Carl Edwards retires

Kyle had a different take on the team building exercises with Carl at JGR. I believe 100% that he drove that corner thinking (perhaps naively) that Carl wouldn't do what he did. Carl drove that corner 100% believing that Kyle would do what he did.

I like a lot of your posts, but I have a hard time believing that you even believe this lol.

Kyle drove hard early in runs that race. He had a short run car. Rationalizing him finishing p2 as Carl being a bad teammate and Kyle giving him a chance to...come on man.

Kyle's car gave up 6 laps prior, Carl moved him. It was short track racing, short run car vs long run car.

My guess is that Carl had already decided at that point to quit and didn't give AF if he pissed Kyle off or not.

He did what he needed to do to win, as any real racer would do.

That is a big reason I'm not drooling over short track racing is because there is so much of that. That wasn't a pass, that was a dump. If Edwards would have been able to get under him and move him up, yeah good pass, but just blasting into his rear end in desperation is a cheap shot.

I am confident that short track racing will induce more salivating and drooling than the cookie cutters do as the beating and banging and tire donuts have thrilled race fans for many years. Nascar offers plenty for those that like to watch races as science experiments followed by dry recitations and has the 4 wreck filled lottery style plate races. It wouldn't hurt for Nascar to toss a few bones to those that enjoy short track and road course tracks as you have Bristol and Martinsville plus the the Glen and Sears Point or whatever the name is today. While Richmond is a short track the racing there has been bad the last couple of years.

STEM drives the preparation of every Cup car for every venue on the schedule no matter the configuration. What has been learned cannot be un-learned.

I apologize for the low moisture content of the above recitation.

The Pinty, Mexico, and the Euro series are all growing every year. All three are predominately road racing series, while the two major short track series in the U.S., the ARCA, and the K&N which are predominately short tracks are not moving the dial and haven't grown for years. Nascar has added a couple of tracks in the schedule to the Trucks, a road course and a short track at Gateway, and a couple of road races to Xfinity. Nascar bought another failing short track at Iowa and they have been running the sheet out of that track for Indy and Arca in addition to Nascar races, New for this year is a new road/roval road course to the chase.

Why not give the short tracks a shot in Cup? The first 5 races have been been held on non short tracks and have all been big losers in the ratings department so why not try some short tracks? I don't think they can be any worse and it least it would give race fans something to look forward too.

International Speedway Corp., Speedway Motorsports and the very small handful of independent track owners have made, are making and are planning to make large capital investments in their plants and equipment.

This pool of collective assets is worth billions of dollars and is protected by contracts with the sanctioning body. When said contracts expire, they will be renewed.

Small changes in the schedule have been made and that will continue. Any expectation of anything other than that is pure fantasy.

NASCAR saw the ratings for the first five weeks, and decided to switch it up this weekend. In an unexpected twist, they are trying out a short track in southern Virginia, which should theoretically be a good market for NASCAR. We'll see how it goes and keep an eye on those TV numbers.

Unfortunately it appears that they have bumped into some poor weather at this locale, and they are now considering changing the schedule to only visit tracks south of the Earth's equator until summer in the northern hemisphere rolls around. The ratings impacts of this decision could be considerable.

Last edited:
International Speedway Corp., Speedway Motorsports and the very small handful of independent track owners have made, are making and are planning to make large capital investments in their plants and equipment.

This pool of collective assets is worth billions of dollars and is protected by contracts with the sanctioning body. When said contracts expire, they will be renewed.

Small changes in the schedule have been made and that will continue. Any expectation of anything other than that is pure fantasy.

All I am hoping for is a 2-3 more short track dates whenever the possibility arises. It is possible that attendance and ratings for short tracks will suck just as bad as they do for a lot of the other races or they could be the same or better. I realize that there are some that don't care for short tracks and that is OK as there will still be lots of Cantwellian cookie cutters for them. The whole thing is speculative in nature but if you can't speculate on a place like this where the heck can you?

NASCAR saw the ratings for the first five weeks, and decided to switch it up this weekend. In an unexpected twist, they are trying out a short track in southern Virginia, which should theoretically be a good market for NASCAR. We'll see how it goes and keep an eye on those TV numbers.

Unfortunately it appears that they have bumped into some poor weather at this locale, and they are now considering changing the schedule to only visit tracks south of the Earth's equator until summer in the northern hemisphere rolls around. The ratings impacts of this decision could be considerable.

short tracks down there ya say?

No worries.....short track racing tomorrow......weather will be dandy.

The Pinty, Mexico, and the Euro series are all growing every year. All three are predominately road racing series, while the two major short track series in the U.S., the ARCA, and the K&N which are predominately short tracks are not moving the dial and haven't grown for years.
Mexico and Pinty's both have more ovals than road courses.

That is a big reason I'm not drooling over short track racing is because there is so much of that. That wasn't a pass, that was a dump. If Edwards would have been able to get under him and move him up, yeah good pass, but just blasting into his rear end in desperation is a cheap shot.
Looked like a tactful bump n' run to me. I think this is much more of a witless, unskilled dumping:

Looked like a tactful bump n' run to me. I think this is much more of a witless, unskilled dumping:

That was a mistake not helped by the golden Child pinching him down. The other was on purpose and it wasn't a bump an run, it was a dump and run. You opinion will obviously vary.

I thought Truex said and now he wants to lead. And then KDB squeezes him down in turn one. uh duh
Google the interview.
I like a lot of your posts, but I have a hard time believing that you even believe this lol.
Kyle drove hard early in runs that race. He had a short run car. Rationalizing him finishing p2 as Carl being a bad teammate and Kyle giving him a chance to...come on man.
Kyle's car gave up 6 laps prior, Carl moved him. It was short track racing, short run car vs long run car.
I don't think anybody at JGR expected what happened to happen--remember Coach's reaction? They probably should have, but I don't think they did. Do I think Carl should have backed off? Not necessarily. Do I think Kyle thought he would? Yes. Was Kyle naive? Probably. Carl is an interesting dude IMO.
Last lap, last corner.
There is no team building. There is only winning.
Thumps chest. Head butts. Dabs.

Who the **** are you, and what the hell did you do with @StandOnIt?!

Back
Top Bottom