Carl Edwards

Seems pretty clear to me. Did you watch the video of the wreck? That could have gone really bad. But YMMV. I believe what he said was he wanted to walk away healthy. If he still had any interest in racing he would have bought a dirt mod or something like that and gone racing. He done. Figures his number may be up next crash.
I mean the wreck came off of a restart, not exactly full speed. Every wreck is dangerous and every wreck has the potential to become really bad but I don't think it was nearly deadly. We can look to his Talladega wreck for a volatile wreck.

Glad we came away healthy.

We never did get that Bob Keselowski vs Carl Edwards in a "They're Gonna Kill My Boy" grudge match

We will never know the true reason, some part of me thinks it has somewhat do with the fact that many drivers are no longer making the $20-40 million a season (some more) and if your already a multimillionaire is it worth the sacrifices for only a few million a season

I don't see the Homestead wreck as why Carl retired. IIRC, @Allenbaba hinted someone unexpected would be leaving Joe Gibbs at season's end that year and he was correct.

Reactions: Pat
Now that it's a few years in the past I wonder if @Allenbaba may be able to shed any light.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pat
Carl was fake as hell. He tried to come off as like a squeaky clean good guy but it always felt like he was hiding something he just seemed really odd to me. Bipolar maybe. It kind of slipped out when he had the roid rage moment vs kenseth. Plus he always talked about ford this and ford that and how great ford was. Then jumps in a toyota like wtf. What a poser he was
Carl was a bit neurotic, but definitely wasn't bipolar. Don't know if fake is the right word.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Has anyone considered that walking away from Nascar was NOT Carl's decision? He may have stepped over the line as a husband/father and leaving Nascar with his fortune and family intact was the best deal he could make.
That's what I was suggesting. Not like that though. Maybe the crash scared his wife and kids, and it was sort of "Carl, the kids don't want to see you crash like that, they worry dad" kind of deal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom