Bonehead of the year 2013

I think it does. All the time Kyle spends in Nationwide and Trucks, which is far more than anyone else, is time spent away from the Cup car and team. It's very common for Kyle's team not to be on the same page he is and I suspect that's because Kyle's off running another race.

Once a driver makes the Chase, they should step aside from running Nationwide and Trucks and focus on the Cup cars. It takes 100% to compete in the Chase. I don't think Kyle gets 100% by running the minors.
It didn't hurt Matt this year.

The whole RIR incident. From MWR's attempt at shaving points, to NASCAR's mishandling of the whole thing, one long time (and I mean loooong time - me) fan hasn't watched a single race since.
Nascar has always been a little shady with the rules and the caution flags. so they had no ideal how to handle that.

Kyle Busch:

rpm_a_busch3_sw_sq_300.jpg

Matt Kenseth:

03mattk4.jpg

090217_MattKenseth_2009_h.jpg

Getty_Matt_Kenseth.jpg

Why do you hate Matt Kenseth so much? Bitter because he showed up Kyle all year long in the only series that counts for anything.

I dont believe I have ever used the " hate" word on here when refering to any driver. I also dont believe I have said anything about Kenseth that wasnt true.
Matt finished the season a handful of points ahead of Kyle Busch, I hardly see that as "showing up" anybody. Kyle won Twice as many races as Kenseth did this year and thats not counting the truck series. No hate there at all Andy, I just see it as Gibbs wasting resources that could have went to Kyle. :biggrin:

I dont believe I have ever used the " hate" word on here when refering to any driver. I also dont believe I have said anything about Kenseth that wasnt true.
Matt finished the season a handful of points ahead of Kyle Busch, I hardly see that as "showing up" anybody. Kyle won Twice as many races as Kenseth did this year and thats not counting the truck series. No hate there at all Andy, I just see it as Gibbs wasting resources that could have went to Kyle. :biggrin:

Nationwide and Cup aren't the same series. I hope you can get that. They don't count as CUP wins....

Do you suppose that Kenseth actually entered those NWS races with the sole purpose of padding his win account? Hmmmmm...I don't know.

The truth is, Gibbs made Kenseth run those races to allow KyBu to win as a boost his confidence. That's why KyBu gets the best JGR NWS equipment.

;) J/K. Sorry, I couldn't resist

NASCAR, for the magic 15 minutes after the cable broke in Charlotte and for adding Gordon to the Chase without taking anybody else (IE: "Make all the yelling go away mommy")

If they did, they'd be running ARCA races and K&N races, not just Nationwide, Trucks and, in Kyle's case, the highest paying Super Late Model races.
Andy, where would they find the time to run any more then they already do? They have a pretty full schedule now.

Can you imagine the bitchin from a certain 3 or 4 posters if Nascar implements rules that will keep kybu and jolo out of the minor leagues, like they can race but no points and no money, a few brain veins will be popped, we will have to ask TRL to make their own stickie to keep it in one spot.

To get back on topic, I think the biggest bonehead move was MWR at Richmond and the subsequent "apologies" that Bowyer kept making which made it seem ever more likely that shenanigans had been pulled.

NASCAR's handling of the fiasco is a close second --- but I don't think they had ever faced this problem and had no idea how to proceed.

If they did, they'd be running ARCA races and K&N races, not just Nationwide, Trucks and, in Kyle's case, the highest paying Super Late Model races.

I agree a NWS isnt the same as a SPC race. But as for making money, I think Kyle drove the Ballew # 51 truck without compensation.

I do think most the Cup guys are running the lower series for fun more than money. They probably want to be paid for their time, but I think racing passion is driving force, at least for Kyle.

Do you suppose that Kenseth actually entered those NWS races with the sole purpose of padding his win account? Hmmmmm...I don't know.

The truth is, Gibbs made Kenseth run those races to allow KyBu to win as a boost his confidence. That's why KyBu gets the best JGR NWS equipment.

;) J/K. Sorry, I couldn't resist

Gibbs made Kenseth run those races to allow Kyle to win ???
Sorry but I dont get that one

Can you imagine the bitchin from a certain 3 or 4 posters if Nascar implements rules that will keep kybu and jolo out of the minor leagues, like they can race but no points and no money, a few brain veins will be popped, we will have to ask TRL to make their own stickie to keep it in one spot.
I wouldn't care really.. I'd still watch and be happy NNS regulars are winning... but if Joeys gona be in it obviously Im gona root for him.

I agree a NWS isnt the same as a SPC race. But as for making money, I think Kyle drove the Ballew # 51 truck without compensation.

I do think most the Cup guys are running the lower series for fun more than money. They probably want to be paid for their time, but I think racing passion is driving force, at least for Kyle.
That truck is s KBM truck lol

Back
Top Bottom