Bonehead of the week: Coke 600

Kyle has thrown his kid before. I remember him doing it after a Bristol race last year. Nothing wrong with it but imagine if the kid actually fell on TV. Eek.

Although he made up for it throughout the rest of the race with a strong 4th place finish, I'll give it to Brad Keselowski for missing his pit stall and having to skip tires altogether.

Non-racer bonehead goes to the moron that climbed the fence.

ya can't even say he has won on every current track, and what happens if he doesn't win on the Roval Oh wait? Dude you got played, the better thing? lets forget it ok?
Who's been played, and how, exactly, was it? Face it, until they actually run a race on the roval, the statement that he has won on every active NASCAR track holds true. Now I suppose if he doesn't win that race, you can go ahead and claim "nanny nanny boo-boo" if you want, but please explain how the statement as it stands today isn't true (minus, for obvious reasons, the roval.)

I am going with this guy...
NASCAR-fan-clinbs-the-fence-at-Charlotte-Motor-Speedway-770x522.jpg
Oh, gods, not another one. It wasn't the same ass from Richmond, was it?

Who's been played, and how, exactly, was it? Face it, until they actually run a race on the roval, the statement that he has won on every active NASCAR track holds true. Now I suppose if he doesn't win that race, you can go ahead and claim "nanny nanny boo-boo" if you want, but please explain how the statement as it stands today isn't true (minus, for obvious reasons, the roval.)

I'll please explain with the statement below from CBS sports, not yours, I don't know where your statement came from, the one I read is below.. And in context, the original post included other topics that social media were boneheaded about. but I mentioned the new Nascar jesus so here we are two pages later. :rolleyes::D all for a one timer. If you think that is in error or Kyle's 200 wins GOAT works for ya so be it. That and other topics were mentioned (Danica was left out R.I.P) in the original thread also about social media hyping things that are boneheaded

With the victory, Busch becomes the first driver in NASCAR history to win a points-paying race at every track.
https://www.cbssports.com/nascar/ne...le-busch-makes-history-with-win-at-charlotte/

I'll please explain with the statement below from CBS sports, not yours, I don't know where your statement came from, the one I read is below.. And in context, the original post included other topics that social media were boneheaded about. but I mentioned the new Nascar jesus so here we are two pages later. :rolleyes::D all for a one timer. If you think that is in error or Kyle's 200 wins GOAT works for ya so be it. That and other topics were mentioned (Danica was left out R.I.P) in the original thread also about social media hyping things that are boneheaded

With the victory, Busch becomes the first driver in NASCAR history to win a points-paying race at every track.
https://www.cbssports.com/nascar/ne...le-busch-makes-history-with-win-at-charlotte/
Man, you are so bent out of shape over this that it's tearing you up inside, regardless of how wrong you are. Sure, maybe the syntax of the sentence was to your like, but it is still a valid statement. I guess in your mind, since he hasn't won at, say North Wilkesboro, Rockingham, Riverside, etc, that completely negates his accomplishment.

And please note, I don't even like the guy, and think the 200 win thing is overblown and shouldn't be counted like it is, but this accomplishment is both valid and impressive. So tell me (again, leaving out the roval for obvious reasons), what track(s) has he not won on?
I mean, are you really losing sleep over this? Jeez........

Man, you are so bent out of shape over this that it's tearing you up inside, regardless of how wrong you are. Sure, maybe the syntax of the sentence was to your like, but it is still a valid statement. I guess in your mind, since he hasn't won at, say North Wilkesboro, Rockingham, Riverside, etc, that completely negates his accomplishment.

And please note, I don't even like the guy, and think the 200 win thing is overblown and shouldn't be counted like it is, but this accomplishment is both valid and impressive. So tell me (again, leaving out the roval for obvious reasons), what track(s) has he not won on?
I mean, are you really losing sleep over this? Jeez........
you have completely taken something out of context, lost the original intent..which was social media reporting ridiculous bonehead things like Kyle throwing up his kid in victory lane is child abuse and you, not I are busting a vein over it.

