Bonehead at the Brickyard

In any case, Brad was very smart once he saw Elliot jump and get the lead. He simply got on the gas before he left the box, but didn't go all out. He wasn't going to catch Elliot, so he made sure the bonehead crossed the line well before he did. Even the rookie Austin realized what had happened, and he backed off and let Brad enter turn 1 first.

In any case, Brad was very smart once he saw Elliot jump and get the lead. He simply got on the gas before he left the box, but didn't go all out. He wasn't going to catch Elliot, so he made sure the bonehead crossed the ine well before he did. Even the rookie Austin realized what had happened, and he backed off and let Brad enter turn 1 first.

Just curious, have you ever seen Brad do anything wrong ever?

At this point in the whole controversy, I'm just going to ignore anyone who talks about the Kahne incident being the same as the Elliot incident. If someone still thinks those are the same, and refuses to accept that different rules apply, so be it.

FB my friend let me say this. The issue on Saturday was a big deal during the drivers meeting on Sunday so something had to be messed up.

:cheers:

I've seen a number of times when Tony did something stupid and caused an accident.

In '09, Brad drove like an ass at Memphis. Super aggressive and refused to check up for anyone. I still feel that race is why Carl took Brad out at the NW Daytona race in 2010. My problem with that was Carl goes way overboard and tears up lots of cars when just a bump would do the trick. Brad needed to be taught a lesson when he came up, and guys like Tony (Phoenix), Burton during several races and some others did it the right way.

Meanwhile, back at the 48 BatCave, Chad Knaus takes a Dover high banked track car, and makes it work in a dominating fashion at INDY on the flat.

At the 07:00 mark watch what Hornish does to the back of Brads car.

He didn't mean to jack him up he was just distracted by his hood pins.

I laughed when I heard him say that. Distracted by hood pins is a new way of saying "I didn't mean to get into him". Distracted by hood pins should be on a T-shirt.

I laughed when I heard him say that. Distracted by hood pins is a new way of saying "I didn't mean to get into him". Distracted by hood pins should be on a T-shirt.

I'm distracted by your hood pins...would be great on a t-shirt. Danica wouldn't have to worry though hers are too small.

FB my friend let me say this. The issue on Saturday was a big deal during the drivers meeting on Sunday so something had to be messed up.

:cheers:

Nothing was messed up. NASCAR was pissed that some drivers were so damn confused. The one guy they called out, not by name, was Austin Dillon. When JJ suggested calling off a restart when someone pushes a driver past the leader, Helton got annoyed and told him nascar could just put them in a box and be sure 1 over eager driver couldn't ruin the whole race.

It worked, because NASCAR didn't have to change any rules, and nobody messed up on Sunday.

Nothing was messed up. NASCAR was pissed that some drivers were so damn confused. The one guy they called out, not by name, was Austin Dillon. When JJ suggested calling off a restart when someone pushes a driver past the leader, Helton got annoyed and told him nascar could just put them in a box and be sure 1 over eager driver couldn't ruin the whole race.

It worked, because NASCAR didn't have to change any rules, and nobody messed up on Sunday.

As we are confused as well.

Is that the race where Keselowski schooled Kyle on the restart rules? That was a classic night, for sure. Kyle is the leader, but he runs right through the start box and never goes, thus losing control of the restart. The flag waves, and Kyle pulls a Kasey Kahne and just snoozes while Brad beats him to the line and doesn't get penalized.

Just like BradK didn't go and Sadler blew right by, except this time NASCAR bailed Brad outl.

I'm not confused..it's pretty simple actually

First ,let me say Welcome to JinnyDwyer love to hear new members ,new opinions ,great stuff . Second , I for one love , love , love that there are judgement calls in Nascar . When some jerk starts brake checking the field nearly causing a multi car pile up ,Nascar makes a call . When some kid overdrives his car and spins his tires on a restart Nascar makes the call . When some idiot keeps jumping the restart Nascar makes a call. I love it that it is done by an official and not a computor . I also love it that it is not done by Brian France or Mike Helton . Fans love to question judgement calls , second guess the officials , in all sports , that is great stuff . Hope it will always be a part of Nascar.

Just like BradK didn't go and Sadler blew right by, except this time NASCAR bailed Brad outl.
The problem with you kids is that you don't understand what unexpected consequences are . You want some computor or laser beam judging restarts , then you get fifteen restarts in a row waved off by the computor because they weren't exactly perfect . So now you are screaming at the tv screen "Just Let Them Race !" . And you are wishing some official would step in and wave a green flag . Them are unexpected consequences .:D

Keselowski brake checked, which is why half the field - including Hornish, Sadler and Dillon - got jacked up. It's as clear as day on the video and not the first time he or anyone has done it. It should get very interesting the next time he tries that and Stewart is on his bumper. :D

He certainly had NO problem getting going once he realized Sadler was going to beat him to the start/finish;)

How could someone with the brilliance and talent of Keselowski spin his tires on a restart at Indy?

I'm distracted by your hood pins...would be great on a t-shirt. Danica wouldn't have to worry though hers are too small.

I like her pins just fine, and I am glad she hasn't went for some aftermarket ones.

