I hated the others. Grew up in a family where Dad had Chevy trucks and the cars were Chrysler or Dodge. I loved Camaros as a kid, but also Challengers and Chargers. Ironically my very first car was a used 1974 Toyota Corolla. I've owned multiple brands over the years, both domestic and foreign. Current stable is a Chevy, Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible (our beach buggy) and my company car Ford Fusion.

I primarily pull for drivers. None drive Toyotas. If one of them ends up in that badge, I will probably stick with them.

I'm odd I suppose in that I like cars period. Yes I have love for brands, but I never locked into one where I hated the others. Grew up in a family where Dad had Chevy trucks and the cars were Chrysler or Dodge. I loved Camaros as a kid, but also Challengers and Chargers. Ironically my very first car was a used 1974 Toyota Corolla. I've owned multiple brands over the years, both domestic and foreign. Current stable is a Chevy, Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible (our beach buggy) and my company car Ford Fusion.

I primarily pull for drivers. None drive Toyotas. If one of them ends up in that badge, I will probably stick with them.

I'm with you as the manufacturer doesn't mean a thing to me as there us not enough to distinguish between them, IMO. If others see it differently I am good too.

Yeah, I'm a driver fan, too. The badge on the front doesn't concern me at all.

Yeah, I'm a driver fan, too. The badge on the front doesn't concern me at all.

I have always respected that, but I was listening to a WRC podcast last night with Jari-Matti Latvala from Toyota. He talked for an hour about car development. Fascinating. Talked. About. The. Car. That is gone from NASCAR now....haven't seen/heard anything since Brewer's Tech Garage. If there is one direction NASCAR has gone that saddens me, it is this. When one car gets ahead of the others, it's horror. There is no discussion of these cars technically until rules are broken. We have lost the cornerstone of this sport---the car. My original point....other motorsports, perhaps not so much. I'm not saying that the driver isn't significant, but to me, it's the driver's relationship with the car/team that is the story.

I don't like Gibbs..Didn't like him when he came in and had Chevys. Not enamored with the way Toyota is doing business in Nascar. So the two are a good match for me to root against. I like Suarez and Jones. I have no problem with.I like those two. So Gibbs, Hambone and KDB are about it on my root against list. I like the whole racing lifestyle. Don't want a manufacturer spending contest like F-1 is if possible. That went from small teams building cars to what it is now, a mess IMO.

Ah, Flashbacks to the Lake Speed number 9 Cartoon Network Ford
Somewhere out there are #9 T-shirts. Scooby-Doo has his head stuck out the driver's window, looking over the top of the car at Shaggy. There's a black Monte Carlo behind them. The caption: "Ruh-Roh!"

Back
Top Bottom