Baltimore Grand Prix Race Thread

I was there all day all three days and I never saw her once. Saw every other Andretti driver in their area of the Paddock, not her once. She's gone from the series next year and people are tired of hearing about her.. I'd rather see them interview Simona. nexxxxt.:)

That caution was way too long, no need for it to be that long. Rahal was right after the race calling it bad officiating again. Barnhart better be gone next year.

Other than the pile-up, the race itself was rather not real exciting. I still love to watch it but not much excitement, especially including that long yellow stint.

That caution was way too long, no need for it to be that long. Rahal was right after the race calling it bad officiating again. Barnhart better be gone next year.

Other than the pile-up, the race itself was rather not real exciting. I still love to watch it but not much excitement, especially including that long yellow stint.

Blame Marco Andretti. They were getting ready to go green and his car dropped oil all the way around the track.

I was there all day all three days and I never saw her once. Saw every other Andretti driver in their area of the Paddock, not her once. She's gone from the series next year and people are tired of hearing about her.. I'd rather see them interview Simona. nexxxxt.:)

Simona was awesome, real nice lady.

**** the Baltimore Sun.

Easily the best moment for Baltimore in years (since Ravens fans don't exactly give Baltimore a good name) and the Baltimore Sun can't put aside their bias long enough to report facts.

Blame Marco Andretti. They were getting ready to go green and his car dropped oil all the way around the track.

No. The yellow caution laps before his car dropped oil were too much. Should of went green long before his car leaked oil.

At least Will Power was happy this week...

That's two weeks in a row! Look out, Mr. Judd!!!

You're a lot more charitable than I am. I'd like to see Brian Barnhardt gone, as of today. It seems that just about every race he makes some arbitrary call which proves to be exactly the wrong one. Indy is on a roll with Bernard in charge, and Barnhart is holding it back with his incompetence.

But then I admit that my view isn't too objective; I've disliked what this guy does for the past 3-4 years.

It's a shame, shows how awful Barnhart is. Here's a race, where the stands are filled to capacity and there's tens of thousands more watching from anywhere. And, instead of talking about the success of the race, we're talking about ANOTHER Brian Barnhart f-up.

Well, I've got to say, VS covered the same race I was at. They missed a couple things but, for the most part, exact same race I watched. That network just gets it.

WTF? A "Grid Run"?

I loved that part. I like how Robin Miller caught the drivers off guard and thus they were not prepared to give any rehearsed answers. Kinda showed the human side to them, especially the back and forth ribbing between Scott Dixon and his wife.

Just browsing through some racing headlines and saw this article on SPEED.com.

I somehow missed this at the beginning of the race, which the article goes into detail about. Close call, for sure.

I loved that part. I like how Robin Miller caught the drivers off guard and thus they were not prepared to give any rehearsed answers. Kinda showed the human side to them, especially the back and forth ribbing between Scott Dixon and his wife.

I somehow missed this at the beginning of the race, which the article goes into detail about. Close call, for sure.

Yeah, more evidence that Brian Barnhart is an idiot.

Reminds me of the time NASCAR restarted with the truck still on the backstretch:eek:

Robin Miller is the best. Honest, up front and right almost all the time. And funny to boot.

Oh, I liked it. It was just weird to see, fresh though. LOVED Danica's reply to him.

My favorite was after the race in the media center, the Baltimore Sun reporter asked Tony Kanaan, "What makes Will Power so good on these road and street courses."

Tony Stewart would've appreciated Kanaan's reply: "Can you ask him that when he gets in here?"

Robin Miller is the best. Honest, up front and right almost all the time. And funny to boot.

Agreed, Miller is one of the best media personalities in motor sports. A nice departure from the yes men that the three NASCAR networks have in front of the cameras. I can't imagine any of them hiring somebody like Miller.

I happen to like Dave Despain. I like Robin Miller too, for the most part. But he does take himself a little too seriously from time to time. I'm not saying that he is above poking fun at himself. Just that he tends to be a bit fixated on his own opinions. He is correct much of the time!

My favorite moment of the Grid Run @ Baltimore was the way Robin blew off Tony Effen George! That was worth a million dollars right there!! :D

A week and a half later and The Baltimore Sun is still trying to tank the race.

It's like, if you read The Baltimore Sun, then watch WBAL, they're two totally different races.

WBAL: Baltimore Grand Prix a huge success

The Baltimore Sun: Baltimore Grand Prix falls way short of expectations (actually, it surpassed everyone's expectations)

They have been doing that grid run for awhile now. Dan Wheldon and Robin Miller were both doing it when Wheldon was doing commentary on the races.

Back
Top Bottom