Chase Elliott

414503772.jpg

Well, there goes the “Hendrick cheats at road courses” argument from Door Bumper Clear. Maybe, just maybe, the man is damn good at it...

The trickiest part for the first timers like Chase , will be rain at night. To put it lightly , its insane.
And if your windows then fog, how do they say it in NY "fugetaboutit "!

IDK if Elliott does really well in his stints behind the wheel in a first time all strange IMSA car, despite his saying he isn't that good of a road racer, I'm going to say he is a natural.

Unfortunately that wasn't a lap he ran . That was Mike Conway. IMSA shows the fastest lap by car number and then lists the current driver. Chase was slowest in his class in the two sessions he ran but I'm sure he will pick up speed with more seat time.

1611425539311.png

1611425613198.png

I haven't been a Chase Elliott supporter for very long.

Talented, successful people who step out of their comfort zone with a good chance of embarrassing themselves earn my respect.

Jimmie was a bit over three-quarters of a second quicker on average.

On the other hand, this past Sunday was setting up to be an all-timer asskicking.

That's why I keep telling everyone, Bell wasn't as close as he and Stevens would like to think/say they were. Chase was coasting. And the best part, Chase said on the radio his car was driving like **** lol.

That's why I keep telling everyone, Bell wasn't as close as he and Stevens would like to think/say they were. Chase was coasting. And the best part, Chase said on the radio his car was driving like **** lol.
Exactly. Bell or Hamlin would get within a second and it looked like they had a shot, then Eddie would tell Chase that "he's charging the braking zones real hard." I think that was code for "let's go" and Chase would immediately get it back out to 1.7 seconds or so. Chase was going to stink it up, and when he even gained on what would be the last pit stop, Nascar threw the caution for drama. Yeah, I'm salty.

Exactly. Bell or Hamlin would get within a second and it looked like they had a shot, then Eddie would tell Chase that "he's charging the braking zones real hard." I think that was code for "let's go" and Chase would immediately get it back out to 1.7 seconds or so. Chase was going to stink it up, and when he even gained on what would be the last pit stop, Nascar threw the caution for drama. Yeah, I'm salty.
I feel you brother. Salt it up.

Bell was just cruising buying his time. He knew he had what it would take to pass Chase for the win with a caution or no caution.
Sorry, had to use the same argument you just put out there with Chase. :)

Oh some folks aren't gonna like this

Some people may interpret this as giving Chase an advantage getting to test at a new track, given how much better he already is at road courses than everyone else anyway. However I think it makes sense to have the clear best road racer in the series testing to get the best/most accurate results.

Ok. Score settled. Chase had the fastest car. I don’t think many people other than 1 or 2 in the world tried to say he didn’t, and to no one’s surprise they kept the argument rolling for the last 6 days around here

Congrats to Chase on his championship. I think he will win another race or two guys... one got away from him thanks to a rainbow and some raindrops in turn 2 of road course. Thankfully they throw another green flag later today. Enjoy

Ok. Score settled. Chase had the fastest car. I don’t think many people other than 1 or 2 in the world tried to say he didn’t, and to no one’s surprise they kept the argument rolling for the last 6 days around here

Congrats to Chase on his championship. I think he will win another race or two guys... one got away from him thanks to a rainbow and some raindrops in turn 2 of road course. Thankfully they throw another green flag later today. Enjoy
Thanks for the pep talk. I'm still pissed.

Chase won 6 races and a championship last year. He easily could’ve won 3 times this year already. Why his fan base acts like they pull for Aric Almirola or Ryan Preece with the worlds smallest violin is beyond me. He’ll probably win today

Chase won 6 races and a championship last year. He easily could’ve won 3 times this year already. Why his fan base acts like they pull for Aric Almirola or Ryan Preece with the worlds smallest violin is beyond me. He’ll probably win today
I believe it comes from losing more races in extremely close or heartbreaking fashion than winning.

Also, the first half of last season was the only time that team was a threat to win each week. Their performance tapered off in the later half. I can honestly say that their speed in the playoffs was very surprising and I think it also caught some other teams off guard.

I’d assume that the fans are always expecting some BS to happen.

a reasonable thought like this will get ignored. But I appreciate it.

I believe it comes from losing more races in extremely close or heartbreaking fashion than winning.
Could be.

I find it refreshing that Elliott had those experiences and didn’t find it necessary to refer to any of his peers as dipschits or to get on Twitter 5 hours after a race to argue with people about whether or not one of his capable journeyman competitors had a tire issue.

Grownup.

Could be.

I find it refreshing that Elliott had those experiences and didn’t find it necessary to refer to any of his peers as dipschits or to get on Twitter 5 hours after a race to argue with people about whether or not one of his capable journeyman competitors had a tire issue.

Grownup.
Comparing a Cup champion groomed by Bill Elliott and Hendrick Motorsports to a Xfinity driver who has spent most of his NASCAR career racing for Kyle Busch? You’re gonna see dramatic differences in maturity.

“Presidential type” attitudes aren’t the keys to success. Some of the sport’s best were without it. Wallace, Earnhardt, Gordon, Harvick, both Busch’s, and the list goes on. Robotic public relations isn’t for everyone.

For what it’s worth, Chase has said plenty over the radio and has made several over aggressive errors in judgement on his way to a championship. I’m sure he’ll have his fair share of having more.

Comparing a Cup champion groomed by Bill Elliott and Hendrick Motorsports to a Xfinity driver who has spent most of his NASCAR career racing for Kyle Busch? You’re gonna see dramatic differences in maturity.

“Presidential type” attitudes aren’t the keys to success. Some of the sport’s best were without it. Wallace, Earnhardt, Gordon, Harvick, both Busch’s, and the list goes on. Robotic public relations isn’t for everyone.

For what it’s worth, Chase has said plenty over the radio and has made several over aggressive errors in judgement on his way to a championship. I’m sure he’ll have his fair share of having more.
Comparing one human being to another. This stuff begins at home.

I’m sure you’re correct ... Elliott will have his share. I’m equally sure he’ll have far more of them than Gragson will. In the meantime, I will wait patiently for CE to call somebody a dipschit on national television.

I wonder if Kelley Earnhardt Miller has organized a Monday Zoom meeting with JRM sponsors’ media / PR people yet?

Comparing one human being to another. This stuff begins at home.
I was told this was whataboutism.
I’m sure you’re correct ... Elliott will have his share. I’m equally sure he’ll have far more of them than Gragson will. In theI will wait patiently for CE to call somebody a dipschit on national television.
Chase and Noah aren’t the same. Expecting them to be isn’t productive.

Although Gordon did call Keselowski ******* on national television and and Kyle Busch is tantrum prone. The representatives of his molding organizations have set a precedent. He’ll be fine.

I was told this was whataboutism...

Chase and Noah aren’t the same. Expecting them to be isn’t productive.

Although Gordon did call Keselowski ******* on national television and and Kyle Busch is tantrum prone. The representatives of his molding organizations have set a precedent. He’ll be fine.
Now you’re being obtuse. Whataboutism was your area in The Mayfield Saga.

I don’t expect them to be the same. I expect the kid will be fine ... after he figures out how to use the coping mechanisms presented to him by his professional advisers.

It's not hard to understand. It's part of being a fan. And a fan of only 1 driver. You want them to win every week which obviously isn't going to happen, so when the opportunity comes and slips away it sucks. It's no different than rooting for your favorite football team or whatever else. And let's face, the guy has had races ripped away from him every which way.

It's strange the way people critique other fan bases. Root for your guy the way you want and leave others to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom