Bonehead of the week: Darlington I

MRM

Team Owner
Hate to start of the restart of the season with a bonehead. But there were several worthy candidates. My pick is Ricky Stenhouse for wrecking on the first lap after a 10-week layoff, especially on a corner that's not suited for 3 or 4 wide racing like turn 2.

It's bad when the fans can call it before the race starts. The guy couldn't wait to hear the crash of twisted metal

1589766557892.png

It's bad when the fans can call it before the race starts. The guy couldn't wait to hear the crash of twisted metal

View attachment 46886
You know that I called it a couple of weeks ago in my # 288 post in the "two weeks before real race cars on track thread"... because you corrected me when I mistakenly said the 17 car. ;)

Jimmie is my driver but come on man. He knows better it was a very bad mistake I was just gutted that he did that.

Yeah I give it to Jimmie.

You know Ricky will likely wreck and make mistakes all the time. So harder to give him it for his typical ways over Johnson who you rarely see make mistakes. So yeah Jimmie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmie Johnson was running better than he has in a long time, then he surprised me with poor judgement.

I Have to go with the 48, he had a good car, unfortunately for Ricky This is not out of character

Just kinda glad Jimmie didn’t do it on the final lap - that would be a soul destroyer.

Hope he shakes it off and gets that elusive win soon.

Hate to start of the restart of the season with a bonehead. But there were several worthy candidates. My pick is Ricky Stenhouse for wrecking on the first lap after a 10-week layoff, especially on a corner that's not suited for 3 or 4 wide racing like turn 2.

Stenhouse or JJ are the easy picks but I got with Austin Dillon for once again being completely outperformed by his rookie teammate.

Wonder how long his grandpa will keep letting a good ride go to waste.

Stenhouse or JJ are the easy picks but I got with Austin Dillon for once again being completely outperformed by his rookie teammate.

Wonder how long his grandpa will keep letting a good ride go to waste.

>tfw 11th place is terrible

Also I'm gonna have to go with Jimmie. I expect more out of 7 Time than Dicky, who we all know to be less than perceptive.

Marco Andretti.
He rebounded though to finish 11th, not too bad.

If anyone should be embarrassed, it should be Michael McDowell getting smoked with ease. I'm not sure if McDowell even cracked the top 20 yesterday.

Yet his teammate was in the top 15 all race for the most part.

If anyone should be embarrassed, it should be Michael McDowell getting smoked with ease. I'm not sure if McDowell even cracked the top 20 yesterday.

For all we know, Front Row equipment might not be that bad. They've had some mediocre drivers like McDowell, Ragan, Tifft in their cars. Buescher had some good runs in that equipment and so has JHN

For all we know, Front Row equipment might not be that bad. They've had some mediocre drivers like McDowell, Ragan, Tifft in their cars. Buescher had some good runs in that equipment and so has JHN
They have qualified well at times, but it never translated to race pace.

Tifft was coming around by the time his health declined sadly, Indy last year was no fluke. He had great pace all race and was on track for a top 10 that race.

That is where McDowell usually finishes, I don't see anything there to be embarrassed about. KDB finishing a lap down in 26 after slapping the wall while his three teamates are in the top 8 is embarrassing

I think I'm going to give it to the spotters. NASCAR moved them off the roof so they could spread out in the top row of the grandstand, yet there they all were bunched up in that one spot together. Can't wait to hear DBC this afternoon or tomorrow.

I suspect the spotters found they need to be able to communicate among each other. So had to get closer. I'd expect a stern talking to from NASCAR...but not much else. I bet the EMS service workers are all sitting in their vehicles side-by-side all day. There are some things you can't change. Acceptable risk.

*** I'll add...I ain't been anywhere but grocery store since early March. My risk taking is ZERO. Had some lung issues over the years, 45 years of auto repair dust & chemicals, and believe this virus would end me. It's killed perfectly healthy 35 years old people.

I think I'm going to give it to the spotters. NASCAR moved them off the roof so they could spread out in the top row of the grandstand, yet there they all were bunched up in that one spot together. Can't wait to hear DBC this afternoon or tomorrow.
Why they looked like they were at a WalMart/HomeDepot or something. Blasphemy

Jimmie Johnson was running better than he has in a long time, then he surprised me with poor judgement.
Jimmie has lead a few races this year.

Bonehead is 100% jimmie though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Why they looked like they were at a WalMart/HomeDepot or something. Blasphemy
I know I'm taking the bait. I'm not a doctor, so I don't feel that the health concern is my area of expertise. However I am in charge of a small crew in the construction industry and from that I am aware that there are certain criteria that need to be met in order to remain open. We have a 50+ page safety plan and 9 addendum's. While you or I may have opinions as to the effectiveness or the necessity of these criteria, it is important to adhere to them in order to continue to operate.

I know I'm taking the bait. I'm not a doctor, so I don't feel that the health concern is my area of expertise. However I am in charge of a small crew in the construction industry and from that I am aware that there are certain criteria that need to be met in order to remain open. We have a 50+ page safety plan and 9 addendum's. While you or I may have opinions as to the effectiveness or the necessity of these criteria, it is important to adhere to them in order to continue to operate.
Between the politicians and the press I wonder myself what they will come up with on a week to week basis.

FOX...For making it the KDB 400. I didn't need to know what position he was in every two minutes.
I like Kyle but I agree with that. It was like the old Dale Jr performance checks every 3 laps

Back
Top Bottom