Bowyer sues HScott Motorsports

With what these drivers make? Yeah I would.

First of all, if I'm a caliber driver that would make that money in spades, I would have no issue to at the least letting the team pay me when they can somewhere down the line.

They did this guy a favor by putting him in a car when every spots were filled. They kicked Allgaier off this ride to make room for Bowyer. That's already a sacrifice they didn't see pay off since Bowyer didn't do jack squat in it.

Clint Bowyer is a snake and he has shown his devious ways tenfold already. He will continue to do so while he's in NASCAR.
umm I don't think I have seen many posts that have gotten the situation more wrong than what you are saying. for one thing clint is an accomplished driver who consistently ran pretty well when he was in competitive cars. he won for RCR and he won for MWR these weren't wins he backed into and lucked into. he has made the chase when it was alot harder to make it. the other is clint had sponsorship, let me repeat that clint has sponsorship. To say that hscott was doing some sort of favor for clint is one of the biggest jokes I can imagine. Instead it was the other way around. Clint brought with him more talent than that team has seen since kurt busch and most of all more funding than the team has EVER seen. Its a rare thing in this sport to be able to pull that off as an organization. ask any team owner, do you want an infusion of talent and most of all money? the answer is how fast can we make that happen.

as for clint sitting back and just saying ahh ok don't pay. are you freaking kidding me? without clint bringing it all to the table hscott would not have had the money. the fact is hscott agreed to the deal, They agreed to pay the man the money. you can't hate on a driver for that and say oh pay whenever. The team is actually folding up there is NOT going to be pay whenever anything!!! so clint actually did what he had to do, he actually has claim to some assets that the judge ordered a hold be placed on. your not understanding the seriousness of the situation here. Clint is out pay, and he is out commissions. There is legal term called theft of services. Clint provided services with the understanding that he would be paid for them. Hscott could be potentially proven to have stolen those services and thereby defrauded clint out of this money. We are talking potential FRAUD here. at least that is what I think and a potential avenue I would be pursuing.

further the deal of "kicking" algaier out of the ride is another joke. algaier is a ride buyer, Its clear just guessing with a little common sense that the deal with justin was he bring on funding albeit not much and they would run the car. With the funding and justin as a driver one could expect about BK racing level of performance, which is exactly what they got. That is the reason justin went to dale jr, do you think dale jr said lets run justin algaier because he is the best talent out there, heavens no, he had a check, nothing more nothing less.

what Hscott did IMO is squander an incredible opportunity and its also clear they had no real intention of doing it from the beginning. They could have used the infusion of talent and money to do what furniture row did. Kurt busch is what set into motion furniture row's situation along with getting lucky with martin truex being available. Instead if you want to paint a villain its Hscott. they simply cashed out and kept nearly all the money. They spent pretty much nothing on clint and his car and instead kept the money for themselves and it appears even kept money that wasn't theirs as well. I wonder if sponsors might even have a claim against them. I would be pissed if I was 5 hour and the other sponsors. Hscott frankly sucked. There you go that is the truth.

First of all, if I'm a caliber driver that would make that money in spades, I would have no issue to at the least letting the team pay me when they can somewhere down the line.

They did this guy a favor by putting him in a car when every spots were filled. They kicked Allgaier off this ride to make room for Bowyer. That's already a sacrifice they didn't see pay off since Bowyer didn't do jack squat in it.

Clint Bowyer is a snake and he has shown his devious ways tenfold already. He will continue to do so while he's in NASCAR.

So biased...

We have already talked about Richmond to death, he was ordered to spin and he did so and everyone knew it was a placeholder. Bowyer was told he was going to recieve better engines and chassis... Never got any of chassis from SHR, the cars were God awful, a small team. Heck Bowyer even mentioned way back in March-April that, "Its different from having twenty engineers to just one engineer to give feedback to." That quote in itself was alarming and some races Clint was dragging that POS car up into the upper part of the mid-field where the car did not belong. The only reason Allgaier left is because Brandt was unsure about returning and so they let him walk.

