Chase Elliott is literally the worst, and nobody cares

I’d like to see a long running feud between Chase and Chastain for no other reason than I don’t care much for or about either right now and Busch and Hamlin are getting old. Oh I still want good racing but since Ross still seems poised to be hated by most and Chase has become bland and boring…It would give people a new thing to talk about. And for this years most popular driver Id love the irony of it being either Bad Brad or or Kyle Busch.

One can dream.

Not everyone likes an extrovert. Sometimes it just nice to have the quiet guy. Not having a personality is the dumbest reason why I hear people say they don't like Chase.
The list of reasons used to be longer but he started checking those off one by one. This is their last remaining straw they have and it's the most high school girl sounding **** I've ever heard. That and constant complaints that he wins most popular. OH NO!!

Elliott has a right to race hard, but door slapping a team mate who is racing in the Chase for all the marbles and acting dumb about it is just stupid in all kinds of ways. Apologies at least are necessary but none came.

Reactions: sdj
The list of reasons used to be longer but he started checking those off one by one. This is their last remaining straw they have and it's the most high school girl sounding **** I've ever heard. That and constant complaints that he wins most popular. OH NO!!
Probably the same people who for years complained Jr won it without winning races.

Elliott has a right to race hard, but door slapping a team mate who is racing in the Chase for all the marbles and acting dumb about it is just stupid in all kinds of ways. Apologies at least are necessary but none came.
He deserves an apology when Larson quits hitting his teammate with no consequences for him. This was the third times he's done it. California, Watkins Glen, and now Kansas. Let's not act like Larson is an angel in it.

He deserves an apology when Larson quits hitting his teammate with no consequences for him. This was the third times he's done it. California, Watkins Glen, and now Kansas. Let's not act like Larson is an angel in it.
You can use rationalization all ya want and keep track for years to make yourself feel better. That doesn't change anything. Larson is in the Chase, Elliott isn't.

Tyler B had a zing to it, Chase B doesnt have the same edge. Does he have to be a Chase (C class) to make it all sync up.

Tyler B+
Cha3e

Who will be next on WhiningSmoke’s hit list?

The way I hear tale is that Mr Alan Gustafson drove down there from Charlotte hisself and added the Tungsten weight to the chassis.
All true, he had it covered in Martinsville hotdog wrappers which was his downfall, everybody wants a Martinsville track dog and Ricky Brooks tried to sneak one and BINGO, got him!

Chase never did anything to me but I just can’t warm up to him and don’t understand how he’s the most popular driver every year. He seems kinda flat. Maybe thats a whole issue with the drivers right now. Few outside of Chastain have much real personality. Though in his case it’s a double edged sword.

In the eyes of the fans and media, a driver's behavior will eventually cause people to stop caring how justified a driver is in their frustration, and care more about what said driver does with that frustration and temper. And at that point, he's seen as a polarizing "hot head", like Harvick was, Busch at one point, Logano.

We are seeing that very shift happen in real time after Chase's dooring of Larson. He's lost the benefit of being "justifiably upset" at this point in the eyes of a lot of the fandom and the media.

What some Elliott fans haven't quite warmed up to yet is that Chase Elliott, the MPD is the hothead of today's cup series. He just is. He's the temper throwing hothead of today. Like Tony, Harvick, Logano etc before him. He's had enough run ins. He's that guy.

And it's absolutely great and potentially so great for the sport.

I love it.

Chase can't stand a lot of his competitors. Some of his competitors can't stand him. He's already polarizing now.

Imagine if he leaned into this? NASCAR's MPD becomes the villain of the sport? With his gift of sarcasm and trolling the media?

Man would that be so so fun.

Chase has already said he and Kyle moved past it, and he took the blame. But man, who cares?

Chase Elliott going full villain would be absolutely fantastic. I would hop aboard the fan train at that point.

He already has mastered ****ting on the media.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Very interesting perspective. I am in that portion of his fan base that you are talking about that does not see him as THE villain of NASCAR right now. I think that honor goes to Ross or Denny. This season has been a huge disappointment for Chase though and I am more concerned mainly about how bad they ran and particularly how bad they qualified all year than anything else. Changes are needed.

Chase never did anything to me but I just can’t warm up to him and don’t understand how he’s the most popular driver every year. He seems kinda flat. Maybe thats a whole issue with the drivers right now. Few outside of Chastain have much real personality. Though in his case it’s a double edged sword.
He is the most popular because of how popular his dad was and how many of his fans naturally progressed to Chase. That combined with him actually being a good driver just coming into his "prime" driving years with many wins and a championship already under his belt. I went to 3 races this season, Richmond in April, Loudon in July and Talledega in October and honestly it was not even close going by gear people were wearing. The only other driver that stuck out at all was Larson and it seems to me many of them are just bandwagon jumpers. All this said, it seems to be becoming "trendy" to rip on Chase and come up with reasons to not like him. He has a very low-key personality just like his old man.

He is the most popular because of how popular his dad was and how many of his fans naturally progressed to Chase. That combined with him actually being a good driver just coming into his "prime" driving years with many wins and a championship already under his belt. I went to 3 races this season, Richmond in April, Loudon in July and Talledega in October and honestly it was not even close going by gear people were wearing. The only other driver that stuck out at all was Larson and it seems to me many of them are just bandwagon jumpers. All this said, it seems to be becoming "trendy" to rip on Chase and come up with reasons to not like him. He has a very low-key personality just like his old man.
I'd bet on Chase having a Revenge Tour type season next year, like 5 wins plus. Also I wear Larson gear lmao I hope I'm not a bandwagon jumper... he's filled the void for me as a Jeff Gordon fan.

