Bonehead of the Week: Texas

I mean, race control is pretty ******….. maybe they did miss it!!! :sarcasm:

I agree. With all the other stuff that Race Control seems to miss, it wouldn't shock me one bit. On the other hand, maybe they DID see it, and thought like many people, that Dennis had it coming. AND, like it or not, NASCAR Cup does not or ever have in my lifetime gave people their spots back or sent people to the back of the line for spinning someone. Maybe it SHOULD be that way, but it's NOT, and it wasn't going to start last night.

Well how about starting 3 wide and Martinsville during the late model race and causing Katie Hettinger to get used up and miss the race by 1 spot?
I said in the Martinsville post that something should've been done about that. At the least, they should've added a spot to the grid and put her in. She got screwed multiple times.

I bet Katie Hettinger, Matt Piercy, Lee Pulliam, and Brandon Pierce are all Andrew Grady fans though.

Race control has been a pretty huge mess since David Hoots left. And it started almost right away. It wasn't perfect with him either as those were also the phantom caution days, but that was better than this imo.

Race Control this past week

images.jpg

Whoever's at fault for the tire issues gets my vote. Regardless of whether it's goodyear's fault of the teams fault. If the teams were hoping to gain an advantage, it doesn't seem the safety risk is worth the reward.

I dont know where to start. The GoodYear tires, William Byron wrecking Denny under caution, Race Control for "missing it". All can get votes in my estimation. However I was watching the video of what Ty Gibbs did with the door slam and what a punk. He could have hurt crew members, officials and whatever else was going on in pit road. The Preacher's Grandson always has something going on.... I thought he said he had to start maturing before he ended up at Cup? I dont believe him, but I do believe that entitled attitude will be a hinderance once he does indeed join Cup full time.

However I was watching the video of what Ty Gibbs did with the door slam and what a punk. He could have hurt crew members, officials and whatever else was going on in pit road. The Preacher's Grandson always has something going on.... I thought he said he had to start maturing before he ended up at Cup? I dont believe him, but I do believe that entitled attitude will be a hinderance once he does indeed join Cup full time.

Yep. This is, what, the 15th example we have of Ty being a douche? The kid just can't help himself. And we're still just a few months removed from his cowardly act of punching another driver in the face while being too afraid to remove his own helmet. Ty can say whatever he wants, but he's not going to grow up overnight.

Yep. This is, what, the 15th example we have of Ty being a douche? The kid just can't help himself. And we're still just a few months removed from his cowardly act of punching another driver in the face while being too afraid to remove his own helmet. Ty can say whatever he wants, but he's not going to grow up overnight.
There have been several occasions where Ty Gibbs has been forced to apologize for stuff like that, and I've noticed he never issues a genuine, heart-felt apology... only a half-assed token apology. He starts off okay, it sounds like it might be a genuine apology, but then he goes on to list all the reasons he was mad at the other guy, and how it was "just unfortunate," and winds up saying, "That's all a part of it."

Ty Gibbs apologizes about like my ex-wife... not ever genuine.

I was just fooling around. Im sure the 18 is Ty's to have

Probably. Wouldn’t really be a bad idea to put Reddick in the car for a year to keep the cars fast, but I imagine JGR doesn’t feel obligated to just do a one year deal for 23XI.

Probably wait until we hear Kurt Busch news.

Probably. Wouldn’t really be a bad idea to put Reddick in the car for a year to keep the cars fast, but I imagine JGR doesn’t feel obligated to just do a one year deal for 23XI.

Probably wait until we hear Kurt Busch news.
I could see it if they wanna run Ty 1 more year in X

Back
Top Bottom