#10 Dario Franchitti

The 6 moving on from Group 2 are..

#12 Will Power
#27 Mike Conway
#59 EJ Viso
#82 Tony Kanaan
#3 Helio Castroneves
#78 Simona De Silvestro

Takuma Sato caused a full course yellow so that cost him his 2 fastest laps which would of easily put him in the fastest 6 from group 2.

The Firestone Fast 6 are..

#12 Will Power
#38 Graham Rahal
#19 Sebastien Bourdais
#6 Ryan Briscoe
#10 Dario Franchitti
#28 Ryan Hunter-Reay

Congratulations to Will Power for his 7th pole position.

I've interviewed Will Power, Ryan Briscoe and Graham Rahal so far. Waiting to hear back from Simona's team... and I have a winter interview with Roger Penske for a book I'm working on.

When they ran in Houston, the Brown Convention Center was the garage. It was fantastic.

So far, IndyCar > NASCAR. The fans are very laid back (probably all the beer they're serving up). Very fan friendly sport. NASCAR needs to take notes, there's a reason there's 100,000 people here and 50,000 in Atlanta.

And the audience is very diverse.

So far, IndyCar > NASCAR. The fans are very laid back (probably all the beer they're serving up). Very fan friendly sport. NASCAR needs to take notes, there's a reason there's 100,000 people here and 50,000 in Atlanta.

And the audience is very diverse.

I'd say its more an accident and half the people didn't know there was a race and wondered into the area:rolleyes:

First time race, that is why there are so many people there.

When you watch the race on VERSUS tomorrow, sit back and appreciate it. You will be watching a new chapter in motorsports history begin. This is a great race for Baltimore, American Le Mans Series and for the IZOD IndyCar Series.

To quote Billy Joel, "It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday", traffic snarl-ups aside.

Enjoy the race, Andy, and don't forget to post some photos after you're done trying to talk to Danica Patrick ;)

There has been a serious crash in final practice. Something happened with Tony Kanaan's car going in to turn one, and his front wing clipped Helio Castroneves' rear tire, sending Kanaan's car flying in to the turn one tire barriers.

Both drivers are okay, but we're under a red condition.

OK, I generally like Vs coverage, but this "1 hot" "2 hot" and on and n through the whole field as they start engines is quite dumb.

Traffic Jam:D

So all those cars who stopped get their spot back? I guess you don't have to maintain pace in indy car like Nascar.

Anyone else notice no Danica interview by VS at the end of the race? She did come from way back in pack to a 7th place finish. They talked to the 10th place, 14th, 19th, 12th place but not the 7th place finisher? wtf?

Back
Top Bottom