Christmas 2023 (AKA Martinsville Late Model Stock race)

Connor Hall clinched the NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series national championship with a win at Langley over the weekend.

The Virginia Triple Crown looks like it's coming down to Butterbean vs. Bobby Mac. Butterbean has some big wins in distance races as of late, such as Florence last fall, the Hampton Heat, North Wilkesboro, and won the most recent CARS Tour race at Jacksonville.

85 now. Practice underway and qualifying is 8 tonight on Flo

85 now. Practice underway and qualifying is 8 tonight on Flo

Disappointed that they haven't gone ahead and moved the feature to Sunday afternoon. There's a slim chance they can get it all in tomorrow, but for the sake of the fans, they should make the move.

My God cant they find someone to keep the camera steady on a lap? I'm drunk trying to watch this already

Andy, are you watching this? It looks bush league. Why don't we have the times showing on the on a crawl and what place they are in?

I can go to Race Monitor for the times but its way ahead of the video

What do you think the pole will be? I'm gonna go with a 19.70

I think weather wise we are good for qualifying, rain is about Danville

Kres VanDyke ... I'll never forget his superhuman crew rebuilding his whole ass car in like 20 minutes after a wild heat race.

Which brings me to this ... I ****** hate heat races determining the whole field. Go back to locking the top-20 in.

I'm all for "The Show." But there's no reason someone who qualifies third, or hell, qualifies first, should be sent home because of heat race shenanigans.

Kres VanDyke ... I'll never forget his superhuman crew rebuilding his whole ass car in like 20 minutes after a wild heat race.

Which brings me to this ... I ****** hate heat races determining the whole field. Go back to locking the top-20 in.

I'm all for "The Show." But there's no reason someone who qualifies third, or hell, qualifies first, should be sent home because of heat race shenanigans.
Oh they are gonna demolish a crap load

If your name is Lee, it's a requirement you be a good CC.

Lee Faulk. Lee McCall. Lee Pulliam.

Of course, Lee Pulliam was a 🐐🐐🐐🐐 driver too. The best of the best.

I swear Ive got my TV on Volume 55 and I cant hear the announcer, I can hear the car

She's gonna have her work cut out tomorrow.

I might be wrong, but I think Haley Moody remains the only woman to make the field for this race (in the 300 era) on her first attempt. Katie missed it last year.

Haley was GOOD. I really hope we can get her in a car next year at New River/Coastal/Jacksonville and Kenly/Lucama. Kate Dallenbach is still the best woman I've ever seen race in asphalt Late Models though.

I swear Ive got my TV on Volume 55 and I cant hear the announcer, I can hear the car

I hate to criticize a production team, I KNOW how much time, talent and money goes into it. But audio is, IMO, the easiest part. I could've run better audio on my $200 Peavey mixer.

Of course, the brand of microphone you use matters.

You couldn't pay me to announce on a microphone that isn't either a Shure or Sennheiser mic.

I'm gonna get online and ask Flo where was the Pylon and where were the announcers, in Danville? You couldn't hear a thing but the damn cars. I know I, complaining a lot but damn, you cant follow what the hell is going on. They have a lot of work to do before the heats.

I've done video for races before and where these guys or girls were messing up is trying to zoom in too much, just pull back a little and keep the car in center frame. When you zoom its harder to keep the framing and it bounces around

I've done video for races before and where these guys or girls were messing up is trying to zoom in too much, just pull back a little and keep the car in center frame. When you zoom its harder to keep the framing and it bounces around
Jay Bell does our races and the fact that he's usually zoomed out moreso than zoomed in is what I like about his work.

Also why I prefer NBC to Fox. Fox LOVES tight shots and they often miss something that NBC would get at least within their frame.

Jay Bell does our races and the fact that he's usually zoomed out moreso than zoomed in is what I like about his work.

Also why I prefer NBC to Fox. Fox LOVES tight shots and they often miss something that NBC would get at least within their frame.
Exactly!

Back
Top Bottom