If the tires aren't any good, why did only a relatively small number of teams have problems with them?

ya can't even say he has won on every current track, and what happens if he doesn't win on the Roval Oh wait? Dude you got played, the better thing? lets forget it ok?
He will probably win at the Roval, too. Denial is a bitch.

My bonehead of the week has got to be the fan who decided that it would be a good idea to hack into teams' comms mid-race. :XXROFL:

I read about that. The first year at Homestead, I kept getting the food service on some race channels.
The food service came through... what on Earth was going on? :XXROFL:

Did they ever find out who or what was causing the interference (in both of these situations)?

He will probably win at the Roval, too. Denial is a bitch.
And ya missed the point also. In this day of too much information, throwing up his kid gets a child abuse claim, winning on every track, 200 hundred wins, the final four, the chase, stage wins and playoff points almost impossible for the average fan to follow, have all to an extent cheapened and reduced the most important statistic which is the season Cup championship. Doesn't matter if it is KDB or anybody else IMO. It is what it is

And ya missed the point also. In this day of too much information, throwing up his kid gets a child abuse claim, winning on every track, 200 hundred wins, the final four, the chase, stage wins and playoff points almost impossible for the average fan to follow, have all to an extent cheapened and reduced the most important statistic which is the season Cup championship. Doesn't matter if it is KDB or anybody else IMO. It is what it is
He has won a Cup championship, and he has been competing for more Cup championships, and he will win more Cup championships.
Now tell me what I have missed.

As far I'm concerned, the number of Cup championships a driver has still remains the most important statistic.
So I see we share that opinion.

the point.
Yeah, yeah, believe it or not, I do see what you're saying, but I think the main reason my posts are coming across to you as me "missing your point" is because I just do not see it the way you are seeing it.

What you are saying is that there are a lot of alternative formats, stats, facts, so-called "newsworthy" items that have taken away from the prestige of winning the Cup itself... maybe for a new fan, it would take away from the prestige of winning a Cup, but I've been following NASCAR for years through several different formats, and none of those formats, whether it be the chase or the stage points or whatever else has been thrown in there, have taken away the value of seeing a driver win the Cup. I've always valued the Cup more than anything else; nothing beats the level of achievement that comes with winning a Cup, and none of this modern BS is taking it away afaic. I don't care about anything else. I do not care about who has won at every track. I do not care about who has won least at a specific track. I don't care who has won the most stages. I don't care who was throwing their child up in the air, yada, yada. All that matters to me is seeing who finishes first out of the final four at Homestead. That is still the pinnacle of achievement through all of the crazy changes and wacky news stories that have come out of NASCAR in recent years.

He has won a Cup championship, and he has been competing for more Cup championships, and he will win more Cup championships.
Now tell me what I have missed.

What you missed is he never came close to a championship until he took 1/3 of the season off
got a get out of jail card from Brian and then he only had to finish ahead of 3 cars to win the championship. Until he wins again, he is no champion in my book.
The only person in cup racing that gets credit for wins in the beginner series.
That is also BS

What you missed is he never came close to a championship until he took 1/3 of the season off
got a get out of jail card from Brian and then he only had to finish ahead of 3 cars to win the championship. Until he wins again, he is no champion in my book.
The only person in cup racing that gets credit for wins in the beginner series.
That is also BS
I respect your view point, it is fair because he did not contest the whole season yet won the championship, which shouldn't be, as the rules, and common sense, should constitute. However, he did a lot more in less races than his competitors managed throughout the whole season, imo. With or without a Cup, that year of 2015 was a spectacular one to watch Kyle Busch grind through.
TP, he is not the only person in Cup who gets credit for his non-Cup victories. I have seen the same logic applied to pretty much all of the Cup drivers. You just hear it more in regards to him because he competes the most and wins the most in both lower-tier series out of all of the active Cup drivers. For example, Kevin Harvick's victory tally is apparently now over 100 and nearing David Pearson's tally, according to NBC. I've heard them say stuff like that several times. It's not just a Kyle Busch thing.

Missing 1/3 of the season due to serious injury was not an advantage.