Clint finished 27th in the standings with three top 10s' and it may not sound impressive, but go back and watch the man work, he had to fight like a mofo just get those positions. Hell, I remember that Spring M'ville race, he raced his ass off and did not get paid his due. Hell, I would sue as well, but read the article where it basically states that Harry was not going to pay Clint regardless. Thats not right, this is why I hope Clint kicks ass this coming year because if he doesn't, he's out.

He has no excuses the next couple of years, I hope he lives up to the expectation. I think he will, but who knows?

They didn't do Bowyer a favor, he did them one. They kick Allgaier out because Bowyer was able to bring a combination of high profile sponsors / more money than the team had coming in with Justin. Bowyer didn't do jack squat for them for the same reason Allgaier didn't - because there are some problems even money can't fix.

I'm glad to hear you'll work without knowing when you'll get paid. I need my lawn raked, please.

umm I don't think I have seen many posts that have gotten the situation more wrong than what you are saying. for one thing clint is an accomplished driver who consistently ran pretty well when he was in competitive cars. he won for RCR and he won for MWR these weren't wins he backed into and lucked into. he has made the chase when it was alot harder to make it. the other is clint had sponsorship, let me repeat that clint has sponsorship. To say that hscott was doing some sort of favor for clint is one of the biggest jokes I can imagine. Instead it was the other way around. Clint brought with him more talent than that team has seen since kurt busch and most of all more funding than the team has EVER seen. Its a rare thing in this sport to be able to pull that off as an organization. ask any team owner, do you want an infusion of talent and most of all money? the answer is how fast can we make that happen.

as for clint sitting back and just saying ahh ok don't pay. are you freaking kidding me? without clint bringing it all to the table hscott would not have had the money. the fact is hscott agreed to the deal, They agreed to pay the man the money. you can't hate on a driver for that and say oh pay whenever. The team is actually folding up there is NOT going to be pay whenever anything!!! so clint actually did what he had to do, he actually has claim to some assets that the judge ordered a hold be placed on. your not understanding the seriousness of the situation here. Clint is out pay, and he is out commissions. There is legal term called theft of services. Clint provided services with the understanding that he would be paid for them. Hscott could be potentially proven to have stolen those services and thereby defrauded clint out of this money. We are talking potential FRAUD here. at least that is what I think and a potential avenue I would be pursuing.

further the deal of "kicking" algaier out of the ride is another joke. algaier is a ride buyer, Its clear just guessing with a little common sense that the deal with justin was he bring on funding albeit not much and they would run the car. With the funding and justin as a driver one could expect about BK racing level of performance, which is exactly what they got. That is the reason justin went to dale jr, do you think dale jr said lets run justin algaier because he is the best talent out there, heavens no, he had a check, nothing more nothing less.

what Hscott did IMO is squander an incredible opportunity and its also clear they had no real intention of doing it from the beginning. They could have used the infusion of talent and money to do what furniture row did. Kurt busch is what set into motion furniture row's situation along with getting lucky with martin truex being available. Instead if you want to paint a villain its Hscott. they simply cashed out and kept nearly all the money. They spent pretty much nothing on clint and his car and instead kept the money for themselves and it appears even kept money that wasn't theirs as well. I wonder if sponsors might even have a claim against them. I would be pissed if I was 5 hour and the other sponsors. Hscott frankly sucked. There you go that is the truth.

Not allowed to comment , but:cheers:

Hey, you're entitled to all the opinion you can get on your plate. But please get your facts right first.

Facts? The fact Clint is an average driver who hasn't done anything in like 5 years? Stats, look them up.

Facts? The fact Clint is an average driver who hasn't done anything in like 5 years? Stats, look them up.
I was referring to the circumstances of his joining HScott. His record is unarguable, although we interpret the potential differently.

It's not like after '13 MWR was really doing anything. The team was on downward spiral after you know what. Let's take a mid-field team and get close to a championship.

Not a lot of drivers have the skill to do that. After Childers left, MWR regressed and regressed fast.

Sounds like the ol' driver brings a sponsor, owner keeps the money game.

If I ever get to start a race team, I'm going to hire @Reck because I can save money by not paying him. Put all that money towards other stuff.

And I will hire a teacher so he can teach you how to read.

