Brad Keselowski - Official Thread

LewTheShoe

Seeking Skill-based Meritocracy... More HP Less DF
We used to have ongoing driver threads for a lot of the active notable drivers, but many of these threads got wiped out in the R-F server crash. So I'm starting a new one for Brad Keselowski. Please post interesting articles, photos, etc here.

I'll start with a cool photo from the Atlanta victory lane...

IMG_20170306_194254.jpg

From Jayski, who did not provide attribution...

HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO FIND OUT WHAT BROKE? "No, they'll have to take it apart. At the end we have to go to inspection and stuff, so we're not allowed to look. I just know it was something major. It wouldn't turn and I lost brakes, so that's a pretty good indicator, but that's the way it goes. That's racing and that's why you watch until the end and you never know what's gonna happen."

ANY WAY TO DESCRIBE THE FRUSTRATION? "It's frustrating, but you put yourself in position to win and good things will happen. That happened to us last week and didn't happen this week, so you just pick up the pieces and move on. Luckily, they're really big pieces. We've got a lot to be proud of."

WHEN THAT HAPPENS YOU DON'T WANT TO TAKE EVERYONE OUT, BUT YOU STILL WANT TO GIVE IT EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT. "Yeah, you just try to make the most of what you can -- every day, every second. I was still trying to get the best finish I could and still lucky to come out with a top-five."

DID YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WERE GOING TO WRECK? "I just had three-quarter speed and when everybody is charging behind you that's gonna cause a wreck. I got of the way the best I could and I don't know if it was enough, but I saw they wrecked. Maybe that was related and maybe it wasn't."

HOW WOULD YOU SUMMARIZE YOUR EFFORT? "We had a great day. We ran up front and led a lot of laps. We were the fastest car at the end and just didn't come together. That's part of how racing works."

Some interesting insights about Martinsville from Jeff Gluck...

"Martinsville is one of the tracks where Brad Keselowski gets booed the most in pre-race introductions. The reasons why people don’t like Keselowski...."

Link to article.

As soon as I saw the thread title I knew some children would start with the immature dogging. It's ok, BK is enjoying making you Kyle fans as annoyed as KB is.

I don't get the hate either. Guy is one of just a few that were able to beat the GOAT head to head in a title chase when everyone was whining about him and his Felony Motorsports team winning too many titles too fast.

Brad races hard and expects others to do the same.

As soon as I saw the thread title I knew some children would start with the immature dogging. It's ok, BK is enjoying making you Kyle fans as annoyed as KB is.

I don't get the hate either. Guy is one of just a few that were able to beat the GOAT head to head in a title chase when everyone was whining about him and his Felony Motorsports team winning too many titles too fast.

Brad races hard and expects others to do the same.
I'm a fan of Kyle Busch and Kezelowski. I admire passionate wheelmen.

I was a big fan of brad when he won his cup. Had pulled for him since he drove for JRM. After he won his championship he got a big head and Vicky and lost my support.

Seems to have his head back on now though. I hate to admit it but I've become a keselowski fan again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have said this before but I have been a fan since the Navy 88 days. Currently my 2nd favorite driver, the day Jr retires Brad will become my favorite but by the time it's all set and done Brad might be my all time favorite. Would love to get his autograph one day and meet him. Have seen him win 3 times in person, once in cup (Richmond 2014), and twice in Xfinity before he was a star in cup (Dover 2009, Richmond 2010).

A lot of people don't like him in my opinion due to what happen at Texas in 2014 with Gordon, which was hard racing for the win. Besides that, Brad and the 2 crew look like the best car in the garage right now, should have 3 wins already, but stuff happens. Time to carry the momentum to Texas
IMG_0564.JPG

As soon as I saw the thread title I knew some children would start with the immature dogging.

I like your passion. Stay strong around here. Kind of like the eldest child, I hope I paved the way, and made it easier for you.

Have said this before but I have been a fan since the Navy 88 days. Currently my 2nd favorite driver, the day Jr retires Brad will become my favorite but by the time it's all set and done Brad might be my all time favorite. Would love to get his autograph one day and meet him. Have seen him win 3 times in person, once in cup (Richmond 2014), and twice in Xfinity before he was a star in cup (Dover 2009, Richmond 2010).

A lot of people don't like him in my opinion due to what happen at Texas in 2014 with Gordon, which was hard racing for the win. Besides that, Brad and the 2 crew look like the best car in the garage right now, should have 3 wins already, but stuff happens. Time to carry the momentum to Texas
View attachment 25960
That deal at Texas was sad. Gordon would have made the exact move. Most others would have too. I thought that made Jeff look very petty, not like Richard either.

That's one thing I like about Brad. He's not as two faced as other drivers. He will race hard and he don't mind people racing him hard. He may have lost his temper a time or two but not as bad as others.

I was a big fan of brad when he won his cup. Had pulled for him since he drove for JRM. After he won his championship he got a big head and Vicky and lost my support.

Seems to have his head back on now though. I hate to admit it but I've become a keselowski fan again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is important to remember. There have been times were I found him really annoying, changed my mind, changed my mind again, and now I'm a big fan. In 2013 Penske really struggled after switching to Ford and Brad was as paranoid as he's ever been. There were the claims the JGR and HMS "stole" Penske employees from 2012, the Twitter crying that David Ragan won Talladega unfairly, the claim that Penske were being "targeted" after the Texas rear-end housing deal. The guy was a Grade-A drama queen. Thankfully, he has mellowed out a lot over the past few years.

