Bill Elliott to drive the No. 23 for GMS Racing at Road America in the Xfinity Series

Considering he'll be 63 in October, I'd say pretty low. It'll be cool to see him out there though, I just hope he gets a decent finish.
I second this. It’s beyond cool to see him out there and I hope he finishes on the lead lap, that’d be really amazing. To give it a go at 62, I have nothing but respect for this whole deal. The only Ford driver I liked as a kid was Bill, the 9 Coors is the one of most iconic schemes ever. I hope all his fans are stoked to see him run again, I’d be just as excited if I got the news JG was going to run a race again.

Maybe just maybe there's no ulterior motives. Maybe it's because he's a race car driver and wants to test himself and give it a shot. That's what I think.
Yep just because you are done in Cup doesn't mean you are done racing, I saw on twitter Sterling Marlin won at Nashville last night.

413969078.jpg

Lots of folks trying to pick this apart. A NASCAR legend is returning to the track. Who cares how he does? I’ll just enjoy seeing Bill on the racetrack.
Yep me too, he was my favorite driver for a long time, since he retired I no longer have a favorite. Tried to like Kasey, but that didn't last long, just not the same.

Lots of folks trying to pick this apart. A NASCAR legend is returning to the track. Who cares how he does? I’ll just enjoy seeing Bill on the racetrack.
Well said. Some people just can’t be happy with anything. It’s pretty cool a 62 year old 1988 Winston Cup Champion is going to give it a go just to see if he can. I’d bet more than half of the guys he’ll end up competing against weren’t even born when he won the Cup, I find this whole deal enjoyable.

Well said. Some people just can’t be happy with anything. It’s pretty cool a 62 year old 1988 Winston Cup Champion is going to give it a go just to see if he can. I’d bet more than half of the guys he’ll end up competing against weren’t even born when he won the Cup, I find this whole deal enjoyable.

What's frustrating for us older fans is that fact that Elliott still had another 2-3 good years in him but he was basically forced out for a "young gun". The Homestead race still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

What's frustrating for us older fans is that fact that Elliott still had another 2-3 good years in him but he was basically forced out for a "young gun". The Homestead race still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
It really was enjoyable watching him win the Brickyard and then at The Rock during 02 season (maybe 03) if my memory hasn’t betrayed me. I always though he could still go full time at that current time, he was just staring to win again.

Back
Top Bottom