I'd bet on Chase having a Revenge Tour type season next year, like 5 wins plus. Also I wear Larson gear lmao I hope I'm not a bandwagon jumper... he's filled the void for me as a Jeff Gordon fan.
I forgot to mention that Chase is also popular because of his connection to Dale JR driving his car to a championship in the Xfinity series, and also connection to Gordon for taking over his ride. Interesting that you did not resonate to Chase given he was the up and coming "it" guy when Gordon retired and was taking over his car. I should not have implied that all Larson fans are bandwagon jumpers because that's obviously not true. I just hardly ever saw any gear for him or knew Larson fans until he won a title.

I hope Chase comes hungry next year and that team gets back to previous form. He was really consistent most of the year, but it was consistently a 10th place car.

I’ve been a Larson fan since his 2013 Daytona wreck. I like dirt racing more than NASCAR too so it was a good fit and he was coming in as my former favorite Jeff Burton was leaving.

Chase performed some amazing things to win his championship at a relatively young age. The next season he had somewhat unexpected competition from Larson, and it was a harder climb. After being the regular season champ, he STILL couldn’t get back to the championship in 2022, which was frustrating. This past year started off with a thud (and a crack), missed time, tougher sledding to compete (pun intended), culminating in a blow up over Hamcrap‘s typical BS and getting suspended. None of this may matter IF it helps him gain a stronger resolve toward getting better. I think it will.

Chase performed some amazing things to win his championship at a relatively young age. The next season he had somewhat unexpected competition from Larson, and it was a harder climb. After being the regular season champ, he STILL couldn’t get back to the championship in 2022, which was frustrating. This past year started off with a thud (and a crack), missed time, tougher sledding to compete (pun intended), culminating in a blow up over Hamcrap‘s typical BS and getting suspended. None of this may matter IF it helps him gain a stronger resolve toward getting better. I think it will.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying except "relatively" young age. I believe Chase was tied with Gordon for youngest ever champ in the modern era. At least I remember hearing something like that anyway. I think 2021 he and most everyone was caught off guard with the year Larson had. 2022 though he had a better year than Larson and I became particularly frustrated with Larson because in his 2 wins in 2022 he used Chase up both times. I grow increasingly tired of hearing how "talented" Larson is. Yes - he's great and even as a Chase fan I'd say Larson has more "raw talent" with all his dirt track experience but if you are so good then you should be able to win clean. What is interesting is that even as good as the 9 was in 2022, their performance fell off toward the end of the season and has not completely recovered since. I will say though that his performance was not as bad as some would have you believe in 2023. His top 5 rate was a little down but his top 10 rate was virtually the same as it always is. He could have made the playoffs on points after missing 6 races if not for his move on Hamlin and a blown tire at Michigan. Also had a win IN THE BAG at the Roval if not for an UNBELIEVABLY bad timed caution for him. I know that's a lot of what if's but I think they are primed for a bounce back year much like 2022 was. They just need to find some qualifying speed. That's the biggest mystery to me - qualifying in the high teens and 20's a lot all year. They did finish 2nd at Fontana before he got hurt so it would be interesting to see how they could have built on that momentum. One frustrating thing for me though was the interview I saw with him at Phoenix where he completely contradicted himself. He was asked if missing the races is what killed his season and he said "no" and the only difference it would have made is that they probably would have made the round of 8but he did not see it as making any difference on the team's lack of speed. He was then asked what the team would do in the offseason to improve and he said "there is no substitute for being at the track" which makes no sense based on previous statement and has me a little down about their chances of improving but we will see.

17th-18th in points in the top tier or 2nd best Hendrick car out of the 4? Yikes.

I thought the way he turned dead left into Hamlin was pathetic lol. Maybe one of the most embarrassing moments of the NASCAR season in 2023.

not a good year at all.

17th-18th in points in the top tier or 2nd best Hendrick car out of the 4? Yikes.

I thought the way he turned dead left into Hamlin was pathetic lol. Maybe one of the most embarrassing moments of the NASCAR season in 2023.

not a good year at all.

I don't think 17th is really so bad considering how many races he got 0 points. I'd actually say finishing 17th is pretty impressive. Agreed on how he wrecked Denny and that it was not a good year.

I don't think 17th is really so bad considering how many races he got 0 points. I'd actually say finishing 17th is pretty impressive. Agreed on how he wrecked Denny and that it was not a good year.
Right? The fact that he had a shot to make the playoffs on points after missing that many races is amazing. I'd be concerned if he made all the races and then finished 17th. I don't think it was going to be a great year for him either way but if he had not been hurt he easily would have made the round of 8 which is not a bad season.

As for the move on Hamlin, I am not going to defend it and say it was OK but again, as I have said before, I doubt Hamlin will run him into the wall like that again and ruin his day. Hamlin loves to bitch about the way others race all the time but takes little responsibility for himself.

Everyone also seems to forget that HMS has ALWAYS had issues keeping all 4 cars up to speed. For many years JR was not competitive and then when the 88 found speed the 5 seemed to lose it. I have always felt like HMS is not great about sharing info evenly among their teams.

You'll notice the original poster dropped this in the litter box and hasn't returned to it since. It just lies here in the Speedy-Dri, uncovered and aromatic.

Don't feed trolls.

Back
Top Bottom