Carl Long Looking To Make Cup Comeback

InB4 NASCAR screws him again( not that I think it will happen)

Best of luck to him, but sounds like he stills need a good amount $$ to make it to the track.

InB4 NASCAR screws him again( not that I think it will happen)

Best of luck to him, but sounds like he stills need a good amount $$ to make it to the track.

Lol. "$500,000 and 500 owners points. Get out and stay out!"

and another one that had to do with an energy drink of some kind. I think it was his own brand.

I only remember Motorola. They called it a conflict with Sprint-Nextel because Motorola makes cell phones. Robby got around that by having "Motorola Digital Audio Players" sponsor it.

It was funny because they had let Motorola sponsor Ray Evernham's cars.

That Montreal deal still chaps my ass though. Robby being penalized for "not maintaining pace car speed" because he got dumped under yellow. And, at the same time, they let Ambrose keep his spot after he turned Robby under caution.

I only remember Motorola. They called it a conflict with Sprint-Nextel because Motorola makes cell phones. Robby got around that by having "Motorola Digital Audio Players" sponsor it.

It was funny because they had let Motorola sponsor Ray Evernham's cars.

That Montreal deal still chaps my ass though. Robby being penalized for "not maintaining pace car speed" because he got dumped under yellow. And, at the same time, they let Ambrose keep his spot after he turned Robby under caution.

I also remember some driver, I can't remember who, punched Robby where it hurts and Nascar did nothing about it. I saw it on a video clip.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/05...er-then-record-fine-carl-long-returns-to-cup/

"There is a problem.

Less than three days before they will load what will be a green-and-yellow No. 66 Cup car for a trip to Kansas Speedway, Church stands in the doorway of Carl Long’s cramped office, cluttered with a rear axle housing on the floor, and gives Long the news.

“There is no way those headers are going to work,’’ Church said.

The car’s oil pan is not clear of the headers. If left unchecked, the headers will “boil the oil’’ Long says.

They need new headers.

Compared to what Long has experienced in his racing career, it is a minor inconvenience, another sign of the roadblocks the 49-year-old endures to compete in NASCAR."

Stay out of that ditch, Carl.

Favorite Gordon, not to be confused with Gore Don, moment.

He had turned to walk away from ole Smoke following a civil discussion. Ole Smoke – bein’ the fearless individual he is – shoved Gordon from the back.

Gordon turned ‘n took a step towards the mighty Stewart, who looked like his whole life had flashed before his eyes, including his obituary, before others stepped in to prevent Gordon from makin’ a grease spot on the garage floor outta the boy..

Heh, heh, heh...

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/05...er-then-record-fine-carl-long-returns-to-cup/

"There is a problem.

Less than three days before they will load what will be a green-and-yellow No. 66 Cup car for a trip to Kansas Speedway, Church stands in the doorway of Carl Long’s cramped office, cluttered with a rear axle housing on the floor, and gives Long the news.

“There is no way those headers are going to work,’’ Church said.

The car’s oil pan is not clear of the headers. If left unchecked, the headers will “boil the oil’’ Long says.

They need new headers.

Compared to what Long has experienced in his racing career, it is a minor inconvenience, another sign of the roadblocks the 49-year-old endures to compete in NASCAR."

Stay out of that ditch, Carl.
This is a very good article. Reveals that Nascar just forgave the $200K fine... after 8 years. I don't recall whether there were burrs in the relationship between Long and Nascar back at the time of the engine infraction? What should have happened, considering Long's pathetic team and performance, is Nascar should have quietly told Long his motor was off, get your ass out of here, and don't come back until you have your stuff in order. And told the same to Ernie Elliott.

I do agree with Nascar that it cannot be an acceptable defense to say, "I bought the illegal motor from a third party." Joe Gibbs tried that same defense when TRD built motors with lighter rods than the rules allowed. Everyone knows the deal... DO NOT get caught with infractions in motors, fuel, tires.

Favorite Gordon, not to be confused with Gore Don, moment.

He had turned to walk away from ole Smoke following a civil discussion. Ole Smoke – bein’ the fearless individual he is – shoved Gordon from the back.

Gordon turned ‘n took a step towards the mighty Stewart, who looked like his whole life had flashed before his eyes, including his obituary, before others stepped in to prevent Gordon from makin’ a grease spot on the garage floor outta the boy..

Heh, heh, heh...

That's how I remember it too. Ol' Kev learned good from Smoke how to be a badass with your team around unless it's a wuss like Kyle or noncom like Brad.

Is this why he's not racing tomorrow night? I see he is on the entry list but did not practice or qualify. The sponser was on the hood so I'd imagine it was a major one.

Sent from my PLT7100G using Tapatalk
He is racing tomorrow night , there was only 40 cars entered so no one went home.

As much as I like the guy, what exactly is the point of coming back. He has zero chance of even a top 30 finish. As a fan of Carl's I say good luck.

A good point, but some things transcend the odds. Sometimes a person has to chase the impossible elusive dream, just to have the peace of the knowing they at least tried.

A good point, but some things transcend the odds. Sometimes a person has to chase the impossible elusive dream, just to have the peace of the knowing they at least tried.
I think hew has a good chance of finishing in front of Danica........ as long as his equipment holds together...... :cheers:

Maybe somewhere else, but she has a top-20 average here over the last three years, with no DNFs.

Carl has done a great job tonight. I see all kinds of posts here about people hating on the RTA & charters killing the little guys. THIS is the definition of a little guy.

Carl has done a great job tonight. I see all kinds of posts here about people hating on the RTA & charters killing the little guys. THIS is the definition of a little guy.

Better than the typical junk the 23, 33, 55 every week.

Back
Top Bottom