Bonehead of the week: Michigan

MRM

Team Owner
I have two candidates. The first is the spotter for Riley Herbst clearing him in the Xfinity race when he wasn't clear. The second is NASCAR for allowing the TV partners to select these later start times when there are higher chances of rain in the summer. And for their questionable call for a caution when Truex hit the wall late in the race. I've seen worse hits that didn't draw a caution.

My bonehead definitely goes to myself. I watched a race that was marred by a bogus caution and a gimmicky overtime finish. I’m pretty easy going but any time I see bogus cautions and overtime’s I go 😡😤🤬

Chase Elliot for trying to RR Harrison coming to the line. He should be suspended on principle… again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xfinity... Probably Herbst and his spotter.

Cup... A tie between Lajoie causing himself to go over or Larson ruining a lot of good cars today.

I have two candidates. The first is the spotter for Riley Herbst clearing him in the Xfinity race when he wasn't clear. The second is NASCAR for allowing the TV partners to select these later start times when there are higher chances of rain in the summer. And for their questionable call for a caution when Truex hit the wall late in the race. I've seen worse hits that didn't draw a caution.
Austin Dillon for still having a cup ride

and people wonder why he lost his ride,well not allot of people.drove straight into the 10.
Literally had the entire track under him and he still hit him. If you haven’t mastered the art of the side draft, maybe don’t attempt it at one of the fastest tracks we race on. I’m glad the wreck wasn’t worse, but ya gotta use your head.

IDK, Truex's crew chief is libel to come out and say Truex pulled 4 g's when he hit the wall.

Larson for skipping the 600 and then crashing out at Michigan. Could use those 30 points right about now....and especially next week. Oh hey, elephant in the room.

Larson for skipping the 600 and then crashing out at Michigan. Could use those 30 points right about now....and especially next week. Oh hey, elephant in the room.
Does he win any money if he has those 30 points?

Larson spotted the rice burners and the rest of the field a race making more history doing so. Meanwhile the Yotas are tied in the Cup championship with the Hudsons at 3 lol.

Only answer.

Larson for giving us the first fake regular season champ of the playoff era in Elliott or Reddick.
Pissed away stage points these last two races needlessly.

Based on average points, He'd still be leading the points even after wrecking himself at a Iowa with a car a half second faster than the field, and after scoring no stage points at Richmond, and wrecking himself at Michigan.

Without missing the 600, this should a been a blowout. Even so, gave up about 30 stage points the last two weeks. ..didn't even need to miss the 600 to wrap it up, and the last 4 stages killed him.

Hell, he was a total of four laps away from a p3 and p1 stage 1&2, instead, got zero.

Hoping Elliott and Reddick have some misfortune these two weeks give back the points that they were gifted

Rev is just upset that Larson is giving "HIS" guys a run for the regular season champion and didn't even show up for a race.
BS.

Larson has a 20 point lead after missing a race. The 5 has been unraveling since the 600 when it comes to stage points.

Larson had a 100 point stage points gap. He hasn't had a double digit stage point race in well over a month

Chasey is a closet a**hole.

You know, for as horrible of a racer Elliott fans claim Larson to be, Elliott seems to have far more of a reputation of pissing off drivers, and pulling egregious and tempermental stuff than anyone else..In fact, Elliott's fanbase, his name, and reputation are what keeps him from being a bonafided villain in NASCAR. Which is a shame imo, and he doesn't even try to do anything either way. He just shows up to work. Races. And goes home.

I've said it before but I think it's great that HMS has a legitimate tempermental ass (behind the wheel) on their team who is also a legitimate champion and weekly threat, so you can't even dismiss him, and have to take his tantrums seriously. It's totally off brand for HMS and it's why I enjoy Chase Elliott, and I wish he would lean more into his pissed off PR side. The **** with Harvick at Bristol and Charlotte was peak Chase Elliott and was so awesome and id probably be a fan if that's what we got weekly.

A perfectly media trained vanilla dude with rage and passive aggression seeping through the cracks.

If people aren't entertained by a pissed off petty, passive aggressive media trained Chase Elliott, then idk what to say. But it sucks that people pretend that isn't who he is. He can't control his emotions and I look just as forward to that seeping through his PR image as I did to an explosive KB interview. We need more of that Elliott.

Tyler Reddick hasn’t finished worse than 6th in the last 8 races.

But Larson, Larson, Larson is all anyone talks about.

I’m not a Reddick fan but the 45 is your regular season champ IMO. Way too many mistakes, wrecks, poor finishes out of the 5 team over the summer.

Your point?
That's what he and his team are racing for. Is there a financial incentive to winning the "regular season championship"? If not, it isn't a prize worth caring about from their perspective.

That's what he and his team are racing for. Is there a financial incentive to winning the "regular season championship"? If not, it isn't a prize worth caring about from their perspective.
There are 15 points...the equivalent of 3 wins....for winning the Regular Season Championship. Do you think that those points might come in handy in winning the whole thing....which I am sure has some financial incentive?

