Bristol RACE thread

Nah when he does it its not because he couldn't control his car. Its intentional and more often than not deserved. Although the fact that Chase just over drove it going for the win is a respectable way to go out.
You’re angry and have 100% right to be. I get it. When Chase cleared Joey on restart it thought it was in the bag. Then when Joey got around, I thought Chase was angling to do the bump and run going low into 1. I fully expected, as a fan, for the 9 and the 22 to come off 4 in a drag race. Chase got loose and screwed them both. It sucks, and Chase should eat a **** sandwich here. I’m also saying that my sympathy isn’t so great as it would be for someone else if it weren’t Joey who doesn’t hesitate a breath to dump or use someone up for a win (often of which I’m cheering for him because of the other person.)

Last edited:
Joey has every right to be mad, Chase sent that SOB in and it did not stick.

Ruined both of their weekends.

Oh I doubt if it ruined their whole weekends - they are both rich and will have fresh cars for the next race :cool:

Wait a minute... Clint Bowyer finished second?! Kurt Busch finished seventh?! Where did they come from?!?!

Until the finish, it seemed to me that Kyle Busch would be my only fantasy racing starter to finish in the top ten.

Chase is a wheelman but this was a Brandon Jones level of stupid driving, just like Kyle did to chase at darlington last week. I only ask the level of outrage is the same when a fan favorite makes a bad mistake, but it won't be. Chase is lucky he did this to Logano who half the fan base hates lol

You’re angry and have 100% right to be. I get it. When Chase cleared Joey on restart it thought it was in the bag. Then when Joey got around, I thought Chase was angling to do the bump and rum going low into 1. I fully expected, as a fan, for the 9 and the 22 to come off 4 in a drag race. Chase got loose and screwed them both. It sucks, and Chase should eat a **** sandwich here. I’m also saying that my sympathy isn’t so great as it would be for someone else if it weren’t Joey who doesn’t hesitate a breath to dump or use someone up for a win (often of which I’m cheering for him because of the other person.)
All bets are off when the finish line is in sight IMO. I don't like wrecking anybody on purpose and that wasn't the case just really hard racing.

Chase is a wheelman but this was a Brandon Jones level of stupid driving, just like Kyle did to chase at darlington last week. I only ask the level of outrage is the same when a fan favorite makes a bad mistake, but it won't be. Chase is lucky he did this to Logano who half the fan base hates lol
Holler at me when Chase has years of KDB antics

9 driver doesn't have "KAREN" on top of the door, he drove in there.

Folks..Alex Bowman leads (or was leading) the series in stage wins. Top 5 in points.

He has ONE top 10 finish outside of his win. One.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Folks..Alex Bowman leads (or was leading) the series in stage wins. Top 5 in points.

probably need to count up laps led while you are at it and Harvick has been points leader for almost the whole season

This was the first race Kyle had great speed, and they blew it. He may go winless this year

The quicker everyone learns that stage points are worth more than winning, the better.

After Darlington I flat showed my *** about being wrecked out of a win. In fairness, I have to eat one here as a 9 fan because he did that to Joey. Forget whether it was blatant or not, it just “was.” I’m trying to be fair and if that were the 18 or 11 taking out the 9 or 12 in the exact same situation, it would be pandemonium.

Nah he's a lot like Dale Jarrett. Kyle Busch is the closest thing ever to the Intimidator
MTJ reminds me of Jarrett. Brad reminds me of Earnhardt with his background growing up in the sport and his family’s struggle in it, his talent at the Super Speedway’s, his short track talent and previous short track successes and then finally his willingness to mix it up if need be or go for that hole that’s the slimmest of margins. This all just my opinion honestly and I actually think Kyle reminds me most of DW

We’ve reached peak 2020: the golden boy who can do no wrong flat effed up and threw what remaining order there was into chaos!

That Chevy power helps too

Honestly, I would have rather see the team stay affiliated with Roush.

RCR power is cool, but eh. Got to have the money to do it and RPM is housed within RCR now.

7 wins in 2.2 seasons and has been in contention to win nearly every race of 2020 but he’s not money.

Okie dokie. Makes sense when you thought today was Jimmie’s race to lose and he didn’t lead a single lap.
The Chase Elliott will never win or live up to his billing narrative is alive and well with others in these parts

The quicker everyone learns that stage points are worth more than winning, the better.

I pointed out this issue in 2017 when the system was announced. They don't matter more than winning, but collectively they matter more than the finish for all other positions. Points as they've always been understood are fully broken.

Math is still not a strong suit. I'm not even very adept at it, and I saw it.

Last edited:
probably need to count up laps led while you are at it and Harvick has been points leader for almost the whole season
I know Bowman had lead the most laps. Bowman leads in stage wins. I just think it's crazy that Bowman has been a front runner most the season, and has two top 10 finishes to show for it

This was the first race Kyle had great speed, and they blew it. He may go winless this year
Not a chance. i think he'll squeak out 3. FWIW, they are behind though..he had great speed, and was clearly at best a 4th place car. The 22, 48, 9 and arguably the 4 were better. Has Kyle gone winless? I know he has two 30+ winless streaks.

I know Bowman had lead the most laps. Bowman leads in stage wins. I just think it's crazy that Bowman has been a front runner most the season, and has two top 10 finishes to show for it

4th in points after Charlotte, Maybe you are forgetting he won a race? At any rate, he is going to drop after Bristol

Back
Top Bottom