Chase Elliott

Chase won 6 races and a championship last year. He easily could’ve won 3 times this year already. Why his fan base acts like they pull for Aric Almirola or Ryan Preece with the worlds smallest violin is beyond me. He’ll probably win today

tenor.gif

Outrunning the road course king..Jimmie can still wheel it in such a car, and that's not surprising.

Odd clunker by Adam Gufs today. Car was pretty junk, oddly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wow. They did it. They actually did it.

That said, as a huge Bill Elliott fan, I have conflicted emotions about reliving one of his most painful defeats. My father was a huge AK fan then, and that Atlanta season finale was likely the greatest race I ever watched, results be damned.

I don't think they give prizes for originality do they? I believe it is to honor Kulwicki and the long history of Hooters supporting the series
Hooters grabbing low hanging fruit.

Interpret that how you may.

We often see posters complaining because some throwback schemes deviate from the original.

Interpret that how you may.
Theres good throwbacks and theres bad throwbacks.

This is a good throwback. It’s also an easy and repeated throwback.

We’ll probably see another Gordon rainbow, another Wallace black Miller, and another Waltrip western auto.

That’s not a bad thing.

I think they should have the reporters/announcers dress in period correct clothing of the era, have a contest for best costume for the crowd to participate in for prizes while they are at it.

I think they should have the reporters/announcers dress in period correct clothing of the era, have a contest for best costume for the crowd to participate in for prizes while they are at it.
Like Goodwood for ‘necks.

Wow. They did it. They actually did it.

That said, as a huge Bill Elliott fan, I have conflicted emotions about reliving one of his most painful defeats. My father was a huge AK fan then, and that Atlanta season finale was likely the greatest race I ever watched, results be damned.
That race was epic. I went to see Petty's last race. It was also Gordon's first cup start.

I was passing through Hampton in March or April 1992 and we stopped at the Hooters because Kulwickis car was on display.
We went inside and Alan was there doing autographs. It wasn't planned but really great to luck into the moment.
There wasn't a great crowd to get his autograph at least in terms of what Dale, Davey or Bill would have attracted. Then people looked my way and started cheering because Richard Petty was standing nearby and long line was quickly formed.

Alan snuck up on everyone and no reasonable person could have predicted that he would be the 92 champion. He deserved and earned the championship but it was also the greatest underdog story in the history of sports in my opinion.
But it was also surrounded by so many other significant things.
Petty's last race, Gordon's first.
It was Davey's, Bill's and Junior Johnson's last real championship opportunity.
It was bittersweet on many levels.

Somebody could do a hell of a documentary on all the story lines. One that deserves the Ken Burns type of treatment or production.

Besides the Biff one(which looks wrong, as it’s not the right colors, at least from this one) this is the first one that’s actually got Hooters on it, AND looks right... other than well not being a Ford I guess.

The other two with the right colors and look, don’t say Hooters. So at least we’re probably getting the best version of this yet.

All I know is I want a Chase throwback to one of Bills awesome McDonald's schemes

Besides the Biff one(which looks wrong, as it’s not the right colors, at least from this one) this is the first one that’s actually got Hooters on it, AND looks right... other than well not being a Ford I guess.

The other two with the right colors and look, don’t say Hooters. So at least we’re probably getting the best version of this yet.
The white side skirts bug me a little. Maybe I have OCD, but Kulwicki's car was solid orange on the bottom.

The white side skirts bug me a little. Maybe I have OCD, but Kulwicki's car was solid orange on the bottom.

I ain’t even notice that haha.

But yeah, that’s slightly off then but still probably the best one we’ve had yet with this throwback.

Yeah, honestly he needs to quit doing really poor NAPA interpretations of his father's schemes. I want to see a throwback to his Nationwide rookie/champ scheme. Maybe a DEI NAPA scheme as well. That is if she-who-shan't-be-named would even allow...

Back
Top Bottom