Bonehead of the Week: New Hampshire

D

Digger

Early nominees...

Brian Vickers for wrecking Scott Speed AFTER THE RACE.

Brian Vickers for: "I've never had a teammate run into me and wreck me before" must have forgotten when he wrecked his teammate for the win at Talladega.

Brian Vickers for: "I've never had a teammate run into me and wreck me before" must have forgotten when he wrecked his teammate for the win at Talladega.
Uh Andy, read your own sentence and try to understand that your statement doesn't make a lick of sense. I'd tell you, but that would wreck the fun. :rolleyes:

Uh Andy, read your own sentence and try to understand that your statement doesn't make a lick of sense. I'd tell you, but that would wreck the fun. :rolleyes:
The point is the irony that He's done what he said has never happened to him.

Jeez Mag, I know what his point was, I was pointing out that his sentence didn't make any sense. Read it again and maybe you will see the difference.

Jeez Mag, I know what his point was, I was pointing out that his sentence didn't make any sense. Read it again and maybe you will see the difference.
makes perfect sense to me? I don't see any missing words or punctuation.

But i am from texas, so what do I know about the english language...

it comes from andy thus it makes perfect sense. where the he** have you been? <g>

I didn't see the Nationwide race. But I have to go with Kyle Busch for starting the big wreck in the Cup race.

While we're at it, I'd like to nominate Kyle Busch for causing the economic depression and the swine flu pandemic! :mad:

:sarcasm:

:rolleyes:

Once more, Kyle gets the blame for something that wasn't solely his fault.:rolleyes:

If Junyer had a clean restart, there would've been no accordion effect and there would've been no big one.

As much as i dont like Kyle i dont like Jr :D. But theres bound to be at least one start a race someone doesnt get a good jump, but Kyle shouldnt of forced his way in the middle where he had about one foot of space to race which ended up taking out a bunch of good cars, yet Kyle raced off with no damage.

I'm not a big Junior fan either, so I could easily blame him but, how many guys spin their wheels and the cars behind him don't end up in a big pile-up? Kyle could have checked up and he just plain didn't want to and he's classic for causing things and driving away unscathed.

Kyle could have let off a bit but Jr. is the idiot who caused everything. Jr just plain sucks at racing these days. He must have moved into a nuclear power plant because he has gotten just flat out retarded in the last couple of years.

I was suprised he didn't cause anything earlier when his stupid ass was trying to hang with Gordon, Johnson and Kurt.

Kyle could have let off a bit but Jr. is the idiot who caused everything. Jr just plain sucks at racing these days. He must have moved into a nuclear power plant because he has gotten just flat out retarded in the last couple of years.

I was suprised he didn't cause anything earlier when his stupid ass was trying to hang with Gordon, Johnson and Kurt.

watch it again and look at the 2 car that was in front of Jr. and Kurt even graded himself on his restarts today and gave HIMSELF an F.

What the hell is up with that creepy avatar? Still Jrs fault. Hell, he even said so. It looked like Kyle was trying to get the hell out of there so he wouldn't get rear ended with all that mess going on and clipped Truex on the way out.

Everyone blames Kyle for having his foot mashed on the restart? :confused: Isn't that what you're supposed to do? If Truex, Vickers, Mears and whomever else was involved spent more time with their right feet mashed, they'd be higher up in the points than they are.

:rolleyes:

Once more, Kyle gets the blame for something that wasn't solely his fault.:rolleyes:

If Junyer had a clean restart, there would've been no accordion effect and there would've been no big one.

While it wasn't solely Kyle's fault, you've jumped so far into the Kyle Busch bandwagon that you can't even admit anymore when he shares the blame (which he does, and I like Kyle). Face it, if he'd not try to squeeze into a hole that wasnt big enough to get his car in, a lot less cars woulda been damaged.

Kyle Busch for somehow managing to cause "The Big One" at NH. :D

But seriously, Jr did start the problem by spinning the tires. Thus the accordion effect. But even so, that happens all the time. Pretty much on every restart someone is going to spin their tires. You have to be expecting it, and know what to do.

Kyle gets the award this week, not for causing the wreak, but for trying to pass Truex in the middle on a restart early in the race. Kyle is normally very good on restarts, but for whatever the reason he just messed up, and took out several cars.

I'm not a big Junior fan either, so I could easily blame him but, how many guys spin their wheels and the cars behind him don't end up in a big pile-up? Kyle could have checked up and he just plain didn't want to and he's classic for causing things and driving away unscathed.

Did Kyle swing down to the inside and back up into the car that filled the spot I had just vacated? No, he was taking advantage of a bad move by another driver. Martin made the big move thinking he'd get around Jr. then made a quick BAD second decision.

If it's so easy to anticipate and just let off to avoid this, why didn't Martin just anticipate and let off and wait for Jr to get going? Why didn't everyone behind just let off and be patient and this could have all been avoided?