The opposite is true.

well leave me out of all that, this is what I was talking about and it didn't take long, something for the media to make an article out of

Five to Watch: Who's next to win at every track?
https://galleries.nascar.com/gallery/2118/five-to-watch-whos-next-to-win-at-every-track?#/0
Is it really a bad thing to think about? Sure, it's still not as big as winning a Cup title, but if I was a driver and I had the opportunity to seek out wins at every track, you bet I would!

Missing 1/3 of the season due to serious injury was not an advantage.

The opposite is true.
Thank you.

I respect your view point, it is fair because he did not contest the whole season yet won the championship, which shouldn't be, as the rules, and common sense, should constitute. However, he did a lot more in less races than his competitors managed throughout the whole season, imo. With or without a Cup, that year of 2015 was a spectacular one to watch Kyle Busch grind through.
TP, he is not the only person in Cup who gets credit for his non-Cup victories. I have seen the same logic applied to pretty much all of the Cup drivers. You just hear it more in regards to him because he competes the most and wins the most in both lower-tier series out of all of the active Cup drivers. For example, Kevin Harvick's victory tally is apparently now over 100 and nearing David Pearson's tally, according to NBC. I've heard them say stuff like that several times. It's not just a Kyle Busch thing.
One point I would like to add, Kyle only had to race into the top 30 to qualify. Nascar only pays the top 25 teams so I would think he should have at least been made to be that high. The whole set up is so Brian can let in who he wants. Kyle and JGR just played the system.

well leave me out of all that, this is what I was talking about and it didn't take long, something for the media to make an article out of

Five to Watch: Who's next to win at every track?
https://galleries.nascar.com/gallery/2118/five-to-watch-whos-next-to-win-at-every-track?#/0
8 to go? Brad may have a chance but the clock is running out on Kurt and he isn't winning anything these days. Wouldn't be surprised if he retires this year and races another series.
Denny also is running out the clock, still a good racer BUT

Wouldn't be surprised if he retires this year and races another series.
Is there anyone in the last 20 years who retired from Cup to drive another series, full time for points or a championship? Schrader? Not Stewart.

EDIT: oh, wait; Bobby Labonte's European adventure this year. I long thought he might run Trucks to be the first to get a title in all three national touring series, but that never panned out.

Is there anyone in the last 20 years who retired from Cup to drive another series, full time for points or a championship? Schrader? Not Stewart.

EDIT: oh, wait; Bobby Labonte's European adventure this year. I long thought he might run Trucks to be the first to get a title in all three national touring series, but that never panned out.
Do you think Kurt will take a real cut in pay and stay at SHR? I have a gut feeling Tony still doesn't want him there but Gene is funding most of the car.

I don't have an opinion about Kurt leaving, one way or the other. I'm just running with the idea of someone retiring from Cup to run another series.

One point I would like to add, Kyle only had to race into the top 30 to qualify. Nascar only pays the top 25 teams so I would think he should have at least been made to be that high. The whole set up is so Brian can let in who he wants. Kyle and JGR just played the system.
What do you mean NASCAR only pays the Top 25?

Kyle is obviously joking with the last bit.

But I do think going forward the two will be kept separate for record-keeping purposes. Sure, they are held at the same venue. And while some may make the argument that tracks like Texas and Kentucky have reconfigured and maintained their records, they are still fundamentally similar (ovals). Charlotte will hosting two drastically different events, an oval race and a road course race, I just don't see how you can't keep those separate in stats.

When you discuss 1.5-mile track performance, you won't include the Roval results, will you? And likewise with 600 results when discussing road course prowess.

Kyle is obviously joking with the last bit.

But I do think going forward the two will be kept separate for record-keeping purposes. Sure, they are held at the same venue. And while some may make the argument that tracks like Texas and Kentucky have reconfigured and maintained their records, they are still fundamentally similar (ovals). Charlotte will hosting two drastically different events, an oval race and a road course race, I just don't see how you can't keep those separate in stats.

When you discuss 1.5-mile track performance, you won't include the Roval results, will you? And likewise with 600 results when discussing road course prowess.
If he had a sense of humor I would agree with ya.

Back
Top Bottom