Bristol RACE thread

Least it’s probably better than what Joey would say. I doubt he ever says sorry when he does the crap. We can ask Denny or MTJ about that I suppose... hmm.
Hamlin sure.. althoughwhen he realized the severity of the accident he did apologize.. but how can u compare MTJ here? They didnt wreck and finish 20th and 21st that's the big difference here.

For the most part.. when Joey has had these run ins.. he at least wins the race or doesnt lose spots as well.. what Chas did reminds me.of Danica.

And I get it.. I dont condemn him for the incident. But.to respond with "well you've done it before too".. shows intent.. and while I dont think intent was there.. a simple "hey my bad man I over drove it going for the win" is a hell of a lot better than "you've done it too".. that's horse doo doo

Hamlin sure.. althoughwhen he realized the severity of the accident he did apologize.. but how can u compare MTJ here? They didnt wreck and finish 20th and 21st that's the big difference here.

For the most part.. when Joey has had these run ins.. he at least wins the race or doesnt lose spots as well.. what Chas did reminds me.of Danica.

And I get it.. I dont condemn him for the incident. But.to respond with "well you've done it before too".. shows intent.. and while I dont think intent was there.. a simple "hey my bad man I over drove it going for the win" is a hell of a lot better than "you've done it too".. that's horse doo doo

Winning or not, both drove over their head at times. That’s all that matters here. Chase sure, should’ve said sorry but at the same time, Joey wouldn’t have probably, and you also probably would’ve not said anything bad about Joey (check and you will see I called Chase out a few times in here for this and even said Joey owes Chase one) and Joey would laugh about it.

Least it’s probably better than what Joey would say. I doubt he ever says sorry when he does the crap. We can ask Denny or MTJ about that I suppose... hmm.
Are we really talking more about Joey's issues as driver when he did nothing wrong Sunday? Let's not redirect. I understand Joey had done this, but Joey isn't the one who wrecked them both. If we can criticize Joe, we can criticize Chase. This isn't about Joey, it's about Chase. Also, Joey is a champion. Chase isn't.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Are we really talking more about Joey's issues as driver when he did nothing wrong Sunday? Let's not redirect. I understand Joey had done this, but Joey isn't the one who wrecked them both. If we can criticize Joe, we can criticize Chase. This isn't about Joey, it's about Chase.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have in this very thread... I called Chase out in the thread after the race?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People wanted spicy Chase, and now they're getting it.

It's too late to go back now.
I didn't really see anything to spicy. Chase was just racing hard like any other driver would have and he went in a little to hot and the car didn't stick and it got away from him which took himself and Joey out. It was unfortunate for himself, his fans, and HMS. But I don't think it was to bad for his sponsors or Chevy because they still got a lot of good tv time. That being said, I would have liked for him to have went straight over and apologized instead of just ignoring Joey, probably because he was frustrated and a little embarrassed. Rick Hendrick should be pretty excited knowing that he has chosen 3 pretty good young drivers that are good role models to carry the torch after JJ rides off into the sunset.

This is going to sound nit-picky, but WHEN Chase used the "well, you've done it too" in said conversation makes a heck of a difference. If it was right off the bat, then yes it shows intent and is completely disrespectful. If it was near then end of a heated discussion where he was getting lectured by a guy who has made aggressive contact for a win kind of an MO, then it was a "whatever let's move on" moment. I want to be clear that I am in no way defending Chase or condoning the move. I agree that he should have went to the 22 right away, but that's over. Joey "owes him one" and I think everyone is ok with him cashing it in. It's going to suck, but if nothing else, as a Chase fan I am almost used to the feeling. ;)

Lmao Chase isn’t wrong....

Either this is Joey paraphrasing or Jeff is being disingenuous.

I have no doubt Chase said “well you’ve done it” but that wasn’t the conversation. Joey and Chase traded words for quite a while longer for Chase to only say a single phrase.

Re-watched the last 50 laps. Couple of things... first this was an instant classic Bristol race. Top 4 under a blanket running together for the last 30 laps, the winner running in 5th place with 20 to go. The action, Hamlin did the exact same thing as Blaney getting loose running up high in the marbles, lost the lead. Logano and Chase both drove in hard to get around Hamlin, Chase never touched Logano, air off the LR made Logano loose, he got mad because he thought Chase made contact, when he did not.

The final restart, Logano was able to get to Chase's inside, Logano slide jobbed Chase's high line where Chase could have easily sent him into the wall nosing his RR if he had not lifted. Once Chase saw that, and after Logano's back bumper bang under caution previously, it was ON from that point, he was not going to let Logano drive off with the win, so he drove it in as deep as he possibly could, it didn't stick unfortunately.

Tempers flared a little bit that's what Bristol does. Loved it. Hard racing all the way around, for the win. Competition at it's finest.

Back
Top Bottom