I know a lot of people have a negative opinion of him here because he messed with NASCAR Jesus a couple of times, but I like Bowyer and hope he returns to at least semi-prominence in the 14 next year.

I know a lot of people have a negative opinion of him here because he messed with NASCAR Jesus a couple of times, but I like Bowyer and hope he returns to at least semi-prominence in the 14 next year.

I'm completely convinced he could save puppies from a burning building and JG fans would still have it out for him.

As for next season I'm gonna reveal my bold prediction right now: Clint Bowyer will win multiple races next year

I'm completely convinced he could save puppies from a burning building and JG fans would still have it out for him.

He probably set the fire himself. That itch just keeps flaring up...

The reason Clint went off in march like he did because he saw how crappy of a team he had. I am sure at that point he knew it would be a really long season. He probably knew then he was had, but probably at least thought he would be paid. Most drivers get 40-50% of the winnings. I guess Clint should saw ahh keep that too. I mean why not it's all good

Yeah I would..... I would have no issue to at the least letting the team pay me when they can....
They did this guy a favor by putting him in a car when every spots were filled. They kicked Allgaier off this ride to make room for Bowyer.
That's already a sacrifice they didn't see pay off since Bowyer didn't do jack squat in it.

As for doing favors, Bowyer with the attached 5 hour energy dollars was liquid cash that Scotts team needed. I doubt any favors or charitable intentions were involved. That alone isn't meant to insult Scott, obviously racing is insanely expensive. It was probably more of an absolute necessity, or requirement as it was a choice.

Bowyers far more accomplished resume probably didnt hurt either. A struggling team being happy to snatch up a driver with signed money plus wins, and enough prestige to get an SHR deal is no small thing imo.

We dont know the inside details or run up, at least I dont.
But as for paying when possibile or even with making a settlement, an offer or good faith proposal may have never happened.
An opportunistic timeline could be attributed to HSR as well. If the original link is correct, it is a given that Bowyer received payments prior to October 20th. Or until the season was about 85% complete as in only stopping payments only after services had already been rendered by Bowyer. As in just paying long enough to ensure he finishes the season, or manipulation to avoid fully honouring the agreed upon terms.

A 'snake' knows a compromise is probably cheaper than a lawyers result, probably a faster route than litigation as well.

Note above quote snipped to highlight the discussed points, refer to Recks original post for his full quote.

And I will hire a teacher so he can teach you how to read.

From my understanding, you don't seem to think he should be upset over not being paid. :idunno: You're letting your personal opinion of him get in the way of what's right and wrong here. Don't do that.

So many SJWs in here.

My opinion of the guy. Live with it or dont read it.
Respect. I might disagree, but what kind of forum would we have if everyone agreed?

Its just like a regular paycheck to them though. It may sound like a lot of money and it is but you have to know that these drivers don't have an inexpensive lifestyle. 2 months with out being paid is pretty serious and I'd hope anyone in that position would do the same regardless of how much money it is.

Its just like a regular paycheck to them though. It may sound like a lot of money and it is but you have to know that these drivers don't have an inexpensive lifestyle. 2 months with out being paid is pretty serious and I'd hope anyone in that position would do the same regardless of how much money it is.

This is an odd way of looking at it.

What do you mean by not having an inexpensive lifestyle? Most of these drivers have normal, every day lives with normal expenditures. Granted, they have bigger houses etc but nothing that would put them out of comission should they go 2 or 3 months without a paycheck.

One thing is if those folks at HScott Motorsports are down right refusing to pay the guy and another thing if they are struggling to come up with the money.

Clint's money will come, I'm sure. I just dont agree with his eagerness to get it.

For a supposed NASCAR star who is supposed to be well off financially, unlike the folks at HScott, Clint is surely being a shark about his money. After all, they only missed the last two months. Give them a grace period to come up with the money at least.

Vulture, like I said. My opinion.

This is an odd way of looking at it.

What do you mean by not having an inexpensive lifestyle? Most of these drivers have normal, every day lives with normal expenditures. Granted, they have bigger houses etc but nothing that would put them out of comission should they go 2 or 3 months without a paycheck.

