Bonehead of the week: Atlanta

Perhaps "staged" might be a more appropriate word . . .:rolleyes:

Whatever excitement stage racing was supposed to bring did not bring it. All it did was give the announcers at Fox something new to talk about every half second.

#3 team for keeping a dead car on the track causing a completely unnecessary caution, Harvick for speeding on pit road, Larson for going high when he'd been on the bottom for the whole race.

#3 team for keeping a dead car on the track causing a completely unnecessary caution, Harvick for speeding on pit road, Larson for going high when he'd been on the bottom for the whole race.
Welcome! That's a throw-back avatar!

1. Harvick for speeding in the pits when his car was far and away dominant. He could have come out as low as sixth and still won.
2. Dillon for staying out with a dead car and bringing out a needless yellow.
3. 24 crew for screwing up last stop when he was the car to beat after Harvicks blunder.
4. Larson for going high.

Kyle Busch, just because.

I am thinking goodyear had the best performance. This week, they just made Kyle Busch slow. A brilliant strategy cause he is less likely to do a Daytona cry, out of sight and out of a hot Mic.

Dillion slowing down rather than pitting is more on Nascar, imo. Teams and drivers first job is to get the most out of the equipment, and trying to cycle the power and refire was definitely the best option for the 3 car.

I dont care fot what happened or the choice, but Nascar sets the culture for what is allowed, and has the power to establish repercussions. For a track that size they could also create some escape routes for a stalled powerplant to coast or roll ino for a parking spot.
It isnt that difficult, there just has to be a desire and plan.

Dillion slowing down rather than pitting is more on Nascar, imo. Teams and drivers first job is to get the most out of the equipment, and trying to cycle the power and refire was definitely the best option for the 3 car.

I dont care fot what happened or the choice, but Nascar sets the culture for what is allowed, and has the power to establish repercussions. For a track that size they could also create some escape routes for a stalled powerplant to coast or roll ino for a parking spot.
It isnt that difficult, there just has to be a desire and plan.
In this case, there was an escape route: pit road. The team chose to not use it. I agree that the enforcement is on NASCAR, but the option was there.

In this case, there was an escape route: pit road. The team chose to not use it. I agree that the enforcement is on NASCAR, but the option was there.
Thanks I wasn't sure about that, I believe they physically exist. Not sure about working system being in place though, probably a prerace drivers meeting policy or directive sets those terms..
I also wonder if some of the escape routes are dedicated only for safety and first responders?

Back
Top Bottom