Bonehead of the week: Sonoma & Road America

Found a little something about Harvick and the pit crew ---- throws a different light on it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lint-bowyer-kyle-busch-carl-edwards/11265059/
Harvick's pit crew has gotten plenty of blame in recent weeks, but the pit stop in question Sunday was perfect. The only issue? Someone on the pit crew decided to hold Harvick until the fuel tank was full, even though that wasn't what crew chief Rodney Childers had in mind.

Guess we can't blame the ENTIRE pit crew.

so if he doesn't have a top five crew he can't finish in the top five? that is the point I was making. some times the driver has to do it all and he just can't seem to do that.
Everything I posted above indicates otherwise. And consider that drivers like Earnhardt Jr., Gordon, Hamlin, and Kenseth have had top-five pit crew performances much more often than he has this season and only one of them has won as much as he has.

Kurt Busch carried all of Furniture Row Racing on his back last year and look at how many wins that got him. You're fooling yourself if you don't think pit crew performance is vital to Cup success especially when so many races have late pit stops under caution.

Everything I posted above indicates otherwise. And consider that drivers like Earnhardt Jr., Gordon, Hamlin, and Kenseth have had top-five pit crew performances much more often than he has this season and only one of them has won as much as he has.

Kurt Busch carried all of Furniture Row Racing on his back last year and look at how many wins that got him. You're fooling yourself if you don't think pit crew performance is vital to Cup success especially when so many races have late pit stops under caution.

on up side....#4 team has until chicago ta get pit crew deal worked out.
rather have that problem than no speed......like toyo / most fords.

you can say what ever you want. he had is chances and didn't get done. his pit crew got him to second in the championship so it is their fault he never won a CHAMPIONSHIP not his?

you can say what ever you want. he had is chances and didn't get done. his pit crew got him to second in the championship so it is their fault he never won a CHAMPIONSHIP not his?
He finished 2nd in the championship this year? It looks like we're talking about two different pit crews here. And it's quite obvious there was and remains a massive difference in equipment between RCR and HMS/SHR so if anything his performances in the #29 should be praised rather than ridiculed.

He finished 2nd in the championship this year? It looks like we're talking about two different pit crews here. And it's quite obvious there was and remains a massive difference in equipment between RCR and HMS/SHR so if anything his performances in the #29 should be praised rather than ridiculed.
what are you talking about? he finished second more then once at RCR, lets see where ends up this year with that hms equipment.

what are you talking about? he finished second more then once at RCR, lets see where ends up this year with that hms equipment.
He never finished 2nd in the championship at RCR. I'm not even sure how that's relevant - it's not like his RCR pit crew is now his SHR pit crew.

He never finished 2nd in the championship at RCR. I'm not even sure how that's relevant - it's not like his RCR pit crew is now his SHR pit crew.
my bad third three times. he couldn't even finish second when leading the points.

my bad third three times. he couldn't even finish second when leading the points.
Which was matched or bettered only twice by other RCR drivers in the last eighteen years - Earnhardt once (2nd in 2000) and Bowyer once (3rd in 2007).

Stewie has got to get the horses ass award this week, Juner would be runner up for being a pinball wizard.

Back
Top Bottom