That deal at Texas was sad. Gordon would have made the exact move. Most others would have too. I thought that made Jeff look very petty, not like Richard either.

That's one thing I like about Brad. He's not as two faced as other drivers. He will race hard and he don't mind people racing him hard. He may have lost his temper a time or two but not as bad as others.
Gordon knew he was retiring after next season by that point and I think he and his fans, myself included, knew that was the best opportunity he had for the championship since 2007 and that it may very well be his last great opportunity. And that's a large part of why 2014 was so much fun as a supporter up until that point. Set the clock back a few years and I don't think he reacts like that at all.

Now every time I look back I'm way more mad at the fact that the crew had no idea what to do when he came to pit road afterwards and put him a lap down. I don't even think they had time to change the cut tire the first time he came through.

View attachment 25960

Help me out, who is in the car shooting the finger at the crowd?

Gordon knew he was retiring after next season by that point and I think he and his fans, myself included, knew that was the best opportunity he had for the championship since 2007 and that it may very well be his last great opportunity. And that's a large part of why 2014 was so much fun as a supporter up until that point. Set the clock back a few years and I don't think he reacts like that at all.

Now every time I look back I'm way more mad at the fact that the crew had no idea what to do when he came to pit road afterwards and put him a lap down. I don't even think they had time to change the cut tire the first time he came through.
I still think it was dumb to take the top for that restart, he got a miracle push on the one before. It was pretty obvious he was trying to take a wide sweeping arc into turn 1 though, he wasn't just running wide and being negligent.

2014 was no doubt his to lose. Had the best car at Martinsville, then Texas, and all day at Homestead. That Texas race was pure heartbreak. Especially missing the final 4 by 1 freakin point. Made me sick to my stomach to go from such a high when he crossed the finish line 2nd at Phoenix, to such a low just seconds later.

One thing I find extremely funny and telling at the same time. From 2008-2010 Brad was voted Nationwide series most popular driver. All while driving for Jr. When he went to Penske, his popularity plummeted. People are fickle. If he had been awarded the opportunity to stay at Hendrick, I'd bet he'd be right there behind Jr and Chase as most popular.

When Brad left JRM ( I was his fan then) and went to Penske, I went with him.
I love his hard beginnings, had to bail his parents out of bankruptcy, and financed his brother a bit.
Before the race Brad talked with Junior about what Tony did to a rookie and asked his advice. Junior said hold your line. Carl got a rude awakening when he couldn't force him below the line.
A racer he is and the great thing is he don't mind being raced even by Kenseth the whiner.

One thing I find extremely funny and telling at the same time. From 2008-2010 Brad was voted Nationwide series most popular driver. All while driving for Jr. When he went to Penske, his popularity plummeted. People are fickle. If he had been awarded the opportunity to stay at Hendrick, I'd bet he'd be right there behind Jr and Chase as most popular.

Eh, maybe but he has hurt his cause some. His title run in 2012 was great stuff, and a real feel good story. A man that made the most of his opportunities.

2013 the defending title year was a big disappointment imo. Not for his on track performance but coming across as someone that felt persecuted by the officiating.
I think he has grown up some since then, and like him more now as a result. I really like the way he works with his team, and I think he is a real student at being a thinking mans racer.

Not wanting to pile on, just saying there is some cause.

In 2015 and 2016, I believe Joey was better.
Brad looks better in 2017.

There are about five other videos of different drivers doing the same thing to Brad.

Don't you think his "popularity" was all the Jr. fans voting for him because he drove for Jr?

Eh, maybe but he has hurt his cause some. His title run in 2012 was great stuff, and a real feel good story. A man that made the most of his opportunities.

2013 the defending title year was a big disappointment imo. Not for his on track performance but coming across as someone that felt persecuted by the officiating.
I think he has grown up some since then, and like him more now as a result. I really like the way he works with his team, and I think he is a real student at being a thinking mans racer.

Not wanting to pile on, just saying there is some cause.
Yeah I remember some cringe-worthy moments from comments and assertions he made after his title run. Certainly could be where some people developed a dislike for him. But it has seemed like he was public enemy 1 after the Texas deal where he did exactly to Jeff what Jeff would have and had done and won titles with. Going for the win. JG even admitted as much last year.

Love me some Brad K. My second favorite behind Dale Jr. He's a throwback racer. One of the few who speaks his mind, stands his ground, and isn't some corporate robot. He's had more than his share of screw ups over the years obviously. But he races hard every single lap, and expects others to do the same. I respect that.

Don't you think his "popularity" was all the Jr. fans voting for him because he drove for Jr?
Exactly. As soon as he went to Penske and started winning, his popularity plummeted.

I was looking for someone new to like. A long time Rusty fan and I didn't care for Kurt in the Blue Deuce. I liked Brad when he took the Finch #09 car to victory lane, so when he went to the #2, it was easy to pull for him. My Nascar progression through life has been Bobby Allison, then Rusty Wallace/John Andretti, finally BK.

Brad is a great story and great for Nascar/racing. A true racer.

He isn't perfect and can be annoying, a part of the human race.

I'm not his biggest fan, but I watched him diligently hand out candy and trinkets to fans at Talladega, while other drivers jacked around and joked with each other. He seems like a pretty good guy overall, but can also come off as an annoying know it all.

Back
Top Bottom