Tyler Reddick hasn’t finished worse than 6th in the last 8 races.

But Larson, Larson, Larson is all anyone talks about.

I’m not a Reddick fan but the 45 is your regular season champ IMO. Way too many mistakes, wrecks, poor finishes out of the 5 team over the summer.
Reddick has been good, but Monday was excellent. He raced Byron straight up, and kicked his ass from either lane. Now Byron is not The Felon's prize pony, but that is a step toward elite IMO. Larsony is so good that had he shown up for his day job, he would still be the guy for the Regular Season Championship, and enter the Playoffs in a dominant position. He's pretty good.....and might still do it if Tyler loses his ****, but the position he is in is unnecessary. Love how drivers talk about winning for their team.....Larsony left his team holding the bag at the 600, and it is costing him at the moment.....but we don't like to talk about that.....because Larsony.

You know, for as horrible of a racer Elliott fans claim Larson to be, Elliott seems to have far more of a reputation of pissing off drivers, and pulling egregious and tempermental stuff than anyone else..In fact, Elliott's fanbase, his name, and reputation are what keeps him from being a bonafided villain in NASCAR. Which is a shame imo, and he doesn't even try to do anything either way. He just shows up to work. Races. And goes home.

I've said it before but I think it's great that HMS has a legitimate tempermental ass (behind the wheel) on their team who is also a legitimate champion and weekly threat, so you can't even dismiss him, and have to take his tantrums seriously. It's totally off brand for HMS and it's why I enjoy Chase Elliott, and I wish he would lean more into his pissed off PR side. The **** with Harvick at Bristol and Charlotte was peak Chase Elliott and was so awesome and id probably be a fan if that's what we got weekly.

A perfectly media trained vanilla dude with rage and passive aggression seeping through the cracks.

If people aren't entertained by a pissed off petty, passive aggressive media trained Chase Elliott, then idk what to say. But it sucks that people pretend that isn't who he is. He can't control his emotions and I look just as forward to that seeping through his PR image as I did to an explosive KB interview. We need more of that Elliott.
Yep, and when I call him a closet a**hole, let's remember that I rooted for KFB back in the day. In my world, a driver who is an a**hole is not a bad thing. Great post as usual.

Larson in the mean time won 5 of the biggest sprint car races in a row racing the best in the country lol. Sold out Joe is too chicken and such a scared loser to let any of his boys get too far from the house. Joe isn't a racer.

Larson spotted the rice burners and the rest of the field a race making more history doing so. Meanwhile the Yotas are tied in the Cup championship with the Hudsons at 3 lol.
....and you would be here ranting if MY Toyotas threw money at the deal, and strung together 10 championships.

There are 15 points...the equivalent of 3 wins....for winning the Regular Season Championship. Do you think that those points might come in handy in winning the whole thing....which I am sure has some financial incentive?
Could they come in handy? Sure. Will they? We both know that you're likely to get into the final 4 by winning races down the stretch and that practically everyone is going to lean back and let the final 4 race amongst themselves at Phoenix for the title. I would have to think hard about this if it wasn't consistently how things played out. In fact, here's a better question: do what degree have these points been important in determining a champion ever in this era of NASCAR? Seriously.

Could they come in handy? Sure. Will they? We both know that you're likely to get into the final 4 by winning races down the stretch and that practically everyone is going to lean back and let the final 4 race amongst themselves at Phoenix for the title. I would have to think hard about this if it wasn't consistently how things played out. In fact, here's a better question: do what degree have these points been important in determining a champion ever in this era of NASCAR? Seriously.
It is one of the many band aids they added to the playoffs when Johnson was eliminated because they had a wheel bearing fail and they lost one of their stars too soon. So now in case teams have a boo boo on their path to the last lottery, this artificially keeps them in the running.

One of the other band aids, points for winning the "regular" season came about when fans complained that the regular season was worthless now. It was and it still pretty much is, but they have added some Boo Boo points and a made up trophy.

I think most fans watch Nascar because they love racing and the playoffs and all of the hoopla is secondary.

It is one of the many band aids they added to the playoffs when Johnson was eliminated because they had a wheel bearing fail and they lost one of their stars too soon. So now in case teams have a boo boo on their path to the last lottery, this artificially keeps them in the running.

One of the other band aids, points for winning the "regular" season came about when fans complained that the regular season was worthless now. It was and it still pretty much is, but they have added some Boo Boo points and a made up trophy.

I think most fans watch Nascar because they love racing and the playoffs and all of the hoopla is secondary.
I don't feel like litigating the playoffs because people's minds are made up. My perception is that most of these stage points and such don't even matter in the grand scheme of who winds up winning the title. I'd love to hear how I'm wrong, but I sincerely doubt they have played a more vital role in who makes the Final 4 at Homestead or Phoenix than just regular finishing position, much less the title itself. Chase Elliott in 2020 and Kyle Larson in 2021 quickly come to mind as drivers who basically won their way in and then won the title and none of the stage points meant anything.

Back
Top Bottom