Brad Kesekowski on the Gen 6

My thoughts exactly.
I think their tire dragon was bogus too. If you don't use the same rubber that the tires are, it can backfire. I don't know how many times drivers have complained about Arca rubber or K&N on the track messing things up. If they are going to mess with the surface use VHT it doesn't care what type of rubber, it will give grip to any of them

Last edited:
I think their tire dragon was bogus too. If you don't use the same rubber that the tires are, it can backfire. I don't know how many times drivers have complained about Arca rubber or K&N on the track messing things up. If they are going to mess with the surface use VHT it doesn't care what type of rubber, it will give grip to any of them
Do it from top to bottom too. Make as many grooves as possible.

Honestly, just get rid of the splitter and add the valence and have Goodyear change the tires, or get another tire supplier and I think they'd have a solid package.

Do it from top to bottom too. Make as many grooves as possible.

Honestly, just get rid of the splitter and add the valence and have Goodyear change the tires, or get another tire supplier and I think they'd have a solid package.

Yeah raise them up with a ride height rules again. Pretty crazy, Nascar inspects them and then lets them adjust the height lower (competition height) for the race as it is now.
here was the GoodYear tire B.S. for the race..ain't no way that was true, you can't win a race on 50 lap tires when right behind ya there is a guy who has passed the whole field twice and he has 4 fresh ones.

Notes: Teams in all three NASCAR national series in action at Kentucky this week will run the same tire set-up . . . teams will run the same left-side tire code (D-4688) as last year at Kentucky, but with a new right-side code (D-4750) . . . compared to what was run last season, this right-side tire features a compound change to give more grip and introduce more wear . . . this tire set-up came out of a Goodyear test at Kentucky on May 9-10 . . . drivers participating in that test were Kurt Busch, Austin Dillon, Erik Jones and Jamie McMurray . . . as on all NASCAR ovals greater than one mile in length, teams are required to run liners in all four tire positions at Kentucky . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.

I look at who they had for their tire test and I shake my head. I know I can try to listen to McMurray explain his race afterwards, and I usually don't know what the hell he is talking about. I can just see a tire tech trying to figure out what the heck he was talking about. :D

For those criticizing Brad's comments, chalking it up to sour grapes... if he's so wrong about the Gen 6, how do you explain NASCAR's format changes for this year?

Stage racing, IMO is a direct acknowledgment by NASCAR that their product sucks. They know that bunching the guys up for restart carnage every so often, is the only way to produce any brief semblance of side by side action with this package.

O'Donnell is on recording saying NASCAR hears the criticism of the splitter, and other things. A new Gen 7 racecar is coming. Brad was merely venting the frustrations that many others have kept bottled up.

"I just burnt my tongue"

Thats a joke, right?

No. Do you think that the Penskes have the same pace that they did? When they took the skew and fans from my TRD Toyotas, we flattened out in terms of pace. Part of the game.

Word is this track is going to get the VHT treatment. No details on when and where yet.

No. Do you think that the Penskes have the same pace that they did? When they took the skew and fans from my TRD Toyotas, we flattened out in terms of pace. Part of the game.
Your bitterness towards Penske is laughable when you look at how many times JGR has failed post race inspection & had wins encumbered in the xfinity series.

Your bitterness towards Penske is laughable when you look at how many times JGR has failed post race inspection & had wins encumbered in the xfinity series. .

A. Never been bitter. I admire Team Penske and have suggested that their team has the best engineers.
B. My post--which you included in your reply openly acknowledges JGR's tricks from last year which, when taken away, impacted performance.
C. I, unlike you apparently, don't view these kinds of things a blatant cheating, rather pushing the envelope.
D. My post was a statement of perception--not indented to be inflammatory.
E. I am not here to flatter you.

For those criticizing Brad's comments, chalking it up to sour grapes... if he's so wrong about the Gen 6, how do you explain NASCAR's format changes for this year?

Stage racing, IMO is a direct acknowledgment by NASCAR that their product sucks. They know that bunching the guys up for restart carnage every so often, is the only way to produce any brief semblance of side by side action with this package.

O'Donnell is on recording saying NASCAR hears the criticism of the splitter, and other things. A new Gen 7 racecar is coming. Brad was merely venting the frustrations that many others have kept bottled up.

Most of Nascar's rules changes in the past 10 years have been an acknowledgement that the product cannot stand on its own so they have foolishly gone the route of artificially manipulating races and how the championship is awarded. All that has accomplished is to drive hundreds and hundreds of thousands away from the track and millions and millions away from their TV sets. It is a shame things have become so convoluted.

Where are the Brad fans? :idunno:
I am one.

I'd like to see him say that in Victory Lane, but it was occupied.

He was pretty happy when he was all skewed up. The elephant in the room is Penske performance post the 22 encumbered win.
I agree with this. Brad has had a very tough spell, and this wreck was his own doing. And performance has been lower since that Richmond penalty for the 22. I would be interested to hear some details of what he would like to see changed. I think everyone wants to see side force taken off as much as possible. Raising up ride height to permit more suspension travel would be great, if there was some way to keep 'em on the ground. Maybe more drag to penalize the lead car... a very slippery slope regarding competitive fairness.

Basically, I agree with the reactions of Jeff Burton, Steve Letarte, and Steve O'Donnell... Kentucky was one race with brand new pavement, but 2017 elsewhere has had a lot of great racing with side x side action and plenty of passing. I think Kentucky was a track problem, not a car problem. Just my opinion.

Nothing but good things as he wasn't upset or angry at BKez at all but due to him losing control of his car JJ's night was finished early.

How could it be that I love the way my driver reacts to adversity, but I absolutely enjoy Jimmie as well? Maybe because in both instances, these drivers are just real. This is who they are? Dunno

Why can't NASCAR just go back to regular stock cars? And what happened for NASCAR to get away with that?

I just started watching like 1 1/2 ago.. but wasn't NASCAR back in the day regular cars bought off showroom floors and changed into a race car? I could be wrong but that's what I thought.
back in the late 40's and 50's, even then in the late 50's factories were building special packages. Nascar tired to out law them, so they had others build the cars but they supplied the parts. This was wide spread by the late 50's, then automakers had to sell a thousand of these special cars to qualify to race.
here are a couple.. 1970 ish. They ended up banning the top one.A street version would run 160 easy

IMG_3447.JPG

The pic I posted was in the 80's and those body styles are different well look different why can't they do that now?

Brad didn't complain about the cars after the race at Atlanta ... or after the one at Martinsville.

How odd.

Why can't NASCAR just go back to regular stock cars? And what happened for NASCAR to get away with that?

I think it would be really cool if Nascar raced something that bore a resemblance to what they manufactured as seeing them race 4 door cars with 4 or 6 cyl engines wouldn't bother me a bit. Have a body that looks like a stock model "souped up" for racing with similar body panels and engine sizes and I would become real interested real fast. The problem is that I would be the only one that would like that so the whole thing is just a pipe dream. Most people don't care that the cars Nascar uses are essentially spec racers.

Back
Top Bottom