Brian France on Sirius Radio

StandOnIt

Farm Truck

one of the funniest reply

till the bitter end, i woulda have asked “ what were you thinking when you....” pick a subject

That's the best news concerning NASCAR I have heard in YEARS! His comment about his father is completely off base by the way, just another attempt to deflect criticism for his own failures.

IMO, Brian was on the radio to put his spin on things but it didn’t make sense. He framed his departure like he was a father leaving a company in good shape to his son.

I think this is the last time we hear from Brian unless he gets into trouble again.

All of the hacking, coughing, and you knows are stalls so he can come up with a story because he is incapable of telling the truth.

I would love to ask him how and why he came up with The Chase. Then call him an idiot and failure to his face after he told me the reasoning behind that. Out of all the changes he made.... that's the one I still hate more than anything. and its been 16 years....

I would love to ask him how and why he came up with The Chase. Then call him an idiot and failure to his face after he told me the reasoning behind that. Out of all the changes he made.... that's the one I still hate more than anything. and its been 16 years....
The Car of Tomorrow was pretty freakin bad. I didn't mind the 10 race chase. At least you still had to be consistent. Now you can DNF in 6 playoff races and still win the title.

Car looked like ass but it gave us some if the best racing the sport has seen.
I never hated the COT, it was weird looking but the racing was awesome and kept the drivers safe. Kept Jeff Gordon safe as he took some of the worst shots that he ever took in the sport during that COT time frame. I thought there were bigger fish to fry than that car.

I never hated the COT, it was weird looking but the racing was awesome and kept the drivers safe. Kept Jeff Gordon safe as he took some of the worst shots that he ever took in the sport during that COT time frame. I thought there were bigger fish to fry than that car.
The ratings and attendance kept rising until it came along. Even went up a couple years after the chase was put in. But in 08 is when there were first notable patches of empty seats and ratings declines. I blame it for starting the downward trend. Things leveled off for a while from 2010-2013 before this asinine playoff system was put in place and everyone started to retire.

never liked the looks of the COT, they had to make some pretty big changes to get it to race decent. A very aero dependant car that got worse as time went on. Jimmie Johnson liked it I bet. IMO they could have made a safer car that looked half way decent...but Brian.

never liked the looks of the COT, they had to make some pretty big changes to get it to race decent. A very aero dependant car that got worse as time went on. Jimmie Johnson liked it I bet. IMO they could have made a safer car that looked half way decent...but Brian.
Lets hope the new car will be just as safe if not safer and people will like the way it races.

The ratings and attendance kept rising until it came along. Even went up a couple years after the chase was put in. But in 08 is when there were first notable patches of empty seats and ratings declines. I blame it for starting the downward trend. Things leveled off for a while from 2010-2013 before this asinine playoff system was put in place and everyone started to retire.
The downward trend started in 04 for me personally. Never could wrap my head around that points reset with 10 to go. but its here now in all its glory the playoff system. Not much we can do about it.

he has no business ever coming back into the sport. he drove it end the ground.

they've done a much better job with him gone.

#bringbackthewing

You need to look at the bigger 2008 picture in regard to empty seats and downward trending ratings

Downward trend for me started in 2015.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You need to look at the bigger 2008 picture in regard to empty seats and downward trending ratings
Economy didn't crash until the fall of 08 and the crash didn't peak until 09 but there were still empty seats and declining ratings before that

Economy didn't crash until the fall of 08 and the crash didn't peak until 09 but there were still empty seats and declining ratings before that
I think the economy was crashing in the spring of 08. I did one of my college papers on the economy crashing being linked to banks selling homes to anyone with the adjustable rate locked in. I swear I remember this, April of 08 before my graduation. But I don’t think we knew at the time how big that Housing bubble was

Back
Top Bottom