Chicago Bonehead

There was no 10 minute limit when I was doing it. Hot pit stops just the way God intended, and until 2003 no requirement for helmets and fire suits except for fuelers either.
Thats nice, before I became a spotter I was rear tire changer, live stops with wide 5's, fun stuff but I still don't know the ends and outs of the TV world and how and why they do things. Seriously, you should apply and give them your wisdom and set them straight.

popcorn-muncher.gif

The Jackman has come out with guns blazing today

LOL.

I agree NASCAR had to do something in this instance, but penalizing Bubba and not penalizing Chase shows that this is so obviously a "we have to do something to Bubba because social media is outraged" penalty.

And now the racist mob on X is saying Carson Hocevar shouldn't have been penalized at all for hooking a car under yellow - when Hocevar SHOULD have been parked for that.

LOL.

I agree NASCAR had to do something in this instance, but penalizing Bubba and not penalizing Chase shows that this is so obviously a "we have to do something to Bubba because social media is outraged" penalty.

And now the racist mob on X is saying Carson Hocevar shouldn't have been penalized at all for hooking a car under yellow - when Hocevar SHOULD have been parked for that.
I swear Reddit and Twitter can cause NASCAR to issue penalties if they scream loud enough. It doesn’t even feel like NASCAR is in control of that. Social media is.

I swear Reddit and Twitter can cause NASCAR to issue penalties if they scream loud enough. It doesn’t even feel like NASCAR is in control of that. Social media is.

I've been saying that since the penalty for Kevin Harvick's window several years ago. Harvick passed postrace technical inspection, then got the hammer days later because of Reddit posts.

Then there was the Richmond 2013 deal and adding Jeff Gordon to the playoff field, disqualifying Truex from the playoffs, and then finding a way to make sure a penalty didn't affect Clint Bowyer (who was also super popular). That entire ****show was drawn up by Twitter.

After Bubba got married he seemed to be a bit more mellow and I thought with a baby on the way he'd become even more level headed but now I'm not too sure.

I thought that the Larson incident and corresponding suspension would get his attention but obviously I was wrong. If he ends up with a 25 point deduction from the incident with Bowman it will all but eliminate him from the playoffs.

LOL.

Ideally you’d like to see uniformity when it comes to discipline but NASCAR is not known for consistency. It’s just how it is.

Ideally you’d like to see uniformity when it comes to discipline but NASCAR is not known for consistency. It’s just how it is.

I genuinely, whole-heartedly believe spinning someone under caution is a malignant foul that should result in a driver being parked (or suspended the following week) and a points penalty.

Same with wrecking someone for a championship, like we've seen Ricky Stenhouse, Sam Mayer and Carson Hocevar all do.

Two things that NASCAR has all but endorsed.

That's great in your little fiefdom, but what about the city or TV wanting a later date and in TV's case they are paying the bills.
Ya see how easy it is to blow away the idea when life gets in the way, instead of 20/20 hindsight?
At some point you have to do what is right and what makes sense instead of whoring for every last dollar and going along with every stupid idea that comes down the pike.
What if they do? Problem?
I question how effective they would be on a street course, but if it means the race can go the advertised distance, have at it. If nothing else, it will probably highlight the utter stupidity of the whole situation.

Thats nice, before I became a spotter I was rear tire changer, live stops with wide 5's, fun stuff but I still don't know the ends and outs of the TV world and how and why they do things. Seriously, you should apply and give them your wisdom and set them straight.
They do things that are in THEIR best interest, not NASCAR, the teams or the fans. NASCAR SHOULD be the voice of reason that keeps them in check, but they sold their soul to the highest bidder 25 years ago.

They do things that are in THEIR best interest, not NASCAR, the teams or the fans.
That’s what $8 Billion buys you.

If there’s another revenue stream available to replace that one while allowing NASCAR to make all the critical decisions, I’d like to know what it is.

That’s what $8 Billion buys you.

If there’s another revenue stream available to replace that one while allowing NASCAR to make all the critical decisions, I’d like to know what it is.

Pretty much why they are Billionaires and we are not. The victim role works for some. Personally, to understand how it works is much less painful. Crying and whining isn't going to change how it is. We aren't going to get unlimited air time, schedule adjustments in the blink of an eye, commercial less races, or solutions after the fact.

The wets are a better tire than they gave it credit for. Hamlin with at least two trips into the tires and Bubba I'd add to the list also. Bubba with a Bowman Gray move on national TV is a bad look for the sport when all eyes were on Bowman.
Hamlin and I agree on something...Now I can die lol.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom