Bonehead of the year 2013

Sorry can't go with MWR on this one. They were just playing within the sandbox created for them by Nascar. While I don't agree with what MWR did, Nascar allowed it to happen and would have swept it under the rug if they could have. 2013 like many years the bonehead award should go straight to Nascar.

nascar set up the MWR nonsense when they refused to show leadership and call Menards spin to help Harvick what it was.

Bill France Jr for failing to start and park when it really would have made a difference.

Said he never should have run the Phoenix Nationwide

I heard Larry Mac say that but when and where did Kenseth himself say it? I'm not saying he didn't, but just curious as to where you heard it.

Gotta be MWR by a mile. Find me another "bonehead move" in 2013 that resulted in the loss of tens of millions of dollars, an entire car/driver/crew, and the reputation of multiple men. It might be the bonehead move of the decade.

And here's the thing - the bonehead move didn't even occur on the track (as badly as they tried to pull it off). It's how they handled it immediately afterwards. If everyone involved admitted to it, apologized sincerely, spoke about what they've learned from it, committed to work with NASCAR to help avoid it in the future...etc etc etc...THAT WEEKEND...Truex would still be in the #56 NAPA, and the incident would have been pretty far behind everyone. The 2013 bonehead of the year goes to the multiple times someone from MWR looked into a camera and lied.

Back
Top Bottom