Bonehead for Daytona Cup

Reddick and his spotter. I understand WHY he did what he did, but not why his spotter allowed him to do what he did. Technically he did CLEAR Kyle, but Kyle and the people behind him overreacted, and it was only be a couple hairs.

Now granted, I know that's typically a bad spot for spotters anyways, since it's a heads-on frame.

But still. The room was ever just so slightly there. It basically wasn't.

I would have re-wrapped the car. Flat black.

But that’s just me.

I do not want to say Reddick but it was him. You just knew when he made the block that it was going to get ugly real fast and it did.
To his credit he was classy and admitted his mistake. Racing is tough and choices have to be made in the blink of eye. Pack racing on a superspeedway just made it worse.

Reddick and his spotter. I understand WHY he did what he did, but not why his spotter allowed him to do what he did. Technically he did CLEAR Kyle, but Kyle and the people behind him overreacted, and it was only be a couple hairs.

Now granted, I know that's typically a bad spot for spotters anyways, since it's a heads-on frame.

Its a very tough spot but at that part of the track it still wasnt head on. I didnt hear the audio of the spotters call but one thing a spotter cant do is stop a driver from making that move.

The move Reddick made is the exact type of racing NASCAR wanted when they made Daytona the cutoff. I don’t put Reddick as the bonehead. Hate the game not the player. To be fair, at least he sent it instead of playing follow the leader until half a mile to go.

Reddick of course.

Props for him owning it tho.

The move Reddick made is the exact type of racing NASCAR wanted when they made Daytona the cutoff. I don’t put Reddick as the bonehead. Hate the game not the player. To be fair, at least he sent it instead of playing follow the leader until half a mile to go.

I pretty much have to agree with that. If you are going to put THAT MUCH on the line in a type of racing that already encourages that kind of move, then you are just asking for chaos. NASCAR can paint it however they want to, but this is what they wanted, and this is what they got. You just pray to God somebody doesn't get killed. It's pretty obvious the Ryan Newman incident didn't put any fear into them. "Just make the car a little stronger, and bring on the 20 car wrecks!"

NBC for the horrible announcers and camera work. How was Steve Letarte ever a NASCAR crew chief?

Reactions: sdj
NBC for the horrible announcers and camera work. How was Steve Letarte ever a NASCAR crew chief?

I think even Steve will tell you he was not an elite level crew chief, BUT, he came THIS CLOSE to winning a title with Gordon, and he will go down as the second best (after Tony Eury Sr.) crew chief Dale Jr. had in his whole career. If you consider that he actually made Dale Jr. buckle down and act like a professional as far as the race car was concerned, he might go to the TOP of that list. At least he is honest about who he is and what he has and hasn't done, and doesn't act like God's gift to the profession.

Ross Chastain and Reddick both to an extent.

I am a big Chastain Fan, but, he really needs to take it down a notch in this type situation. I understand the points thing and winning, but, when a sponsor signs up for a car and the driver driving that car, the Dinger. They should know that the Dinger has as much responsibility to his sponsor as anyone to win the race. Second place points is a damn site better than what my man Chastain came out with.

My personal feeling: Dinger should have held his line and not inched down on Ross. JMHO

Back
Top Bottom