Buschy McBusch 400 @ Kansas Speedway

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
1619488483020.png

1619488676454.png

Storyline – Wear now a factor at Kansas: While not really known as a high tire wear track, Kansas Speedway has aged since its 2012 repave and NASCAR teams will have to factor that in during this weekend’s races. Cup teams will likely see about a second-and-a-half in fall-off over the course of a run, so tire management will come into play for the drivers. Goodyear made a right-side compound change for Cup teams only at last fall’s Kansas race weekend, but all three national series will be on the same tire set-up in 2021.

Stupidest name of a race ever!
It's pretty bad but there have been worse.. I'm fond of the "10-10-220 200" Busch race at Rockingham, back in the days when you'd dial a prefix code to select your long-distance telephone service. Kids, wake Grandpa and ask him what that meant.

The fact that Busch held a contest and allowed a fan to name the event automatically makes the name of it awesome. They take their sponsorship to another level every year and there's a lot to be learned from them.

Agreed.

Anheuser-Busch has had such a strong presence in NASCAR, and other forms of motorsports, for decades. They deserve a ton of praise and respect.

For those out-of-the loop on the race name.... essentially in 2016 the Brits were polled to name a military boat and "Boaty McBoatface" became the joking front-runner. Since then, anything has to do with naming something via an internet poll has seen something similar as a leading name. For example, a ski resort I visit was naming a new trail and looking for suggestions on Facebook. A rival resort 20 minutes away suggested "Traily McTrailface" which won the poll iirc but they went with a different name anyway.

And that's how we got to Buschy McBusch Race which I think is hilarious. The booth is gonna have a hoot saying that one.

And the marketer within me is extremely impressed. I'd bet half of us on the forum did not know nor care about last week's race sponsor (hint- it was Geico). But Buschy McBusch race sure as hell is gonna stick with us and most of the people watching.

The fact that Busch held a contest and allowed a fan to name the event automatically makes the name of it awesome. They take their sponsorship to another level every year and there's a lot to be learned from them.
Busch Beer has been very active with their promtion of NASCAR , and its just fun watching them do it.

I like the corny nature of the name.

It's adorable.
IMO , it was the best one of the 4 choices ,"The Busch Latte", "Nectar Of The Cobbs", "For The Farmers 400"

For those out-of-the loop on the race name.... essentially in 2016 the Brits were polled to name a military boat and "Boaty McBoatface" became the joking front-runner. Since then, anything has to do with naming something via an internet poll has seen something similar as a leading name. For example, a ski resort I visit was naming a new trail and looking for suggestions on Facebook. A rival resort 20 minutes away suggested "Traily McTrailface" which won the poll iirc but they went with a different name anyway.

And that's how we got to Buschy McBusch Race which I think is hilarious. The booth is gonna have a hoot saying that one.

And the marketer within me is extremely impressed. I'd bet half of us on the forum did not know nor care about last week's race sponsor (hint- it was Geico). But Buschy McBusch race sure as hell is gonna stick with us and most of the people watching.

I think even before that, there was a guy that "adopted" an owl at a zoo and named him Hooty McOwlface. I thought that was at least 10 years ago now, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Imagine being the guy standing in VL, posing with a trophy that has the name “Buschy McBusch Race 400” on it.
I bet every driver out there will be doing their best to try and be that guy standing in VL posing with that trophy. :)

I bet every driver out there will be doing their best to try and be that guy standing in VL posing with that trophy. :)
Heck, I would! I’m just thinking it’ll be funny for whoever wins. They’ll go through their cabinet one day and fondly remember this one. 😂

I mean, 4chan is a thing. Every time a company has one of those naming contest the trolls always write in the worst sounding names and other trolls blast those names to the top of the list by spamming the vote. This is mostly why companies don't let the general internet public write in the names anymore instead just give them choices.

Back
Top Bottom