Bill Elliott to drive the No. 23 for GMS Racing at Road America in the Xfinity Series

http://www.espn.co.uk/jayski/nxs/20...tt-drive-road-america-xfinity-race-gms-racing

Bill Elliott to drive Road America XFINITY race for GMS Racing
11:10 AM
Statesville N.C. (August 4, 2018) - GMS Racing officials announced today that veteran driver, Bill Elliott will drive the No. 23 ISM Connect Chevrolet Camaro at Road America in the NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) Johnsonville 180.

"When this opportunity came up from Mike (Beam), I had to jump on it," said Bill Elliott. "Chase (Elliott) has ran a handful of races for the team so I figured I would give it a shot at Road America. Beam and I have worked together in the past so it will be exciting to get back behind the wheel and bring back some old memories."

Elliott will be making his first NXS start at Road America. The Dawsonville, GA native has a total of 43 NXS starts, one win, eight top-five's, 16 top-10's and two pole awards.

"We are thrilled to welcome Bill (Elliott) to the GMS Racing family," said president of GMS Racing, Mike Beam. "Bill has many years in NASCAR and it's going to be great to watch him come back, especially in GMS equipment. Bill and I worked together back in the day and had a lot of success so hopefully we can pick up where we left off and create some more great memories."

--- GMS Racing ---

Reactions: Pat
Yeah, Awesome Bill back behind the wheel, good news.

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville is back behind the wheel and sure to thrill.

has to be a blue bullet with a check mark beside his name to be genuine. post #17 is an example

Just saw the news, so cool! Hope Chase races do we can have Elliott vs Elliott. That race is shaping up to be a good one with Bill in it and Conor Daley as well as Katherine Legge already in.

He and Evernham have been doing a lot of road racing stuff together the last year or so. Not sure that was intentionally done in order to get to this point, but it should help from a comfort standpoint.

I guess the intent is to have another father / son team added to the list.

Back
Top Bottom