Bristol Dirt Race

Big opportunity for Big Daddy.

I'd say the other is Courtney. Could be Justin Grant. I wonder if NOS is directly involved here.
Rick Ware has a whole fleet to rent. Windom is going to be doing something if he can have a decent finish in a Waremobile. It should be interesting

I didn't realize Windom had 12 stock car starts between Trucks and ARCA, still its a long shot with Ware to run well. The field is much stronger in Cup then when Bobby Pierce could run all over the truck guys, and he raced late models not sprints

I'd like to see the top 3 in each heat race earn points (3 for 3rd, 2 for 2nd, 1 for first). Make it a little interesting. At least in Cup, it's not like they'll be sending anyone home (maybe a single driver or two).

Trucks will be fun as they've been getting really really strong fields since the pandemic. I'd expect 40-42 trucks competing for 36 spots.

I'd like to see the top 3 in each heat race earn points (3 for 3rd, 2 for 2nd, 1 for first). Make it a little interesting. At least in Cup, it's not like they'll be sending anyone home (maybe a single driver or two).

Trucks will be fun as they've been getting really really strong fields since the pandemic. I'd expect 40-42 trucks competing for 36 spots.
Those are gonna be some dirty trucks at the end. Can the cuppers drive truck or xfinity to get some time on the track?

If anyone wants a sneak peak. There are some Cup drivers participating, Logano and Larson. Not sure if there are more.

There was some talk that Kyle Busch is going to race in the super late model portion. But I haven't seen it confirmed or where that talk is coming from.

For anyone worrying about concrete showing from under the dirt, worry no more.

484xojbeyoj61.jpg

Not really, they were running 15 seconds
For reference, the track record was set by the WoO at 13.86. Chase Elliott set a Cup track record in 2019 of 14:56. The laps being ran in this video are pretty quick and they have been practicing wfo.

In the Dirt Nationals, it will be interesting to see how the cup guys, such as Kyle, do against the dirt regulars since the cup guys are supposed to be the best drivers in the world.

In the Dirt Nationals, it will be interesting to see how the cup guys, such as Kyle, do against the dirt regulars since the cup guys are supposed to be the best drivers in the world.
It's frustrating that some feel the need to have a measuring contest every day. There is no such thing as "the best". It's an opinion. IMO JJ is the best ever IN CUP. RP won about 1/2 his 200 races, driving a FACTORY SUPPORTED CAR, against some mope at the two stall gas station. Dale Sr won his by being the biggest jerk on the track. CHROME HORN!!! Jimmie was just the fastest guy for 5 SEASONS STRAIGHT and more! And my guy is/was Bill Elliot with a nod to Kulwicki and Mark Martin. But I CAN appreciate others. And to be clear...I used to help Tim Hitt in the Rocker House car back-in-the-day. So I much prefer dirt track racing. Never been to a Nascar event. Never will. Not because its LESS than a dirt race but because t's MORE. Too many people, too loud, just too much for me. I can apppreciate both & even IndyCar/IMSA/F1/NHRA, etc, etc. None is BETTER than the other. Different. Like Brunettes, Blondes. Redheads.

I know the cup guys didn't embarrass themselves when they ran The Prelude to the Dream at Eldora. It will be interesting to watch.

It's frustrating that some feel the need to have a measuring contest every day. There is no such thing as "the best". It's an opinion. IMO JJ is the best ever IN CUP. RP won about 1/2 his 200 races, driving a FACTORY SUPPORTED CAR, against some mope at the two stall gas station. Dale Sr won his by being the biggest jerk on the track. CHROME HORN!!! Jimmie was just the fastest guy for 5 SEASONS STRAIGHT and more! And my guy is/was Bill Elliot with a nod to Kulwicki and Mark Martin. But I CAN appreciate others. And to be clear...I used to help Tim Hitt in the Rocker House car back-in-the-day. So I much prefer dirt track racing. Never been to a Nascar event. Never will. Not because its LESS than a dirt race but because t's MORE. Too many people, too loud, just too much for me. I can apppreciate both & even IndyCar/IMSA/F1/NHRA, etc, etc. None is BETTER than the other. Different. Like Brunettes, Blondes. Redheads.
Those were some good old days for sure. Rest In Peace Hitman.

