Bonehead of the Week

Rick Hendrick for buying the parts for the 24 from U-pullit used race car parts.

Another mention to NASCAR for continuing to select the most boring tracks to run in the Chase. Nothing turns a fan on quite like 400 miles of Chicago.

I say whoever is responsible for leaving the jack under the 93 Cup car after it's pit stop. Or whoever made the call to send the car on it's way with it still jacked up or not pulled out.
Amazing how that thing stayed under the car for a full lap.

Who ever put Gordon's throttle linkage together from the pedal to the EFI unit (as I understand it the EFI itself wasn't the problem). Maybe a parts issue, but none of the other Hendricks cars had this problem. In fact I don't recall anyone having a similar problem all year, I just have to wonder about how everything was mounted.

2. Letting Hamlins run out of gas, now he has to see Dr Leo Marvin quickly and intensely.

3. Whoever is telling Danica she needs to be in Cup next year

4. The cookie cutter

5. Hiding Nicole Briscoe behind the big desk.

these 1st 2 races of the chase are terrible, a CC track race is boring as hell.......thank god for NFL...

I was listening to his radio and Grubb said "we didn't get it full." Did anyone mention if they calculated wrong or if something went wrong with the pitstop? The result was the same so I guess it doesn't matter. Definitely not the way you want to start off the chase.

Either way, it gets the bonehead award from me,

Kenseth's crew for not knowing how to tighten a nut.
What exactly does it take for a shock to come off? Anyone know ? Is there a locking nut top and bottom?Or is there some sort of quick release to make it faster to change them ?

What exactly does it take for a shock to come off? Anyone know ? Is there a locking nut top and bottom?Or is there some sort of quick release to make it faster to change them ?

Sombody was scared of Jack. I would be terrified of being fired if I worked for that guy.

What exactly does it take for a shock to come off? Anyone know ?

I would say some sort of adult attention deficit disorder. Roush was crap at Chicago. Maybe Roush is behind on the shifting rear end and couldn't make it work at Chicago.

maybe they were trick shocks? ;)

Zevious says that he thinks they are bolted on .If that is correct , then maybe they were trying something odd.Although it was the right front I believe and not the rear.

Zevious says that he thinks they are bolted on .If that is correct , then maybe they were trying something odd.Although it was the right front I believe and not the rear.

Well they didn't replace the shock so it sounds like human error. Only other time I recall a shock failure was Jeff Gordon at Daytona in 2000 when the mount broke.

Well they didn't replace the shock so it sounds like human error. Only other time I recall a shock failure was Jeff Gordon at Daytona in 2000 when the mount broke.

I thought they did when Jeff crashed? The shock fell right out of the car. Matt was funny on the radio.

Matt: "My car is handeling like something broke".
spotter: "They are picking up a shock that was on the track"
Matt, deadpan: "Yeah, I think that's mine".

The shocks are pinned on during practice to allow for quick changes. They are then bolted on before the race using Loctite. And according to Moody, the shock was replaced after he ran thirty or so laps without it.

The shocks are pinned on during practice to allow for quick changes. They are then bolted on before the race using Loctite. And according to Moody, the shock was replaced after he ran thirty or so laps without it.
Somebody forgot the loctite.

Who ever put Gordon's throttle linkage together from the pedal to the EFI unit (as I understand it the EFI itself wasn't the problem). Maybe a parts issue, but none of the other Hendricks cars had this problem. In fact I don't recall anyone having a similar problem all year, I just have to wonder about how everything was mounted.

From what I heard the linkages was all fine after the wreck speculation was a chunk of tire rubber bounced up there and hung the linkage then fell out on impact???

OR

Jeff Gordon after busting butt to get into The Chase screwed up big time!

Thought I heard him say return spring? I had one slide off and it's a dammm scary feeling.

You are a true Yooper. I think I going to dig out some old Da Yoopers tapes. Maybe Yoopanesse

Does Rosetta Stone offer a DVD or CD for Yoopanesse? :biggrin:

I just got home from the UP a week ago. Munising will be my home some day.

Does Rosetta Stone offer a DVD or CD for Yoopanesse? :biggrin:

I just got home from the UP a week ago. Munising will be my home some day.

That's awesome. I love that part of the UP. Chit, I love the whole thing. Beautiful wilderness. So nice.

Back
Top Bottom