Chili Bowl 2014

Clutch the story goes Swindell passed Pickens and was in the A, but Pickens over and undered him for the pass and put him in the B main..So the Aussie Pickens is no joke

JCT sponsors the Swindells. I used to work for them and Carrie Underwood is the daughter of one of the drivers that works for JCT. Tulsa Trivia.:p

Clutch the story goes Swindell passed Pickens and was in the A, but Pickens over and undered him for the pass and put him in the B main..So the Aussie Pickens is no joke
He's a KIWI...I watch him at my local. National Champ

Kevin was down at my local with his Dad in 2009/10
DSCF1076_small.jpg
DSCF0960_small.jpg
DSCF0980_small.jpg
DSCF1075_small.jpg
DSCF0997_small.jpg
DSCF1076_small.jpg
DSCF0960_small.jpg
DSCF0980_small.jpg
DSCF1075_small.jpg
DSCF0997_small.jpg
DSCF1076_small.jpg
DSCF0960_small.jpg
DSCF0980_small.jpg
DSCF1075_small.jpg
DSCF0997_small.jpg
and I took a few pics

In years past they used to cut a chevy in half to make a 4 cylinder and some of them had VW engines in them

Emmit Hahn was a hell of a sprint car driver back in the 70's, he owns a short track now out south of town and he started the Chili bowl, hell of a guy. He used to own a carpet shop and my parents bought a house full from him. Nice guy.

Hey Clutch, try some of Junior's stuff...> http://www.juniorsmidnightmoon.com/
It ain't the real thing but it's as close as you can legally get to it.
Thats what I wanna try

JUNIOR JOHNSON'S MUG SHOT, WILKESBORO, NC
Junior was caught only once by the revenuers. It was May 2, 1956. Junior had driven all night to get home after a race in Oxford, PA. His father asked him to light the fire at the family still before daylight broke and Junior did as he was told. The revenuers had staked out the Johnson still and ambushed Junior as soon as he walked up. Junior served 11 months of a two year sentence in federal prison in Chillicothe, Ohio. He was later pardoned by President Ronald Reagan.

I love it.

Thats what I wanna try

JUNIOR JOHNSON'S MUG SHOT, WILKESBORO, NC
Junior was caught only once by the revenuers. It was May 2, 1956. Junior had driven all night to get home after a race in Oxford, PA. His father asked him to light the fire at the family still before daylight broke and Junior did as he was told. The revenuers had staked out the Johnson still and ambushed Junior as soon as he walked up. Junior served 11 months of a two year sentence in federal prison in Chillicothe, Ohio. He was later pardoned by President Ronald Reagan.

I love it.
They'd have never caught him on the road...;)

Hey SOI this feed is just like watching TV...even with my crappy internet connection. :biggrin:

Donnie Ray Crawford is Ray Crawford's grandson. Ray Crawford and Emmit Hahn were the two local sprint car stars. Donnie was Ray's son and was a multi year champion, and Donnie Ray was Donnie's son and was doing the same thing. Three generation. He got shot by a crazy person

Back
Top Bottom