• 2 race 200k or more fine

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 1 race 200k or more fine

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • fine only over 200k and Probation

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • fine only under 200k and Slap on the wrist Probation

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Nascar won't do anything and act like it never happened.

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least 1 race, maybe. Idk. They are so inconsistent with their rulings. If they wanna show they care about safety it has to be at least a race. But they shown this season alone, that fines and points is all they take really.

Like they said on DBC this morning, NASCAR will get hammered no matter what they do. I'm thinking heavy fine and owners' points based on precedent. It's a no win either way they go.

$100-200k and 100 owners' points, probation

2 days removed from it, cooler head on my shoulders ( I said when it happened, park Bubba for the season) and I’d say a fine of 6 figures plus probation going into next year would be sufficient. But and this is a huge BUT...Bubba put his hands on an official, pushing the fella away. I think that will more than go into him sitting this week.

I voted for and am cheering for a 200k fine and a 1 race suspension.

I think that's fair. My issue is, that the dumbasses handing out NASCAR penalties are so inconsistent. Noah Gragson this year at Road America hooked Karam on the straight down to turn 5 and took out a huge number of cars, and we all remember the images of drivers in pain. What did NASCAR do? $35k fine and docked some points.

Fines are pointless unless it actually costs the driver and makes an impact. And at this point in the season, even a suspension isn’t going to be a big deal to anyone not in the playoffs.

I won’t be surprised it is in line with the Kenseth-Logano fiasco just to be consistent. I really doubt it goes more than that with the participants and the past events.

And MJ pony’s up the funds…so big deal.

1666105001158.png

I'd like to see him parked for a week. What I think will happen is 6 figure fine and 50 pts

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I won’t be surprised it is in line with the Kenseth-Logano fiasco just to be consistent. I really doubt it goes more than that with the participants and the past events.
Kenseth-Logano was much more blatant, but at least both were grown up enough not to make it worse with a physical altercation. I think we all knew exactly what was going to happen when they were wheel to wheel and no one was surprised.

The Bubba deal came out of nowhere, and at least he had an excuse in the steering was broken. I read Nascar has the car at their technology center and if the steering is broken, I am sure the whole thing will get dismissed, and aside from the fight, it should be. If the steering is ok, Nascar is going to have some 'splaining to do if they don't take some action.

But what do they do about the assault? What has Nascar ever done about a fight?

Two-race suspension and a fine. If you can’t get suspended for a 170 MPH PIT maneuver, what can you be sat for?

Kenseth-Logano was much more blatant, but at least both were grown up enough not to make it worse with a physical altercation. I think we all knew exactly what was going to happen when they were wheel to wheel and no one was surprised.

The Bubba deal came out of nowhere, and at least he had an excuse in the steering was broken. I read Nascar has the car at their technology center and if the steering is broken, I am sure the whole thing will get dismissed, and aside from the fight, it should be. If the steering is ok, Nascar is going to have some 'splaining to do if they don't take some action.

But what do they do about the assault? What has Nascar ever done about a fight?
I had actually forgot what Kenneth got. Not sure about points but he received a 2 race penalty.

Again, big deal at this point of the season.

I still say pushing the safety worker outweighs the racing altercation. I still want a week off for that.
I have a huge problem with that as well. The safety workers are there for 1 reason, and have nothing to do with the on track spat that just occurred.

This isn't Bubba's first time either. 2019 Roval, after Bowman hooked him coming out of the chicane, Bubba went down to a ill-feeling Bowman who was on the ground, being attended to by the AMR safety team and throws water on them. Now sprinkling some water isn't exactly assault, but does show he doesn't care.

I was sent the video on social media and I was unable to really watch much of anything last week.

I'm pretty sure it will be steep, I have no predicitions as I'd rather just see this be done with and move forward. I don't agree with walking out on track in front of cars, that I do not like. The shoving is whatever, we've had Noah Gragson trying to clear people with a sneak right hook for the past few years.

He'll get a hefty fine along with some other deals in a goodie bag from NASCAR.

All I ask for is for this and any other situation similar to this to be treated with the same energy in the future. What NASCAR decides to do is what they will more than likely go on with in the future. So yeah, Bubba has work to do on his temper because we know he wears his emotions plainly. Just got to put another feather in his cap and keep it truckin'.

