bone head

the 60 car is cursed anyway. 10 DNF's, has been wrecked at fault or not including single car spins when she doesn't feel like going straight 20 out of 26 races. It's a bonehead car :cool:

bone head move... the track policy of no coolers and 1 20oz bottle of water per fan carry in policy.
They charge $5 for a bottle at the concession stands... I just went to the night races (K&N Pro Series thursday and trucks friday).
Too much stuff to do in vegas to be sitting in metal grandstands for hours baking at 100+ degrees, and the only way to get refreshment is to pay $5 for a water...
Most cup tracks let you bring a cooler and as much water as you want. I hope they didn't have to haul too many people out of there due to dehydration...

Rick, Burton and LaTart in action:
bone head move... the track policy of no coolers and 1 20oz bottle of water per fan carry in policy.
They charge $5 for a bottle at the concession stands... I just went to the night races (K&N Pro Series thursday and trucks friday).
Too much stuff to do in vegas to be sitting in metal grandstands for hours baking at 100+ degrees, and the only way to get refreshment is to pay $5 for a water...
Most cup tracks let you bring a cooler and as much water as you want. I hope they didn't have to haul too many people out of there due to dehydration...

I was planning on going to all three Sept. races next year, but, if this is the deal, I do not think so.

We were sitting in plastic seats. The heat wasn’t bad at all.

We were sitting in plastic seats. The heat wasn’t bad at all.

I don't mind the heat usually, especially walking around, but sitting still there for a 400 mile race, i definitely sunburn really bad... I've gotten some really bad ones at MIS over the years...
Obviously lots of other people didn't bother since they reported a crowd of 45,000 in some las vegas newspaper articles...
No excuse for them to not let you bring in water in that kind of weather when all of the other cup tracks allow it.

I wouldn't go to a track that didn't allow fans to BTO food and refreshments. I'm sure the cover story is that it takes too long to search coolers for weapons :rolleyes: when they are actually trying to boost revenue with $10 beers and $4 hotdogs.

I wouldn't go to a track that didn't allow fans to BTO food and refreshments. I'm sure the cover story is that it takes too long to search coolers for weapons :rolleyes: when they are actually trying to boost revenue with $10 beers and $4 hotdogs.

I asked on facebook and the tracks reply was "It's the same policy as other sports events in Vegas"... well other events in Vegas are inside of air conditioned arenas... And I don't compare a NASCAR race to other sports, i compare to other NASCAR events...

I don’t see it as a big deal. We bought water and beer from the concessions and we bbq’d in the parking lot before and after the race. Someone next to us even gave me some grilled salmon.
We had burgers, brats, hot dogs, pork chops, chips n dip, chili, potato salad...

I don’t see it as a big deal. We bought water and beer from the concessions and we bbq’d in the parking lot before and after the race. Someone next to us even gave me some grilled salmon.
We had burgers, brats, hot dogs, pork chops, chips n dip, chili, potato salad...

i dont buy $5 waters... especially not if its at an event that long. Every other cup track lets you bring water in... not sure why this one has to have a crap policy...

If it goes according to plan, NBC delivers the IndyCar finale a much stronger lead-in and higher potential audience than would otherwise be possible. With too big of a gap between the races, that effect is lessened.

The past two seasons have featured races with fewer cautions that don't run over generally, so I understand why they didn't anticipate a problem. I'm not into watching much post-race stuff anymore. I can see why those who are were annoyed by the need to rush off to Sonoma for a much less popular event.
yep and it worked too

Perspective.
When we go to a race we don't pay attention to the price of anything. We're aware that the price of everything is inflated. We go there to enjoy ourselves and we always do. After all we're on vacation and vacations aint cheap.

Back
Top Bottom