Martin was NOT hit in the rear from Kyle running into him, he was hit on the right rear corner as he tried to force his way back in front of another vehicle.
Your statement should have read ......
Martin Truex could have checked up and he just plain didn't want to

Junior may have spun the tires to stack up the inside line, but he didn't cause Busch to stick his nose between two lines of cars and doing it before crossing the S/F line, there's no passing on restarts before the S/F line.

Junior may have spun the tires to stack up the inside line, but he didn't cause Busch to stick his nose between two lines of cars and doing it before crossing the S/F line, there's no passing on restarts before the S/F line.

Incorrect. There's no passing on the inside before the line on restarts. Passing on the outside is legal.

Incorrect. There's no passing on the inside before the line on restarts. Passing on the outside is legal.

No, this is wrong.

The rule has been changed since NASCAR starting doing the double-file restarts. There is now no passing allowed before crossing the S/F line.

There is no passing before the start/finish line period. None,zip,nada.
"Likewise, cars are to stay in line until they reach the start/finish line."

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=double+fil...w.cup.pocono.double.file.reactions/index.html

Now you could make the case the #1 didn't stay in line but he was avoiding running into the rear of the car ahead. I don't believe there should be a penalty for trying to avoid a accident. If bonehead had maintained his position there wouldn't have been a problem.

Now, it's starting to sound like the yellow line judgment call. Was he forced? It seems more straight forward just to leave it at no passing before the start/finish line.

So what you're saying is no one is supposed to move or position themselves for position before they cross the start finish line?

You're wrong, Martin moved down and opened a hole plenty big enough for a car to be there. Had he stayed where he went there would have been no accident but it was just Martin being Martin and driving very erratically all over the track and moving into a car that had its nose in a space he had vacated.
You can call it what you want, but Kyle did NOT move down to hit Martin, it was Martin zigging all over the place. Kyle was positioning to complete a pass once crossing the start line, that IS legal.

The rule says "cars are to stay in line until they reach the start/finish line."

The space Martin vacated, to avoid a accident, was technically still his until the s/f line, bonehead had no business trying to position himself to complete a pass after the s/f line before the start finish line.

I don't know why the fuss by bonehead fans, if Truex hadn't moved bonehead surely would hit him square in the rear and his chances of a decent finish gone. As it was he ended up 7th.

I think you guys are all correct in a small way. It was kinda the perfect storm. Several guys made a judgment call in less than a nano second and cumulatively it resulted in an eight car wreck.

That is just racing!

I think we can all agree that Truex should have launched his helmet at Kyle.

But apparently NASCAR doesn't like it when drivers show emotion. :mad:

Ask yourself this question if your were on the freeway going 55 and the guy in front of you all the sudden slows down to 20. What would you do? Some people would just hit the brakes, some would veer to the left or right to avoid them, others would rear end them. Remember you only have seconds to respond. I don't know about you but that's what I saw in the replay. I don't know what's become of our society that everyone has to always find blame on someone for things they don't like. btw he didn't throw the helmet because quote "I really like this helmet", not because of some nascar rule.

The rule says "cars are to stay in line until they reach the start/finish line."

The space Martin vacated, to avoid a accident, was technically still his until the s/f line, bonehead had no business trying to position himself to complete a pass after the s/f line before the start finish line.

I don't know why the fuss by bonehead fans, if Truex hadn't moved bonehead surely would hit him square in the rear and his chances of a decent finish gone. As it was he ended up 7th.

Then they better be black flagging most of the field, just watch every restart before that and tell me no one moves before the start finish line.
I disagree with your interprutation of the rule and it's pretty clear that is NOT how the interprutation of the rule was intended or there would have been many penalties dished out on the many restarts prior to that incident.
Bottom line is I could give a crap what your interprutation of the rule is, as all that matters is how NASCAR sees it.

Disagree. Helmets are not cheep I'm sure that was over 2500$ he was holding. Helmet and neck brace. No need in wasting money. Plus what's it prove? Also Im pretty sure the car would win.

My what a difference just a few weeks makes. :rolleyes:

Didn't everyone blame Kyle at Dover when Logano drove in to him on the restart?

Disagree. Helmets are not cheep I'm sure that was over 2500$ he was holding. Helmet and neck brace. No need in wasting money. Plus what's it prove? Also Im pretty sure the car would win.

It doesn't prove anything. It just makes for good TV, and NASCAR could use the ratings. The drivers have been to robotic lately, and could use some emotions on display.

Besides, if he timed it right he could have thrown it through the right-side window and hit Kyle with it. He'd have to make a pit stop just to get the helmet out.

What does it matter. It was a racing incident. No use with all the bickering.

It doesn't prove anything. It just makes for good TV, and NASCAR could use the ratings. The drivers have been to robotic lately, and could use some emotions on display.

Besides, if he timed it right he could have thrown it through the right-side window and hit Kyle with it. He'd have to make a pit stop just to get the helmet out.

And yet we hate the one guy thats does show some emotion,nascar drivers need to be this and that and everything Kyle is, but boy do I hate Kyle:rolleyes: Plus its was all Jr's fault and Marty would of thrown his helmet at the wrong guy.

Back
Top Bottom