Bristol iRace on FS-1

Last year this series really helped at least for me bridge the gap during the stoppage of the season. Glad we come back one year later and have this for fun while still having the normal races on the weekend

The drivers are clearly doing stuff, why the heck aren't they showing it?
Apparently they are running practice laps and qualifying starts at 7:50, heat races start at 8:00 and the A main starts at 8:40.

Apparently they are running practice laps and qualifying starts at 7:50, heat races start at 8:00 and the A main starts at 8:40.

Well, I'll get to see some of it. I just was watching til 8, and then watching the rest tomorrow(wrestling on at 8, and gonna wait til tomorrow to actually watch the racing with my dad)

Man I'm glad I didn't leave it on at 6

I tuned in what I thought was pretty late, but unfortunately I was still early. FS1 fluff galore.

We all had Davison winning a heat right

Hard to take this event as an actual competition when bowyers doing his “golly g Jeff I can’t drive this crazy thing!!” Routine while drinking a beer and wrecking 20 cars

Fascinating to watch. This is going to be a blast on Sunday if that’s really the line they’re running

I don't think anyone is touching Byron if he can consistently run that smooth around the top. Holy cow. It's all in the gloves

iRacing had an asphalt Bristol track simulator at the track in the fan carnival a couple years ago. I don't think I made more than 4 laps Bristol without spinning out!!! I can't imagine what this is like!

I will say I hope they water the bottom extensively for this race. Two reasons it’s needed after watching Eldora for years...

1. Allows for good multi lane racing

2. Gives lesser drivers a safe way to get around

When Eldora got too slicked off that’s when your backmarkers could hardly stay out there, they didn’t have the talent to run the wall and were sliding like a South Carolinian in a blizzard

It’s a lot of cars. I wonder about that.

At Skagit, a 24 car A Main usually saw the leader into traffic after 10-15 laps. Same basic cars ... weight/chassis layout/700 hp.

40? I’m hoping for the best.

iRacing had an asphalt Bristol track simulator at the track in the fan carnival a couple years ago. I don't think I made more than 4 laps Bristol without spinning out!!! I can't imagine what this is like!
iRacing takes a bit of time and patience to get used to. I was the same way with seeming to spin every other lap, but you develop a feel for it. Quick demos like that are awesome but turn a lot of people away at the same time. I watch these Pro Invitational events and take heart in the fact that true pros struggle with this sim. I also get kind of frustrated watching the contact (especially last night at Bristol) and thinking "if this were a normal race, these guys have long since gotten the penalty or disqualification for 17X points." (those who iRace know what I mean. Even watching Byron lead and scrape wall I'm thinking "1X. 1X. 2X....")

Back
Top Bottom