BREAKING NEWS: Racing-Forums Faces Potential Post Shortage in 2018

What will we ever do without the ever so fun Danica threads? :rolleyes:

Any other time people would hardly give a shiet when a 25th place career driver in great equipment steps aside.

Did you get your money yet?

Who was it you made a bet that she wouldn't get a top 5 with?

Looks like you won that one.

Patrick 7 top tens in 189 races. Janet Guthrie 4 top tens in 33 races before power steering and a/c. Janet better get into the hall of fame first IMO.

A lot of white knight capes will feel so lost Monday morning but have no fear, the greatest days are ahead.
Excuses doesn't need the core competency, actually less is more for the cause. The ability to float new reasons on daily basis on why it did not happen is all you need.
Fly high white knights in 40 or 50 years the tears will still flow.
You will have 190 races with no top fives, with out ever coming close to winning a cup race to defend.
Train your children and your grandchildren and pass the capes on to them, cause the work of making excuses for doing so little in a cup car, with so much will live on forever.

I don't know what some of y'all are going to do now without Danica around.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/11/17/danica-patrick-steps-away-full-time-driving/

^... Poor poor Danica great job of trying to reframe absurdity.

Just think about the star power NASCAR had lost in the past couple of years.
Edwards, Gordon, Stewart, Earnhardt, Kenseth, Patrick
The youngsters coming in are going to have to step up their game.

One of these names is not like the others and it has nothing to do with their gender. I see a bunch of multiple time winners and then..... Yup.

One of these names is not like the others and it has nothing to do with their gender. I see a bunch of multiple time winners and then..... Yup.
That's probably why TRL used the phrase 'star power' and not 'multiple time winners' or 'champions'. Chase Elliott also has star power despite having no wins.

A lot of white knight capes will feel so lost Monday morning but have no fear, the greatest days are ahead.
Excuses doesn't need the core competency, actually less is more for the cause. The ability to float new reasons on daily basis on why it did not happen is all you need.
Fly high white knights in 40 or 50 years the tears will still flow.
You will have 190 races with no top fives, with out ever coming close to winning a cup race to defend.
Train your children and your grandchildren and pass the capes on to them, cause the work of making excuses for doing so little in a cup car, with so much will live on forever.
I didn't understand about 60% of that, but the vitriol came through so I guess it's okay.

That's probably why TRL used the phrase 'star power' and not 'multiple time winners' or 'champions'. Chase Elliott also has star power despite having no wins.

No argument there for her first year or two but is she even a draw anymore? I think most have seen that the talent isn't there.

Oh no, just think of the amount threads that will get created when Danica does or does not make it into the HOF

Untitled1.png

Reality check, the drivers that can get the job done usually go straight to the front early on in their career. Davey Allison won twice in his rookie season Earnhardt sr. won on his sixteenth start. Jeff Gordon showed promise right off the bat. As did Kenseth, the Busch brothers, Larson, Chase Elliot, JJ, Harvick and so on. You can see it early on in a driver. Very seldom does a driver in top tier equipment ride around for four or five years and never even come close, and yet keep the ride. If she were so influential and marketable, sponsors would be lining up for her to be their rep, ain't happening. The market always speaks the loudest, she's old news, and not a winner. A "participant", yes, a "winner" no. And hall of fame material? Only if the hall of fame wants to be a complete joke. If she's hall of fame worthy, so is every pitcher that ever started a major league game. Matters not if they ever won a game, all that matters is they started a game. Gimme a break.

Back
Top Bottom