Chicago - 2023

I’m really not against Richmond & Atlanta losing a race if it means more variety and new ovals too. I’m glad to see the support they had for Michigan at 1 race.

I’d love to see the advanced numbers on how bad Ty Dillon really is. The 77 ain’t much but honest work as a driver. lol

I've looked at it (for giggles) as I'm an MGM member and live 5 hours away. $2,500 a night with grandstand tickets for 2 people. The package is 3 nights, and 4-day tickets for 2 people... $7,500. Plus $20/night to park (unless they're jacking that up) and $35/night resort fee BS. And that's at the **** hotels that go for $30 or less a night pretty much all the time midweek.

It's nucking futz.
Downtown Chicago has $30.00 a night hotels mid week?

I don't give a **** what the whiners are saying about this race. I am jacked. You can't look at it from an old school perspective. On a street course--very much like Monaco--have your **** together on Saturday. You had better be up front. This is a two day race. Get it right....Not sure who I like for this one....better be precise....Truex is rolling.

I don't give a **** what the whiners are saying about this race. I am jacked. You can't look at it from an old school perspective. On a street course--very much like Monaco--have your **** together on Saturday. You had better be up front. This is a two day race. Get it right....Not sure who I like for this one....better be precise....Truex is rolling.
It's not one of his home tracks, he will be lost.

Oh, and never make eye contact on the bus or train.
Having traveled to most of all the large cities in the US, this is something that has always perplexed me. Not sure if your comment was in jest, but for me reality seems to be most people that use public transportation put on their zombie faces when they leave home in the morning. Is that really intentional and if so why?
I was raised in a small town, so I probably look at things differently.

Gives everybody an idea how rigid these cars are. They put them on the ground and basically tie them down like a go cart. I dont think I saw the front travel an inch during that run, the rear was much more active.
The front wheel rates are right up there for sure.

Really good turn-in for the street circuit 90’s but bad over the bumps and manhole covers. A new challenge for the systems engineers.

The front wheel rates are right up there for sure.

Really good turn-in for the street circuit 90’s but bad over the bumps and manhole covers. A new challenge for the systems engineers.
I wonder how much "true" data they have? Did Bozi post anything on that and you're right really good turn for the 90's but man I think they put way too many these 90 degree "kill zones" on the circuit

I'm just looking forward to seeing these guys adapt to a course where they can't abuse track limits and cut corners.

It might not end up being the most exciting race, but it'll be challenging for drivers who are used to a level of aggression that they'll have to rachet back.

I'm just looking forward to seeing these guys adapt to a course where they can't abuse track limits and cut corners.

It might not end up being the most exciting race, but it'll be challenging for drivers who are used to a level of aggression that they'll have to rachet back.
I kind of agree with this in a way, and as the race gets closer I’ve been trying to adjust the scope of my expectations. To be perfectly honest, seeing a stock car race on a street I’ve had no desire to see and would prefer if they were raving on a traditional oval instead but…this will be a different type of racing in that I think aggression will have to be dialed down as drivers come and go through the field as margin for error will be tight if not nil. When DW was announcing he used to say “you have to race the race track!” I think this will be all the more true once these fellas get in their cars not only for the race itself but the entire weekend. I think the drivers that embrace that mindset will have a good weekend. It will really be different than anything I’ve seen since I’ve become a nascar fan.

Having traveled to most of all the large cities in the US, this is something that has always perplexed me. Not sure if your comment was in jest, but for me reality seems to be most people that use public transportation put on their zombie faces when they leave home in the morning. Is that really intentional and if so why?
I was raised in a small town, so I probably look at things differently.
Not joking. The short answer is there are people on public transportation that are not stable and a look is all it takes to set them off. My no look policy came from a bad experience on a CTA bus. Better safe than sorry.

Back
Top Bottom