I don't understand why nascar hasn't at least issued a statement, it's under investigation, we're looking at it, something. The guy wrecks another car on purpose that didn't even touch him, he exits his car on the track, attacks Larson and pushes an official, the punishment had better be severe.

I don't understand why nascar hasn't at least issued a statement, it's under investigation, we're looking at it, something. The guy wrecks another car on purpose that didn't even touch him, he exits his car on the track, attacks Larson and pushes an official, the punishment had better be severe.
Nascar is consistent if nothing else.....

Yeah I don't even believe that as I type it out myself

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

That's just it. That was simply Bubba just blowing a gasket out there (in his head). What the #5 did to him was nothing that doesn't happen multiple times in every race. Nothing Kyle did was intentional. He was aggressive and got loose up the track. Never made contact with Bubba. Bubba could have backed out and lost 2-3 spots (and he was fast enough to make that up later on). Even given what happened, Bubba wasn't out of the race, probably had some damage for sure but didn't look like anything that would keep him from continuing the race.

He just simply went into full rage mode at that point and nothing he did from the time he scraped the wall made any sense.

i hope they do something that matters, like make him sit out the daytona 500 next year.

Never mind the fact that he took a playoff driver out with his temper tantrum. That alone deserves a suspension. He then gets out of his car & violently goes after a smaller guy who didn't want to fight. I honestly don't want to see him on the track for the rest of this season.

I never had any issues with Bubba before this. He's a pretty clean racer & has shown signs of success in spurts. Bubba has his fair share of haters, I'm not one of them. But this incident is just unacceptable.

Just based off the current buzz I'm hearing, I would say it's at least one race for sure. No idea if more.

It's hard to say if this deserves more or less than Kenseth. It was more a crime of passion than blatant, premeditated homicide like Matt's. So I guess I can see a difference. But at the same time, what happened on Sunday was 100x more dangerous, not to mention the collateral damage to Bell. But then there's Jeff Gordon, and others, right? At some point NASCAR needs to set a precedent that ALL intentional contact stops, or else (blank). Doesn't matter the circumstance. Take all subjectivity out of the equation and make it black and white.

Just based off the current buzz I'm hearing, I would say it's at least one race for sure. No idea if more.

It's hard to say if this deserves more or less than Kenseth. It was more a crime of passion than blatant, premeditated homicide like Matt's. So I guess I can see a difference. But at the same time, what happened on Sunday was 100x more dangerous, not to mention the collateral damage to Bell. But then there's Jeff Gordon, and others, right? At some point NASCAR needs to set a precedent that ALL intentional contact stops, or else (blank). Doesn't matter the circumstance. Take all subjectivity out of the equation and make it black and white.

My only issue with a suspension is how much NASCAR's let stuff like this slide in the past.

"This car is more dangerous" isn't grounds for suspension.

NASCAR needs to penalize the ACTION, not the RESULT. Which is my entire problem with much of what NASCAR's done. The penalties are based on who, and other circumstances.

No matter what, NASCAR's in a no-win situation here. But they put themselves in this position with the stuff they've let slide all year.

My only issue with a suspension is how much NASCAR's let stuff like this slide in the past.

"This car is more dangerous" isn't grounds for suspension.

NASCAR needs to penalize the ACTION, not the RESULT. Which is my entire problem with much of what NASCAR's done. The penalties are based on who, and other circumstances.
Totally agree. Just make it black and white. If you intentionally go after someone, you're screwed. Nothing else surrounding it matters. Like, even if Larson had figured out a way to right his car after contact...doesn't matter. Same penalty.

We're all seeming to forget a a part of the equation here : Hands on the Official. Do that in any stick and ball sport, you're sitting out more than one game. Bubba has to sit IMO just for that reason. This is already a high emotion sport, Bubba had a meltdown of epic proportions ( still trying to figure out why) and you cant have these drivers or crew members physically assaulting officials when things are not going their way. Bubba has to sit for that reason in my view.

We're all seeming to forget a a part of the equation here: Hands on the Official. Do that in any stick and ball sport, you're sitting out more than one game. Bubba has to sit IMO just for that reason. This is already a high emotion sport, Bubba had a meltdown of epic proportions ( still trying to figure out why) and you cant have these drivers or crew members physically assaulting officials when things are not going there way. Bubba has to sit for that reason in my view.
For all we know, if he is in fact suspended, that might be the reason they give. Which would at least be more consistent with all the other blockhead moves on track that didn't get suspended.

Back
Top Bottom