Bonehead of the Race - Richmond 2

Tumbleweed

Team Owner
Contributor
A tie between:

Whoever threw the caution when Kenseth locked his brakes near the end of stage 1

and

Whoever caused the ambulance to be at the pit road entrance when all of the cars were entering. NASCAR claims it was the ambo driver’s fault but I’m not convinced that NASCAR isn’t just covering their asses and that someone there told the ambo driver to roll.

In fact, it could even be the same guy in NASCAR. He screwed up the caution during stage one so they moved him to a different post where he proceeded to screw up the ambulance later in the race.

This is special case so I feel there can be two BHOTR, and the second goes to NASCAR for enforcing the 5 minute crash clock on the #20 team, but they did not issue any pit road penalty's to the drivers that had comment cone violations trying to miss the ambulance.

NASCAR can throw the ambulance driver under the bus all they want, but somebody STILL decided to open the pit BEFORE the ambulance cleared out of the way. AND, why the hell was there an ambulance on the track anyway, when the cars drove off under their own power? I would say if crew members can be suspended for four weeks, then NASCAR officials should ALSO be subject to four week suspensions without pay too. If Kenseth had missed the Chase over this, it would have been a mess as big as MWRgate, and there wouldn't be a team for NASCAR to blame it on.

NASCAR can throw the ambulance driver under the bus all they want, but somebody STILL decided to open the pit BEFORE the ambulance cleared out of the way. AND, why the hell was there an ambulance on the track anyway, when the cars drove off under their own power? I would say if crew members can be suspended for four weeks, then NASCAR officials should ALSO be subject to four week suspensions without pay too. If Kenseth had missed the Chase over this, it would have been a mess as big as MWRgate, and there wouldn't be a team for NASCAR to blame it on.

Well it costed me big time in the Yahoo Fantasy League. I am appealing to Brian to make the same post race points adjustments he made after Itchmond 1.0
And I want to know if an itch command was issued to ensure I had a bad finish.

Seriously, I agree the Ambulance driver shouldn't get all of the blame, unless they disregarded directions from race control.

Letarte for saying you you could see the debris flying around from the car that hit the wall and caused the last caution. What debris?

Ambulance driver & race control share blame equally
Dillion for taking out DP
Hambone

If not for a lucky win 20 years ago Cope would be mopping bathroom floors at Micky D's...

Seriously, I agree the Ambulance driver shouldn't get all of the blame, unless they disregarded directions from race control.
And that is what happened, it was reported I believe during the post race show that he did not listen/hear race control for whatever reason

IMG_6278.JPG

Whoever goofed with the ambulance driver sitting on the apron to the entrance to pit road. Either the ambulance driver moved after the pits were opened or Hoots didn't see the ambulance sitting there and opened them. That's one of the dumbest things I have seen in a while.

Whoever or whatever was behind that ambulance fiasco. Although stupid, could have been much worse. Latr Friday night at my track, the ambulance was sitting outside turn one and suddenly decided, on his own, to come back to the infield. Right as the late model field was coming down the front stretch with the green flag in the air. :eek::eek::eek:

The ambulance driver or whoever made the call to the ambulance driver to stop and take up three-quarters of the pit entrance gets the bonehead title hands and ten toes down.

Truex for his comments about the car that hit the wall. He sounded like a spoiled, entitled, rich kid. I like Martin and usually the guy seems like a stand-up guy. Those comments made me see red though. Not everyone has a well funded team that they race for on Sundays. Made me want to remind him that Richmond isn't a place where he needs to point fingers. Remember Martin your old team, MWR, did something very wrong at that track trying to get him in the Chase not too many years ago.

Scott Miller sounded arrogant, tired, and nonchalant about the ambulance fiasco -- as if he could worm NASCAR out of its Ultimate Responsibility and Accountability, by blaming the ambulance driver.

This is ALL on NASCAR. It was a Caution. NASCAR is responsible for Track Status: race cars, wrecked cars, debris, track cars, pace cars, emergency vehicles, fans climbing fences, holes in the racing surface, etc. Ambulance/Track Vehicles that do not properly respond to NASCAR Officials or remain on the track to complete their task is a common scenario. That is why NASCAR in the past will keep Pit Road closed and send the race cars around the track on another yellow lap or red flag the field if necessary.

NASCAR failed to properly control the Track when they opened up Pit Road before ensuring all non-race vehicles were properly positioned and controlled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Miller sounded arrogant, tired, and nonchalant about the ambulance fiasco -- as if he could worm NASCAR out of its Ultimate Responsibility and Accountability, by blaming the ambulance driver.

This is ALL on NASCAR. It was a Caution. NASCAR is responsible for Track Status: race cars, wrecked cars, debris, track cars, pace cars, emergency vehicles, fans climbing fences, holes in the racing surface, etc. Ambulance/Track Vehicles that do not properly respond to NASCAR Officials or remain on the track to complete their task is a common scenario. That is why NASCAR in the past will keep Pit Road closed and send the race cars around the track on another yellow lap or red flag the field if necessary.

NASCAR failed to properly control the Track when they opened up Pit Road before ensuring all non-race vehicles were properly positioned and controlled.

Pious Joe did it :lol2:

Truex for his comments about the car that hit the wall. He sounded like a spoiled, entitled, rich kid.

IMO He was frustrated when he voiced those comments. He was cruising to yet another win and more points. Nascar instituted the 5 minute clock to repair accident damage, Maybe it's time to black flag cars who are more laps down than laps remaining?

Back
Top Bottom