Bonehead of the week: Texas

MRM

Team Owner
The biggest bonehead I saw all weekend was Tyler Reddick speeding on pit road, then doing it again and again.

I didn't see the xfinity race but on the cup side I have to go with Hambone for speeding and having crew issues. I love it, but damn for a professional he sucks at pitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm calling for the dude on Harvick's crew that actually fell over the wall trying to get the tire.

Sergio Garcia repeatedly chipping the ball to the same spot on the green and expecting different results; i.e., not rolling off into the water.

Eddie Gossage for wasting his money dragging tires around the track for a week that didn't do anything.

Change the definition of the penalty to reduce the potential for judgement. Extend the existing 'equipment outside the pit box' to include tires. We don't care what you do in your own box but if anything leaves and nobody's in contact with it, tail end of the longest line and thanks for playing our game. That removes the judgement call of whether the tire was 'under control'.

Harvick for blaming the pit guns for not being able to chase down the 18. Sure, deflect the blame everywhere else except at himself for not getting it done. I hope NASCAR files him. That way he can play the blues flying home on his personal jet again.:D

Change the definition of the penalty to reduce the potential for judgement. Extend the existing 'equipment outside the pit box' to include tires. We don't care what you do in your own box but if anything leaves and nobody's in contact with it, tail end of the longest line and thanks for playing our game. That removes the judgement call of whether the tire was 'under control'.

I agree with this 100%, which means it's probably too rational for NASCAR to adopt. Always remember my five steps to NASCAR rule making:

1) Completely ignore the issue that everybody is talking about.

2) Tell everybody you're looking into it, but don't actually DO anything.

3) Finally DO something, and overreact by factor of about four.

4) Tell everybody that they were only giving us what we asked for.

5) Finally modify the rules when they simply can no longer defend the absurdity of all.

H̶a̶r̶v̶i̶c̶k̶'̶s̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶w̶.̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶o̶b̶b̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶

Actually, I change my vote. The call NASCAR made regarding the tire getting away was blatantly wrong.

Surprised only 1 person said Alan about bringing Chase in early. I really don't understand what they were thinking or what they're strategy was, or if they just had a brain fart.

Surprised only 1 person said Alan about bringing Chase in early. I really don't understand what they were thinking or what they're strategy was, or if they just had a brain fart.
Alan said on the radio that he thought they were lead lap because he didn't realize that the 17 stayed out. Like he doesn't have a bank of scoring monitors and data RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. Even Eddie D'hondt didn't realize it. In turn 2 and backstretch, Alan even told Chase to stay out if the first few in front stayed out. Next thing you know, he's saying "come in come in" and Chase did. That was quite an interesting bit as normally listening to that scanner is like hearing paint dry. Alan got a little colorful at himself. I didn't know how to take hearing anything other than "copy" or "use your tools" when Chase told him what the car was doing.

In the media center after the race, Kyle Busch admitted causing the big wreck at lap 178 when his manipulation (with Erik Jones) of the restart went awry. At least seven cars were wrecked, some terminally. Kyle Busch summarized the carnage by saying, "My car wasn't damaged, so no harm, no foul."

For this narcissist comment, I nominate Driver 18 for the Bonehead Award.

Given that the L1 penalty is now official, it's Alan Gustafson hands down. Absolute embarrassment. If you're going to get nailed for 3, yes 3 L1 penalties in less than a year, then you should at least have some trophies. (Yes, Chase choked a couple. I know.) Or at least pick a new area in which to cheat the car up! "Hmm, you know the s__tstorm that the 4 car caused and got penalized for just a couple races ago? Yeah, that seems to work great for them. Let's try that mod."

NASCAR for this week.

Back
Top Bottom