Bubba passes out

When did this happen? I stayed to watch the post-race interview with Harv and didn't see squat.

Hope it isn't indicative of any underlying health issue ala Kasey.

in hindsight atlanta should've been shortened bc of heat and drivers not being acclimated to it by this time of year thru a consistent schedule of races. seems like everyone was fine though.

really physically tough week of Sunday: Atlanta, Wednesday: Martinsville, Sunday: Miami

But we all know drivers aren't athletes... right :sarcasm:

I’m still trying to recover from Bobby Allison in cutoffs and a wife-beater competing (I guess you could call it that) on The Superstars.

IIRC he got one point for not drowning in the swim competition.

in hindsight atlanta should've been shortened bc of heat and drivers not being acclimated to it by this time of year thru a consistent schedule of races. seems like everyone was fine though.

really physically tough week of Sunday: Atlanta, Wednesday: Martinsville, Sunday: Miami
Yeah I even saw where Harv said after the two Charlotte events he didn't feel as good as he normally does when they left Bristol.

Yeah I even saw where Harv said after the two Charlotte events he didn't feel as good as he normally does when they left Bristol.

To be fair we never ran the South during this time either. It's typically Kansas, Charlotte, Pocono, Michigan, Sonoma, Chicago before the Firecracker 400. So the fact we're doing instead Darlington, Charlotte, Bristol, Atlanta, Martinsville, Miami, Talladega is a totally different ball game.

As a former northerner in South Carolina I cannot get over how muggy it consistently is once May swings around. Daily you're looking at 85-95 with dewpoints above 70

To be fair we never ran the South during this time either. It's typically Kansas, Charlotte, Pocono, Michigan, Sonoma, Chicago before the Firecracker 400. So the fact we're doing instead Darlington, Charlotte, Bristol, Atlanta, Martinsville, Miami, Talladega is a totally different ball game.

As a former northerner in South Carolina I cannot get over how muggy it consistently is once May swings around. Daily you're looking at 85-95 with dewpoints above 70
Yep. The muggy weather was one of the major factors that caused me to move to California 30 years ago... but, then I ended up going racing for a living and that put me right back in the muggy weather states again for most of the racing season.:)

1 driver all weekend (all 3 series) had an issue and he has a history of hydration issues.

It's not going to be any easier driving the Black Lives Matter car in Martinsville. It's a good looking car but it will be cooking inside.

Reactions: Pat
Why my Darling Bride and I will never own a black car in SC. And a parking spot in the shade will always get the nod over a closer space in the sun.

South Carolina, where just breathing the air can deliver 125% of your daily requirement of fiber.
I see beautiful black trucks. I love them, but no. I will never own one either.

Bubba was being interviewed by Jamie Little when he fainted the second time. What's not to understand ?

jamie little.jpg

These guys get paid millions to race, that includes being physically prepared to race at all times, either get in shape and do the things that need to be done to prep for hot conditions or go do something else, in this recent case, I wish he would leave the sport, but now he is running Nascar so, he want be going anywhere.

These guys get paid millions to race, that includes being physically prepared to race at all times, either get in shape and do the things that need to be done to prep for hot conditions or go do something else, in this recent case, I wish he would leave the sport, but now he is running Nascar so, he want be going anywhere.
You do know he's not the first guy to pass out, right?

They didn't come any tougher than Ricky Rudd, but I saw him interviewed in victory lane at Martinsville, lying beside his car, IVs in both arms. I recall Tony Stewart stretched out atop the Indianapolis retaining wall doing an interview and tubed up like a sprinkler system. Two or three drivers get dehydrated or heat stroke every year.

Is this basically the official Bubba thread now?

If so I'd like to say I get a kick out of him being ahead of Dicky Spinhouse in the standings.

Reactions: sdj
You do know he's not the first guy to pass out, right?

They didn't come any tougher than Ricky Rudd, but I saw him interviewed in victory lane at Martinsville, lying beside his car, IVs in both arms. I recall Tony Stewart stretched out atop the Indianapolis retaining wall doing an interview and tubed up like a sprinkler system. Two or three drivers get dehydrated or heat stroke every year.

I understand, but, it is because they are not properly prepped, hydrated and or in good physical condition, or, have a preexisting medical condition that shows itself in these situations.
You are exactly correct, they did not come any tougher than Ricky Rudd. :booya: He was my guy in the day. I remember they were at some track and there was a water hose close by that had been laying in the sun and heat, they fired it up and scalded the crap out of him, talk about insult to injury.

I understand, but, it is because they are not properly prepped, hydrated and or in good physical condition, or, have a preexisting medical condition that shows itself in these situations.
You are exactly correct, they did not come any tougher than Ricky Rudd. :booya: He was my guy in the day. I remember they were at some track and there was a water hose close by that had been laying in the sun and heat, they fired it up and scalded the crap out of him, talk about insult to injury.
They raced in what today's society would call barbaric conditions for sure.

Agreed, but one incident isn't a sign a guy doesn't usually prepare properly or should "just leave the sport".

I assume it’s in support of firefighters and police officers who aren’t homicidal.

Something like that.
Okay, then I'm confused by your remark. "Point counterpoint" sounds like you think supporting BLM and law enforcement are incompatible. Was that your intent?

Back
Top Bottom