One thing is if those folks at HScott Motorsports are down right refusing to pay the guy and another thing if they are struggling to come up with the money.

Clint's money will come, I'm sure. I just dont agree with his eagerness to get it.

For a supposed NASCAR star who is supposed to be well off financially, unlike the folks at HScott, Clint is surely being a shark about his money. After all, they only missed the last two months. Give them a grace period to come up with the money at least.

Eagerness to get it ? The season is over .

I tend to enjoy your posts on other subjects, agree or disagree, as you express strong opinions. Your intense dislike of Bowyer is coloring everything you say. You're making giant baseless assumptions and grasping at anything that will make Bowyer the bad guy. Your comments here would indicate a lack of knowledge about matters of business, finance, and law. You also don't seem to know what SJW means, and that came off as a rather desperate retort to being backed into a logical corner.

Trying to stick mostly to facts:

1. Harry Scott has a higher personal net worth than Clint Bowyer.
2. Harry Scott is currently liquidating his NASCAR team's assets, and any assets of the business contracted to pay Bowyer's salary may not exist for much longer. That means Bowyer can't just generously wait to maybe get paid by a business that may be defunct by year's end.
3. Harry Scott has been accused in court by a previous business partner of refusing to fund his NASCAR team's obligations.
4. We have no idea what discussions have taken place behind the scenes before the lawsuit was filed. Safely assuming Bowyer has a competent attorney, attempts at resolving the matter were likely made before filing. It's standard practice and a requirement in many states.

Jr and Kelley:
giphy.gif
You left Rick out unless that money has his picture on it.

Bowyer and Scott have settled the case. Interesting to see some of the wording in the statement.

Clint Bowyer and Harry Scott Jr., owner of HScott Motorsports, announced Thursday that they have settled the recent lawsuit filed by Clint Bowyer Racing.

Bowyer sought $2.223 million, according to a lawsuit filed Nov. 21 in North Carolina Superior Court.

According to a joint statement from Clint Bowyer Racing and HScott Motorsports, “Mr. Scott provided additional information to Mr. Bowyer, of which he was not aware, which satisfied him that the claims asserted against Mr. Scott should be dismissed. (Clint Bowyer Racing) and HScott Motorsports then reached a mutual and amicable confidential settlement as to the claims for the debt owed to (Clint Bowyer Racing).”

Said Scott in a statement: “I am glad our race team and Clint Bowyer Racing were able to reach a quick resolution. I wish Clint the best of luck in his career moving forward.”

In a statement, Bowyer said: “I want to thank all the team members for their hard work all season. I’m looking forward to the 2017 season and beyond and wish Harry Scott all the best in the future.”

Bowyer drove for HScott Motorsports this past season after losing his ride with Michael Waltrip at the end of the 2015 season when that team ceased operations. Bowyer takes over the No. 14 from Tony Stewart, who retired after this past season, at Stewart-Haas Racing in 2017.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/12/01/clint-bowyer-harry-scott-jr-settle-lawsuit/

Bowyer and Scott have settled the case. Interesting to see some of the wording in the statement.

Interesting, or face saving? We'll probably never know, but justlikethat it's settled.

Yeah, that's some ... interesting ... wording indeed. Wonder where Harry is holding Clint's kid?
You have a very valid point..... evidently there was some fine print that Clint wasn't aware of... or else he wouldn't have just walked away from 2.2 Million dollars....

Allenbaba might have some scuttlebutt to add to the insight when the smoke settles.....

You have a very valid point..... evidently there was some fine print that Clint wasn't aware of... or else he wouldn't have just walked away from 2.2 Million dollars....

Allenbaba might have some scuttlebutt to add to the insight when the smoke settles.....
Who said he walked away? The terms of the settlement were not disclosed. I read it as Scott settled out of court and got Clint dry the mud off his name. I am quite sure Clint came close to getting his money owed.

Who said he walked away? The terms of the settlement were not disclosed. I read it as Scott settled out of court and got Clint dry the mud off his name. I am quite sure Clint came close to getting his money owed.
You may be right..... I hope you are.... this wouldn't be the first time I read an article wrong......

Back
Top Bottom