Yes, and I wasn't meaning to say it to measure them etc, just that so many people do, that it will be interesting seeing how they hold up.

Yes, and I wasn't meaning to say it to measure them etc, just that so many people do, that it will be interesting seeing how they hold up.
Thank you for the clarification. I tend to run on the testy side most of the time. My appreciation of Cup racing has diminished greatly the last 20 years. Might not even be NASCARS fault. We change over time. But I was never a fanatic about a particular driver. Never bought a hat or shirt. Just seems weird to me. Back home in WV, at track right below Rocket shop, watched a guy dominate semi-late (Iron block) class for years. Same chassis for I'm gonna say nearly 10 years. Qualified on pole and led every race flag-to-flag by 1/2 lap and just cruised. Finally moved to SLM and sucked for 3-4 years. Had ZERO experience at actually racing against other drivers. Took waaaaaay longer than anyone expected to be competitive. He finally figured it out but was never dominate. Top 5? Gary Dalton--absolute STUD in semi-late. Slightly above average @ next step up for several years.

Thank you for the clarification. I tend to run on the testy side most of the time. My appreciation of Cup racing has diminished greatly the last 20 years. Might not even be NASCARS fault. We change over time. But I was never a fanatic about a particular driver. Never bought a hat or shirt. Just seems weird to me. Back home in WV, at track right below Rocket shop, watched a guy dominate semi-late (Iron block) class for years. Same chassis for I'm gonna say nearly 10 years. Qualified on pole and led every race flag-to-flag by 1/2 lap and just cruised. Finally moved to SLM and sucked for 3-4 years. Had ZERO experience at actually racing against other drivers. Took waaaaaay longer than anyone expected to be competitive. He finally figured it out but was never dominate. Top 5? Gary Dalton--absolute STUD in semi-late. Slightly above average @ next step up for several years.

Off topic I'm actually from WV also, and have been to Beckley Speedway a lot, though it had lots of ownership changes etc. It was the first race I was ever at and is an amazing track, underrated. I've seen 410 sprints there a few times (they were never a regular class there), super fast. I can't remember but I believe around 10-11 second laps, maybe faster. Always a great time and some of my favorite races, even some comparable to my trips to Bristol in terms of enjoyment, though my nascar experiences were usually somewhat drunker honestly.
There were a few drivers there with similar situations, dominating sometimes and some classes, etc, but I can't remember the names.

As a matter of fact in reference to my drunken experiences, a very funny story from Bristol. I have trouble with my back etc and sometimes cannot walk long distances. Anyway it was a rainout one night at Bristol (they raced the next day and I had to go home). We had VIP passes for the booth around I believe turns 3/4 (but I can't remember for sure) and so did some drinking during the rain delay. We also met Dale Jr and Chase Elliott earlier that day at a Mt Dew hospitality tent.

The only bad thing is while I do not care a bit for Kevin Harvick, my dad is a HUGE Harvick fan and has never saw him win in person. Harvick won the next day after we had to go back home.

Anyway, the race was postponed to the next day, we were parked about 2 an a half or so miles away and were walking back. I was somewhat drunk and wasn't drinking anymore but was carrying a beer bottle as an ashtray for the walk back.

Anyway some guy who lived nearby at a church saw me struggling to walk after we made it about halfway and offered me a seat and some water. Me and my family (my dad and my uncle) graciously accepted the chance to rest and chatted with him pleasantly for around 20 minutes while his kids went and got us some water from inside their house. He was a very good guy. We get ready to leave and the guy offers us a brochure and a place to stay if we come back next year. Turns out he was a preacher who lived at a church near the Bristol track and saw the beer bottle and was trying to convert and save me. :XXROFL:

Last edited:
I hope they show the trucks coming in, because I don't think I understood him very well, it looks pretty steep and those haulers are so low to the ground it looks like the break over point will high center them. I'm sure they have it all figured out....or maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom