Autoweek: Bubba Wallace to drive 43 car in 2018

Well, Nick does fit with one of the sponsors I had heard. Although I heard it would be under Nick's parent company logo which last I checked was Xfinity and by extension NBC Universal, Word is three manufacturer deals on the table. Not sure, but guessing all three current makes involved. Last week, things looked like Chevy, hopefully, Toyo goes away don't want to see the 43 on that brand. He has turned them down before, when they offered the most money hopefully Murstien will let him do so again.

So will Domino's be a sponsor for him or not? It's about dinner time here, should I be ordering Dominos Pizza? :D
Surprisingly, not on the list I saw but doesn't mean they won't be.

Well said as I think some folks are under the impression he will be a fixture in the top 10-15 every week and that will be a tall order.
I think I'll ask that question the next time a certain manufacturer gets bashed "just because" even though the reason is as plain as day.

Not under any impressions, but I love it when the 43 is actually trying to improve position. Aric has two things he needs to overcome. First, like most modern drivers the car has to be close to perfect. He is not a difference maker in the seat. Second, you can tell his favorite tracks by his results. The circuit just doesn't run on them enough I guess. I joined the Bubba train after Daytona. He was mashing the gas and going for it. The 43 has not been driven like that since Bobby Hamilton 20 years ago with an honorable mention to Bobby Labonte early on in his stint behind the wheel.

My TRD crusher, it eats those pretty looking TRD tundra's pickups for breakfast.

413619282.jpg

There was nickelodeon back in the Stone Age? Well color me shocked. :p
Yeah, but we had to draw 'Fairly Odd Parents' on the cave walls ourselves.

I have a 7 year old Nissan Altima. To date I have changed the break shoes twice. ( wife drags them)
Today I added a new gas cap and air filter to the list of repairs. I am a happy customer and the only thing wrong with the gas mileage is my heavy foot.
We put 275,000 miles and 17 years on a '94 Sentra. I had to put in a water pump around 110K, a starter around 180K (while in Richmond for race weekend!), and front axles around 210. The transmission finally put it down. It was the most pleasing car I ever had or ever expect to have, but too many sources have downgraded their quality and reliability in the last few years.

... hopefully, Toyo goes away don't want to see the 43 on that brand. He has turned them down before, when they offered the most money hopefully Murstien will let him do so again.
Beats not seeing the number at all.

We put 275,000 miles and 17 years on a '94 Sentra. I had to put in a water pump around 110K, a starter around 180K (while in Richmond for race weekend!), and front axles around 210. The transmission finally put it down. It was the most pleasing car I ever had or ever expect to have, but too many sources have downgraded their quality and reliability in the last few years.
Wow, that is getting your money's worth. Because of the salt, cars don't last long here. Hoping that changes with these new cars that have a lot of plastic in them. Another thing I noticed is the doors are not sealed the same. These just have a clipped on strip so you can tell the air goes in the front door and out the back of the rear door where it leaves a dirt strip.

My TRD crusher, it eats those pretty looking TRD tundra's pickups for breakfast.

413619282.jpg

Nice ride! I am happy for anyone that has found a vehicle that they like that works for them. I have a 5.7 liter TRD Tundra that works for me as it has plenty of horsepower and torque, is great in the snow and comfortable for passengers. This is my second one and the first one was bulletproof for me.

Nice ride! I am happy for anyone that has found a vehicle that they like that works for them. I have a 5.7 liter TRD Tundra that works for me as it has plenty of horsepower and torque, is great in the snow and comfortable for passengers. This is my second one and the first one was bulletproof for me.

But did you drive it in Canada during winter? :p

But did you drive it in Canada during winter? :p

I will have to give it test in the Niagara region of Ontario this winter. One of the problems we have here is the drifting of snow as a plow can clear a path and within minutes it is has blown shut again.

My little F250 has a tune on the power stroke, and it puts out a little over 590hp and 1010 ft pounds of torque.

My little F250 has a tune on the power stroke, and it puts out a little over 590hp and 1010 ft pounds of torque.
My Ram aint too shabby but ya gotta use a soft foot to keep rear traction.

I will have to give it test in the Niagara region of Ontario this winter. One of the problems we have here is the drifting of snow as a plow can clear a path and within minutes it is has blown shut again.
You just described my driveway. For a real test come north of Timmins. :D
Interesting fact here. NO logging company uses Toyota OR Dodge pickups, they just won't stand up to the harsh treatment and General Motors have priced themselves out of the market.
So the common truck being used off road is FORD. They are tough and cheaper to repair.:D

Interesting fact here. NO logging company uses Toyota OR Dodge pickups, they just won't stand up to the harsh treatment and General Motors have priced themselves out of the market.
So the common truck being used off road is FORD. They are tough and cheaper to repair.:D
You and your fords are beginning to sound like @Revman and "His" yoders.

Reactions: Pat
You and your fords are beginning to sound like @Revman and "His" yoders.
Don't get confused by my Team Penske name. I don't buy Fords and other than the older Lincolns I wouldn't have one. That doesn't apply to pickups though for reasons mentioned. I was referring to logging companies who buy trucks by the dozen.
I am a Brad fan and he went to Dodge.

Those sound like my kind of buying criteria. I'm just glad anytime I spy a truck that's obviously used as a working vehicle and isn't a 'Pavement Princess', never having known a bail of pine straw, a piece of lumber, a step ladder or an extension cord in the bed.

All my favorite drivers, except recently have been Chevy guys. But, my favorite car I've owned was a Camry. I sold it to my son. Now I just have my favorite vehicle of all time.. a 2001 F150 Lariat Crew Cab. It is beautiful. It is a Highway Princess with leather seats, very comfy. But I assure you it is a work horse also. I have a Rhino liner put in the day I bought it. That pickup has hauled a lot of crap including a cord of firewood. That's the whole point of owning a pickup.

Pat 8 ft long, 4 ft wide and 4 ft high is a full bush cord. That makes 3 16" firewood cords or as we call them face cords. If a truck won't hall that it ain't a truck.
That's bigger than what I can haul I think. But don't be dissing my truck! :p

What???? Did they have to continue sponsoring the car for "X" amount of races to keep from being sued?

Adam Stern and others have written about RPM contract clauses that *may* prohibit Aric Almirola from joining up with Smithfield at another team (such as SHR). There has been speculation that is why Aric's 2018 plans have not been announced. So now maybe that situation has been resolved through negotiations and some cash... just guessing.

Maybe the 10 will be the Smithfield car with Aric driving, and the 43 might carry Smithfield as associate sponsor after paying $x to RPM to waive those contract clauses.

Lmao..... this is good news. Glad that RP didn't screw the pooch too bad with this one.

Back
Top Bottom