Keselowski brake checked, which is why half the field - including Hornish, Sadler and Dillon - got jacked up. It's as clear as day on the video and not the first time he or anyone has done it. It should get very interesting the next time he tries that and Stewart is on his bumper. :D

I'm not sure you actually watched the video. What's clear is that Elliot is hanging back as Brad comes to the first restart line, something Sadler knows he's not allowed to do. Brad brake checks to keep Elliot from getting a run, and may have clutched and revved the engine to throw Sadler off. As they cross that first line, only 2 cars go, and that's Sadler and Dillion. They break away from the outside line, but Brad and Hornish don't. If Sadlers excuse about being pushed is valid for Elliot, it's doubly valid for Brad, because he's the only one that was jacked up by the second row.

IMO, Sadler got screwed by Austin. It's a little odd that Austin keeps pushing Elliot right to the line, but backs off and lets Brad get ahead entering turn 1 even though he gets a clear shot into the turn when Sadler moves down. If Austin felt everything was A-OK, his move is to run the high line and pin Brad down in turn 1. He doesn't, because he knows he will get penalized.

Aren't Austin and Elliot competing for a championship? Didn't that move by Austin result in a 20 point swing in his advantage?

I thought Elliots self serving explaination, video and all, was laughable. He never takes responsability for anything, including not giving the spot back.

I watched the video and know what I heard and seen. Keselowski was playing restart games like he's been known to do and Sadler fell victim. Hopefully he learned something from it for the next time.

First ,let me say Welcome to JinnyDwyer love to hear new members ,new opinions ,great stuff . Second , I for one love , love , love that there are judgement calls in Nascar . When some jerk starts brake checking the field nearly causing a multi car pile up ,Nascar makes a call . When some kid overdrives his car and spins his tires on a restart Nascar makes the call . When some idiot keeps jumping the restart Nascar makes a call. I love it that it is done by an official and not a computor . I also love it that it is not done by Brian France or Mike Helton . Fans love to question judgement calls , second guess the officials , in all sports , that is great stuff . Hope it will always be a part of Nascar.

I hate that a judgement call like that determined the outcome of a race. The problem with judgement calls like that are when NASCAR sets and resets precedents and, as a result, confuses everyone. On multiple occassions (the most egregious of which was Phoenix 2010 in Nationwide), NASCAR decided that, if the leader does not go in the "restart zone", beating him to the line is perfectly legal. Now, they've decided it's not. And several of these instances (Phoenix 2010, Indianapolis 2012, Bristol 2012 Cup) all feature the same driver. In Bristol, he didn't get going on restarts and, as a result NASCAR again said it was fair game. Of course, had Keselowski lost that race, he would've whined about the calls.

I firmly believe that, in the case of Indianapolis, it came down to one thing: NASCAR wanted either a Cup driver or Danica Patrick to win that race.

How about Nascar fans making judgement calls? Surely the right to do so isn't exclusive to Nascar alone?

I watched the video and know what I heard and seen. Keselowski was playing restart games like he's been known to do and Sadler fell victim. Hopefully he learned something from it for the next time.

I agree. Elliot was playing the lay back and get a run game, and Brad countered by droping the clutch and revving the engine. I see no real wheel spin in the videos, just Sam pushing the #22 out of shape. When ESPN played Brads in- car, they changed their tune on wheel spin and said it looked like Elliot just got a real good start. that's not a reason to beat the leader to the line.

If NASCAR let Elliot use the 'my teammate made me do it" excuse, we could just throw away the restart rules anytime teammates are lined up bumper to bumper. Brad could have Sam push him foward well before the start box and say the same thing.

With all their penalties this year, RCR has shown they are very eager to go outside the rules. Maybe they thought they found another way to cheat, and it backfired. It was a no risk affair for Richard, because his boy Austin just made his championship hopes much brighter.

I'm not sure you actually watched the video. What's clear is that Elliot is hanging back as Brad comes to the first restart line, something Sadler knows he's not allowed to do. Brad brake checks to keep Elliot from getting a run, and may have clutched and revved the engine to throw Sadler off. As they cross that first line, only 2 cars go, and that's Sadler and Dillion. They break away from the outside line, but Brad and Hornish don't. If Sadlers excuse about being pushed is valid for Elliot, it's doubly valid for Brad, because he's the only one that was jacked up by the second row.

IMO, Sadler got screwed by Austin. It's a little odd that Austin keeps pushing Elliot right to the line, but backs off and lets Brad get ahead entering turn 1 even though he gets a clear shot into the turn when Sadler moves down. If Austin felt everything was A-OK, his move is to run the high line and pin Brad down in turn 1. He doesn't, because he knows he will get penalized.

Aren't Austin and Elliot competing for a championship? Didn't that move by Austin result in a 20 point swing in his advantage?

I thought Elliots self serving explaination, video and all, was laughable. He never takes responsability for anything, including not giving the spot back.
Lets see FB, I think that I have it figured out now, you are either a Nascar spindoctor for their screwups, Bad Brads PR person or you just love to figure a way to stir the sheet pot. HMMM? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom