bonehead texas

NASCAR's mistake was / is ridiculous and should never happen.

Almirola's head has grown right before our eyes. To be fair, being this competitive this late in the season must be quite the learning experience for him.

Almirola's childish, bratty comments came immediately after climbing out of the car, so I'll cut him some slack. If he still acts that way after a few minutes... to cool down and to view a replay of the incident... then I'll criticize him severely. But I think many on here are too demanding of 100% diplomatic social decorum over the in-car radio or immediately upon climbing out.

Certainly a fair point and overall true. However, it just isn't a good look to be complaining about being raced too hard at this level. We all knew it watching his interview. At the end of the day what AA said really isn't all that big of a deal.

Almirola hands down. Yeah NASCAR screwed up and blew it but the 48 had bigger problems then that. Quit failing tech would be my answer to that problem.

Almirola's childish, bratty comments came immediately after climbing out of the car, so I'll cut him some slack. If he still acts that way after a few minutes... to cool down and to view a replay of the incident... then I'll criticize him severely. But I think many on here are too demanding of 100% diplomatic social decorum over the in-car radio or immediately upon climbing out.
I think he was covering for his own mistake

Ok, so what will nascar do? Give the 48 a pass on a real violation? Issue an official ''Our Bad'' on nascar letterhead, suitable for framing?

here is a new one for the finger pointers, a whole comedy of errors

It was communicated to the tower by inspection personel before the race. Maybe it was a an error Utter? Eat your free grub and stfu.

Harvicks guy was there the whole time

Well I wasn't paying attention to the pit stops before that incident. Wonder why one of Harvick's crew was over there? I didn't think they were swapping any pit crew around as all 4 of those cars are actively trying to advance to Homestead?

Well I wasn't paying attention to the pit stops before that incident. Wonder why one of Harvick's crew was over there? I didn't think they were swapping any pit crew around as all 4 of those cars are actively trying to advance to Homestead?
Harvick was in pretty good shape so he could have been a loaner until Homestead.

the guy who forgot to apply the VHT to the top groove, on a repave.

Ok, so what will nascar do? Give the 48 a pass on a real violation? Issue an official ''Our Bad'' on nascar letterhead, suitable for framing?
They know Chad has over the years gotten away with many violations so it was no big deal for him this time.
As far as the ten goes, this is the new reality. Whine and cry until proven wrong then you can't find them to feed the humble pie.

Nascar and the 48 debacle hands down.

But Harvick gets a very honorable mention.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The 4 Team would be the bonehead of the boneheads. If it cost them a shot at the championship then they'd get my vote for bonehead of the year.

Is it more boneheaded to screw-up through accident and / or ignorance, a la NASCAR; or to deliberately do something stupid that seemed like a good idea at the time, like the #4 bunch?

What's your answer to the question you threw out?

Ya know, I don't really have a general, one-size-fits-all opinion tonight.

For this weekend, I'm still leaning towards NASCAR getting the No-Prize. They flat out screwed up.

The #4 team? My opinion varies. Have they've been getting away with this all year and finally got caught? Or is the first time they tried it, and did they trip over their dipsticks at the wrong point in the season? I don't have enough data to reach an informed conclusion on this one, so I'll keep pointing to the obvious FUBAR.

Last edited:
So, cheating to get into the final race of the season isn't as big a deal? I think NASCAR needs to stop remembering its history and implement a penalty big enough to stop this type of behavior. If the penalty was big enough the teams wouldn't take the chance on doing it. They'd stay within the rule book. I hope if a sale happens the new ownership looks at this area and takes the sport in a new direction away from where it is now.

So, cheating to get into the final race of the season isn't as big a deal? I think NASCAR needs to stop remembering its history and implement a penalty big enough to stop this type of behavior. If the penalty was big enough the teams wouldn't take the chance on doing it. They'd stay within the rule book. I hope if a sale happens the new ownership looks at this area and takes the sport in a new direction away from where it is now.
I didn't say it wasn't a big deal. I'm also not saying it is. I haven't weighed in on the morality of the actions yet, in this discussion or any other.

I'm saying only I don't think it's as boneheaded as NASCAR's actions against the #48. Morality doesn't play a part in that decision for me, only the level of stupidity. It's 'Bonehead of The Weekend', not 'Sinner ... '

Back
Top Bottom