Bristol Dirt Race

NASCAR will inspect all cars and trucks after each race . They'll be scraping the dirt off the center of the left and right door areas, and separately off the left and right quarter panels. The dirt collected on each area will be weighed, and. averaged across all vehicles.

The results will be used deciding where to place the car numbers next year.

NASCAR will inspect all cars and trucks after each race . They'll be scraping the dirt off the center of the left and right door areas, and separately off the left and right quarter panels. The dirt collected on each area will be weighed, and. averaged across all vehicles.

Will they also consider that there are single digit and double digit car numbers? Also, a zero would weigh more than a one. Just like an eight is much heavier than a three.

Will they also consider that there are single digit and double digit car numbers? Also, a zero would weigh more than a one. Just like an eight is much heavier than a three.
This is the type of deep, technical insight I joined this forum for.

Many people say that mathematics is beautiful.

Do you have time to solve for turbulence?

Many people say that mathematics is beautiful.

Do you have time to solve for turbulence?
Turbulence appears when the Reynolds number is about 2300. Reynolds number = (density * D * flow speed) / viscosity. Details of the calculation: Reynolds number = (1.25 kg/m3)*(0.1 m)*(35 m/s)/(1.83*10-5 N s/m2) = 2.39*105.

Watch the numbers end up being somewhere below the tires. :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :owquitit::pbjtime::booya:

Chase said he tried to get in a truck but wasn't able to get anything worked out. Hard to believe but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Both girls wrecking each other getting out of the cars and mud wraaseling. Danica jumps in over the fence. More epic than than the Allison's fighting no neck.
That is so inspiring and it builds my hopes. But the standards and expectations are of the highest order.

When I was in the 9th grade two high school girls got in a cat fight and Shelia ripped off Sandra's shirt in the school courtyard, there was even some hair pulling. It was wonderful, wonderful, wonderful and probably some of the best motivation I ever experienced. Back in those days playing hookie and not graduating was a common problem. I was the first graduate in my family, I never wanted to miss a day after seeing the cat fight

Last edited:
All the regular drivers will be sitting in the stands! So much for no testing in Nascar

Would like to see a current "as we now know" list of all the truck entries and drivers. It's crazy.

Married couple Stewart and Jessica Friesen will both run in the Bristol truck race

I read an article about the building of the track, they had high tech test this and analyze that. How about there is a big f'n pothole in turn one that needs to be fixed pronto

There are a couple of possible reasons for the failure of the compaction.

Backfilling the void and whacking it with a couple of vibratory rollers for an hour might get you through the night. Or not.

The hype around this weekend of racing has got me looking right past this weekend at Atlanta (oh yea, that's first...).

Am I the only one?
You probably aren't, but I'm not with you. I do agree with your choice of the word 'hype', however.

I'm in a "Roval" like anticipation of a real 💩 show. Probably a false alarm, like the Roval.
Maybe I don't know enough about dirt racing to be excited. Most of what I've seen has been Trucks at Eldora. That looked to me like most of the drivers didn't have enough control of their vehicles to be competitive.

At this point, I'm not against it; just kinda neutral. It isn't circled on my calendar like COTA or Road America.

Maybe I don't know enough about dirt racing to be excited. Most of what I've seen has been Trucks at Eldora. That looked to me like most of the drivers didn't have enough control of their vehicles to be competitive.

At this point, I'm not against it; just kinda neutral. It isn't circled on my calendar like COTA or Road America.
It’s rather likely that there will be a few comedic interludes featuring the same jokesters that provide that part of the entertainment on asphalt surfaces ... while numerous laps down.

Meanwhile, up at the front, I think we’re in for some hard racing by people who know how to do that on clay. I’ll be cheering the track prep crew. Or not.

Believe me. When your car is working on dirt, you have great control and it's an amazing feeling.

Believe me. When your car is working on dirt, you have great control and it's an amazing feeling.
I'm sure it is; I didn't say they were out of control, just that it looked that way to my untrained eye. What I've seen of Eldora, either most don't have a truck that's working on dirt, don't know how to get the most out of it, or I don't know what I'm looking at. Or all of the above, of course

While a half-dozen or so Cup drivers have the on-track skills, how many crew chiefs have experience setting up any vehicle for dirt? I know none of them have ever set up a Cup car for this surface.

Back
Top Bottom