Chad's back...

Revman

Denny beat your favorite driver....again!
Chad signs a two year deal......For you @Johali......GO!

Once HMS/Chevrolet finally gets their act together, this move will pay off. Knaus isn't the problem with the 48 team. I'm not sure what is, but it's certainly not the driver or CC.

I love Chad, and extremely happy that he will be back with Jimmie. Keep in mind, I would love to have him crew chipping one of MY Toyotas, but in reality, this is a great thing....

I love Chad, and extremely happy that he will be back with Jimmie. Keep in mind, I would love to have him crew chipping one of MY Toyotas, but in reality, this is a great thing....

Yeah, I've heard some folks suggest HMS should swap around their crew chiefs to shake things up or whatever. That might have worked back in 2010 or whenever, but I don't think that's the solution to their current troubles.

Yeah, I've heard some folks suggest HMS should swap around their crew chiefs to shake things up or whatever. That might have worked back in 2010 or whenever, but I don't think that's the solution to their current troubles.
I'm afraid they're going to do something over the offseason with Alan and Chase due to the constant chirping about not winning but I hope I'm wrong. I also wonder how much longer Alan wants to continue on as a CC in general.

Kind of surprised, I really kind of thought Chad was over it and would transition to another role at HMS. It’s cool they are going out together. I’ll be cheering like mad for them to get that 8th Cup and how they take on today’s drivers/teams at the top of their games as well as the youth movement. Chad and Jimmie are just about the last of the old guard left.

Hehe, the first thing crossed my mind after seeing the title, Chad got bused for cheating again, so good job Rev.

I am not surprised that Chad is going to be with Jimmie for what could be his final two years in Cup.

I'm afraid they're going to do something over the offseason with Alan and Chase due to the constant chirping about not winning but I hope I'm wrong. I also wonder how much longer Alan wants to continue on as a CC in general.
I think it needs to happen, I thinks time for CC change .

Very welcomed news that I missed until the broadcast brought it up. I couldn’t see these 2 not finishing it out together. Legendary combination.

I am happy for them. At the rate this season is going for Jimmie Johnson or Chad Knaus, it would have been an unrepresentative and unfair swansong for the two, so am I glad that they will get a chance to show a resurgence the next two years.

I am happy for them. At the rate this season is going for Jimmie Johnson or Chad Knaus, it would have been an unrepresentative and unfair swansong for the two, so am I glad that they will get a chance to show a resurgence the next two years.
Your assuming there is still fire in the belly. Maybe they just want the paycheck.

Your assuming there is still fire in the belly. Maybe they just want the paycheck.
I hope there is still fire in the belly. Going for just a paycheck during the next seasons would be utterly lousy, and a let-down for their fans, imo.

Chad’s a really good actor if he doesn’t actually have the desire to win anymore.

Could it be the man in charge? I don't mean Rick but there is someone who over sees the entire operation.
Maybe he just isn't pushing as hard or maybe he has just let each team work by themselves.
Here is an example: Team Penske
It has been reported that Joey likes to do things his way and his set ups are different than the other two.
Last Sunday they said they had to put Brad's set up in his car to try and keep up. The problem is, Brad is just running slightly better than Joey. The 12 car is the best of the three with a less experienced driver and yet he out drives them until a mistake is made. The #4 out drives all Fords and I think it is because of the CC.
Back to HMS, could it be the CC's are not working together? Could it be the whole shop is on cruise control and no one is thinking outside the box? Why are they having so much trouble going through inspection?

That's such a stupid argument...I can't even imagine how much money the two of them must have already...two more seasons of "paychecks" probably isn't needed to complete their 401k plans...

That has been the way at HMS for years even with Gordon driving.

Only in a couple seasons did Jeff and Robbie/Steve/Alan ever out perform Chad and Jimmie, and then only by the narrowest of margins and still didn't end up with anything to show for it. For the last two seasons, other than the victory column, Chase and Alan have out performed the other three teams in every meaningful category.

I don't let the shiny sphere of race wins totally blind my judgement of a team's performance. Wins are important, but they don't tell the whole story. The 24 team last year finished better in 22 of the 36 races, scored 12 top 5's to 4, scored 21 top 5's to 11, led 560 laps to 217, average start 10.8 to 16.9, average finish 12.0 to 16.8, RAF 32-29, LLF 27-25 and finished five positions higher in the points standings. Those three magic weekends the 48 had aside, week in and week out, the 24 car was the by far the biggest threat to damage to the competition. Three good weekends out of 36 doesn't cut it for me, how about you?

I think signing Chad plays a lot bigger role in securing sponsorship for next season than most (including HMS) are willing to admit. Think about would you rather put your name on a car with a 7 time championship crew chief driver combo or a 7 time champion driver and a some guy that's never called a race for JJ? Maybe its Chad? Maybe its JJ? But are you willing to put your money into that experiment to see if JJ can win without Chad on the box?

I don't let the shiny sphere of race wins totally blind my judgement of a team's performance. Wins are important, but they don't tell the whole story. The 24 team last year finished better in 22 of the 36 races, scored 12 top 5's to 4, scored 21 top 5's to 11, led 560 laps to 217, average start 10.8 to 16.9, average finish 12.0 to 16.8, RAF 32-29, LLF 27-25 and finished five positions higher in the points standings. Those three magic weekends the 48 had aside, week in and week out, the 24 car was the by far the biggest threat to damage to the competition. Three good weekends out of 36 doesn't cut it for me, how about you?
Heyyy
upload_2018-7-17_16-29-36.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom