Chase Elliott

Yeah, as I said before, I wish I listened to them more. Dr. Unc probably has better insight here as to what the communication style is like

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Boring. It's very boring. ;)

Quick question, nothing personal: When you were a kid, did they make you wear a helmet on the schoolbus? You're going to tell me that Toyota did not have a factory team in F1? OK chief. You can hide behind TRD semantics all you want.
The story is well known. They came into F-1 with bucket loads of money, got beat, left with their tails behind their legs. Case closed without all of the ah choo's and gazoo's.

Okay, now that that is out of the way, Toyota GmbH fielded a team in F1. TRD had absolutely nothing to do with it. TRD USA is the North American entity that runs racing programs here, and operates on its own. So, if one was in a motorsport enthusiast circle, and stated that TRD was in F1, you would laughed out of said circle. It's not an issue of semantics, Toyota Gazoo (which used to be Toyota GmbH) and TRD do not share information, etc. TRD reports to Toyota North America (Bob Carter, Bill Fay, Jack Hollis) while Toyota Gazoo reports directly to Toyota Japan (Akio Toyota). I know you don't care about my explanation, but I will be honest in telling you that there is something satisfying about giving one to highlight your ignorance on the issue--particularly after the insulting comments in your post. Get better.

The story is well known. They came into F-1 with bucket loads of money, got beat, left with their tails behind their legs. Case closed without all of the ah choo's and gazoo's.
This is true....I would add beaten badly. The F1 team was a mess, but I watched every single race they ran in. Up at 4:00 a.m. Pacific. Don't regret it for a single second. It's about being a fan. Interestingly, Pascal Vasselon is the guy who ran that program, and he has found much success with the Hypercar program....but there are reasons for that you don't care about....

This is true....I would add beaten badly. The F1 team was a mess, but I watched every single race they ran in. Up at 4:00 a.m. Pacific. Don't regret it for a single second. It's about being a fan. Interestingly, Pascal Vasselon is the guy who ran that program, and he has found much success with the Hypercar program....but there are reasons for that you don't care about....
I’d be interested in hearing more. Surprising that Toyota’s foray into F1 didn’t yield more accomplishments.

I’d be interested in hearing more. Surprising that Toyota’s foray into F1 didn’t yield more accomplishments.
Toyota wanted to enter with a V-12 and had one ready until a late rule change necessitated the development of a V-10. Once behind always behind in F1 for sure. They were on their heels from word go, and tried to throw money everywhere to fix it. If it was just about the money....never is. They tried like hell to land great drivers--nobody would come. Then, they took chances on B Listers...and they didn't pan out either. It became a complete mess. Toyota said they saw more relevance in WEC, and thus, pulled the F1 plug. I enjoyed the ride. I really did. There was always hope for a miracle. It never came, but I have 0 regrets investing time in it. F1 is freaking cool.

Fascinating piece....I mean oil engineered to the specific track. Holy ****. Love this stuff.

Toyota wanted to enter with a V-12 and had one ready until a late rule change necessitated the development of a V-10. Once behind always behind in F1 for sure. They were on their heels from word go, and tried to throw money everywhere to fix it. If it was just about the money....never is. They tried like hell to land great drivers--nobody would come. Then, they took chances on B Listers...and they didn't pan out either. It became a complete mess. Toyota said they saw more relevance in WEC, and thus, pulled the F1 plug. I enjoyed the ride. I really did. There was always hope for a miracle. It never came, but I have 0 regrets investing time in it. F1 is freaking cool.
For what they had and who they had, the F1 project really wasn’t a complete failure. It just didn’t meet up to the lofty expectations of the largest car company in the world. They had Schumi the younger as one of their drivers, as well as Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock. Come to think of it, I want to say Olivier Panis was another notable driver I think they signed on at one point. None of those guys were exactly elite, cunning talents, but none of them were slouches either. I think almost all of them landed podiums with Toyota and probably experienced a couple of near misses. Pretty big case of what could have been. I’d like to see them return as I much prefer more diversity amongst the manufacturer teams.

For what they had and who they had, the F1 project really wasn’t a complete failure. It just didn’t meet up to the lofty expectations of the largest car company in the world. They had Schumi the younger as one of their drivers, as well as Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock. Come to think of it, I want to say Olivier Panis was another notable driver I think they signed on at one point. None of those guys were exactly elite, cunning talents, but none of them were slouches either. I think almost all of them landed podiums with Toyota and probably experienced a couple of near misses. Pretty big case of what could have been. I’d like to see them return as I much prefer more diversity amongst the manufacturer teams.
Problem is with all of those drivers you mentioned....they were paid like they were elite, and they weren't. WE did okay, but at the end of the day, you have to win.

Chase doesn’t care, and the fans don’t either. Y’all have a good off season 😎

Chase doesn’t care, and the fans don’t either. Y’all have a good off season 😎
Chase may not even care more but his fans do, just read a race thread. They are passionate.

It looks like Elliott will be racing with Larson in Ventura California this weekend.
1637397178450.png

It looks like Chase made it to the dirt race in Northern California and had good reactions from the fans.

It looks like Chase made it to the dirt race in Northern California and had good reactions from the fans.
It was the best showing I have seen him do. He spun once in the early heats, but they let him in the feature as a provisional for the 100 lapper and he made up some spots from the rear, ran a clean race which is more than be said for Larson who had a terrible night and was involved in three cautions.

It was the best showing I have seen him do. He spun once in the early heats, but they let him in the feature as a provisional for the 100 lapper and he made up some spots from the rear, ran a clean race which is more than be said for Larson who had a terrible night and was involved in three cautions.
They will both be in Ventura Sat night. I'm so bummed that Ventura changed the race from Thur to Sat this year. I have been to the past 4 turkey night midget races there. But I am going to the 1st annual Turkey Shootout cash slot car race on Sat night. I figured I will try to make some money instead of spending money. I won the warm up race they had last night and pocketed about $300.00 this week... but next week there will be a couple grand up for grabs. :)

Larson who had a terrible night and was involved in three cautions.
Your candle burned out long before your legend ever did. --Elton John.....Back to Top Ramen.

Back
Top Bottom