Carl Edwards retires

Strange the announcement wasn't made following the banquet but now as preps for the 500 are well underway.
I wonder how much Jr's sitting out due to his injury played? He's married to a doc and wonder if she gave him in depth insight as to what the future could hold. He has two beautiful little girls.
He also has a record business IIRC

Wow, that has to be the biggest surprise this year. Don't think many saw that coming. Wonder if we will see more of him in the announcers booth.

Good to know as I don't keep up with things like this. I am sure I have heard of Suarez before today but I don't recall every seeing him race. TRD needs to get younger and IDK how old Suarez is but I presume he is under 30.
He's the defending Xfinity champion

just wrong...I hope blocking Joey and getting in that wreck had nothing to do with it....

Well that is certainly shocking to hear. I hope everything is okay with him. I still think he should've won the Championship in 2011.

I noticed no one but ESPN is using the "R" word and they're just saying he won't race in 2017. Maybe he's just stepping away for a bit and potentially coming back at some point.

OK so I'm not the only one with that thought.

Hope it's a straight up retirement, and not a year off to deal with health issues.

I can't believe he's leaving... not Carl. I really hope he can come back. Something seems fishy.

Edwards is one of my favorites. Very genuine guy and a great racer to boot. Gonna miss him out on the track.

Gordon, Stewart and Edwards all gone in the last few months. The sport is changing fast.

I noticed no one but ESPN is using the "R" word and they're just saying he won't race in 2017. Maybe he's just stepping away for a bit and potentially coming back at some point.

Anything is possible but unless he was ill and needed treatment for a year or so stepping away and coming back makes no sense.

just wrong...I hope blocking Joey and getting in that wreck had nothing to do with it....

I very seriously doubt that Carl's departure had anything to do with any specific driver as it was likely the culmination of several factors over a period of years.

Carl and Suarez are good friends, no? Doesn't Carl mentor Suarez a bunch? Maybe Carl knew Daniel's time had come and wanted to get out of the way?

Wow, shocker. I feel bad for Carl's fans finding out like this. I only root for Chevy drivers but I liked that Carl was a top competitor. Wouldn't surprise me to see him in the 5 in 2018. Unless this really is the end of his racing.

Craig Anderson is a goalie for the NHL's Ottawa Senators and a while back was given an excused absence from the team. After a couple of days it was announced that his wife had breast cancer and he was spending time with her and he comes and goes as he will be with the team sometime and leave at others. Hopefully more light will be shed on his leaving Nascar and it has nothing to so with his health or that of a loved one.

" Hows the car Carl "

Car will be starting the Dodge team!

Carl and Suarez are good friends, no? Doesn't Carl mentor Suarez a bunch? Maybe Carl knew Daniel's time had come and wanted to get out of the way?

Anything is possible but I don't see that as being a reason that is even a blip on the radar screen. I would guess he either left the team because he had to for one reason or another or more than likely just wanted to do something else. For a lot of us at home being a Nascar driver represents the be all and end all but it would also be a major pain in the tush especially if you were not highly social or an introvert.

Back
Top Bottom