Bowman Grey on Discovery Channel

It is worth the 12 dollars (used to be 10) to buy a ticket at BGS. Just watch the weather if they rain-out there aren't any shows on Sunday.

It's pretty unusual for any track to race on Sunday if they're rained out. Why the announcement Carteret County made this week is unprecedented.

Reactions: sky
I was going to watch one of my teammates race his bracket car at Fayetteville on Fri night but it definitely looks like it will get rained out. But the race at Bowman Gray looks like it should be dry...so that's where I am going.

I saw that this weekend is actually Bowman Gray's big 200 lap Hayes Jewelers 200 modified race, so it sounds like you picked a good night to go! That will be streaming live on fanschoice.tv as well.

Race tonight is rained out. :mad:
Yep, we spent a couple of hours at the Petty Museum and then drove over to Bowman Gray and there were a lot of haulers in the pits and there were a lot of fans parking and lining up at the gates and I could see a truck driving around the race course with a yellow light flashing on it so since there was still about 45 minutes before the gates opened we decided to go grab a quick bite before we parked the car. As we were coming back I saw some race haulers leaving and then when we turned the corner the pits were almost empty and the fans were walking back to their cars so we just headed south for Concord. It had been raining earlier but at the time it had stopped and the sun had come out. But I could see some pretty nasty clouds off in the distance and it started raining on us about 20 miles south of the track.

Brennan Poole is racing a modified tonight at Bowman Grey. Mod race is getting ready to start

Bowman Gray is not really my speed, but I watched a little last night. It's also cool how Fans Choice is streaming several local NASCAR-sanctioned pavement track weekly shows. I wish there were something like it for dirt tracks.
me too. I'm not a fan of pavement racing on little tracks(so shoot me) I grew up watching dirt cars on the smaller tracks, way more action. But nothing was on and I had it in a window on the puter and watched it off and on. Brown made a good run at the last, I thought he was out of it when he got wrecked. Got 4 new ones and passed a bunch of cars and made it to second. Looked like a fun crowd to watch and it reminds me of a mini Bristol of years ago.

You don't really go to Bowman-Gray to watch racing, unless your definition of racing is train races and drivers deliberately wrecking each other. This track is too small and flat to allow two racing grooves, except sometimes for the stock 4 cylinder class or small vehicles like Legends cars. But if you like controversy and fights and a raucous crowd this place might be for you. It is impressive to sit in one of the front rows and feel the Modifieds going past at full bore just a foot or so away from you. Unless you have a big sponsorship and/or a body and frame shop that gives you a really good deal you probably can't afford to race there. They do attract some good drivers since the crowd is big enough to lure good sponsor money, but some of them learn bad driving habits due to the beating and banging...

Back
Top Bottom