Bahrain Grand Prix

Zerkfitting

Team Owner
Taking a snow day and I'm watching F1 practice in Bahrain (it says live but it is night there - must be broadcast delay). The sound of the car is fine when in-car sound is used.

They call the engine is a power unit now because it is more than just an internal combustion engine. They said that Mercedes uses one turbo to produce electrical power to power the other turbo to ensure it is spooled up so there is no turbo lag. Interesting tech (not sure if I caught the explanation right). I noticed they have "Keep Fighting Micheal" on the team cars.

They mentioned that Gene Haas might have a team next year. Bernie says they have the money and now they have to spend it.

Taking a snow day and I'm watching F1 practice in Bahrain (it says live but it is night there - must be broadcast delay).

I don't think it is. I believe the timing is somewhat civilized for an American audience to watch live for this race

at least no rain in bahrain !

hard ta believe----900th gran prix race .

Ferrari is getting priced out of the tecno area of the show. They haven't called Hamilton's number very much, out front and cruising, but the action in the pack is really good so far.

I don't think it is. I believe the timing is somewhat civilized for an American audience to watch live for this race

Nope they changed the race time because it's Monday there and this gives the locals a chance to be at the race and not miss work.

Great race so far F Vettel & Red Bull.

Nope they changed the race time because it's Monday there and this gives the locals a chance to be at the race and not miss work.
What are you smoking? It's 7pm Sunday night there.

Are you watching the race? They announced that was the reason for the time change dude.
Time_Zones_of_the_World_Large.JPG

How many time zones ahead is Bahrain? It isn't Monday there.

How many time zones ahead is Bahrain? It isn't Monday there.

Don't have to prove I'm wrong and your right you have to send your message to the NBCSP announcers I was just repeating what they reported.

We may complain about the engine sound, but the engine change has made for closer racing F1 isn't just follow the leader (usually Vettel).

Last edited:
Despite the unpopularity of the engine noises, the racing has been good this year, just like when IndyCar went to smaller engines. I hope it keeps up all year though it looks like Mercedes might run away with the championship.

Why did Lewis hold up the steering wheel? What a dork lol.

Despite the unpopularity of the engine noises, the racing has been good this year, just like when IndyCar went to smaller engines. I hope it keeps up all year though it looks like Mercedes might run away with the championship.

I'm with ya on this.

I haven't seen team mates race very much but there were several in this race. You don't see side-by-side racing very often in F1.

I hope there weren't team orders there between Lewis and Nico like David Hobbs suggested.

I hope there weren't team orders there between Lewis and Nico like David Hobbs suggested.

Dave Hobbs seems like he doesn't like Hamilton. Every ten seconds the last 10 laps he claimed Rosberg was gonna blow past him. That was just awesome driving by the best driver in the world. But I gotta say Nico has really impressed me this year. It's gonna be a dogfight between him and Lewis for the championship

Dave Hobbs seems like he doesn't like Hamilton. Every ten seconds the last 10 laps he claimed Rosberg was gonna blow past him. That was just awesome driving by the best driver in the world. But I gotta say Nico has really impressed me this year. It's gonna be a dogfight between him and Lewis for the championship
? He picked Hamilton to win the race in the pre-race show.

good race. thinkin team pulled nico back.....afraid he'd wreck both he-n-hamilton. ?
be interestin ta see if red bull -n- ferrari find anything for mercedes in future.

Best F-1 race in quite a while IMO

Best F1 race I've seen in 3 years. Especially with no Vettel on the podium. He didn't seem too happy at the end of the race interview. He wasn't happy when he was told to let Ricardo by because he was faster, then at how the end of the race Ricardo passing him again without team orders.

Just finished watching this race. Glad to finally see some action in F1. Nice to see Force India on the podium.

good race. thinkin team pulled nico back.....afraid he'd wreck both he-n-hamilton. ?
be interestin ta see if red bull -n- ferrari find anything for mercedes in future.

Mercedes has hit upon an excellent engine design, it will probably take a few years for the rest too catch up IMO

Back
Top Bottom